It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm using meditation to try to stay alive.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I meditate for from 50 minutes to an hour every day.

I have to say my life is not ideal. I'm 65 years old, I live alone, I am poor in terms of money.

I'm trying to stay alive as long as I can.

Meditation might be helping. Time will tell.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

I hope it helps you.

Sometimes it's best to start with guided meditation so you can understand the basics. Then you will be able to meditate on your own & have the same success.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

you need plants, Maybe its time to be reintroduced to nature.

Meditation helps, But plants help more.

This how we gain an appreciation for everything growing around us.

Meditation regulates your emotions, Foods regulate your body.
Meditation can regulate the body. But only if you have been training for years.
Even then, Many monks rely on plants for their meditation.

Without plants non of their meditation teqniques would work. They use potent *drugs* to reach higher states of consiousness.

So that's how they reach those states which is obvious how it occures lol.

If you are trying to stay alive. This is your best bet. And of course. Keeping a healthy mind

edit on 19-8-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

In the practice Buddhism, where meditation comes from, there is the idea of right action.

And what is right action?

Right action is making actions which lead to welfare, to benefit, happiness/well being.

So how do we judge our actions, if they are good or not?

Simply, if particular actions or practice leads to well-being, then do it! If they lead to suffering or detriment then don't do it!

This is how one evaluates right actions.

So basically, the point I am making is that in the practice of Buddhism, what is important is not just that you meditate, but that you make the right actions in the way I described above. Meditation does not solve all problems. For example, meditation will not bring you money. If not having money is causing you grief, then you should try and make effort and take the right actions to alleviate your grief.

Best wishes.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I'll meditate some positive vibes in your direction.

And you are NOT alone..you have ATS.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
I meditate for from 50 minutes to an hour every day.

I have to say my life is not ideal. I'm 65 years old, I live alone, I am poor in terms of money.

I'm trying to stay alive as long as I can.

Meditation might be helping. Time will tell.

You should focus on physical sensation as you do it.
He who does not meditate disentegrates.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Meditation will help absolutely. Mind rules over the body. When the mind is returned to a peaceful, natural state, so it is reflected in the body. A body in such equilibrium is a healthy body. I know someone who has been meditating for 20 years, and he looks 10-15 years younger!

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Um...

Unless you are dying (any more than the rest of us are, that is) why would you suggest that you are meditating to stay alive?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ecapsretuo

Meditation won't help you if you are malnurished

Pills are not the answer, As pretty much every pill is a compound synthesis of plant molecules or bacteria usually.
Learning to love your body will indeed help you live longer.

Meditation may help slowing the damage.

The OP said they are poor in money and need to stay in good health.
What better way then free plants?

Even buddhism is rooted in plants.
Meditation becomes magnifolds when plants are incorperated. You need to reconnect with nature on a level most people arn't aware of. When you realize that everything around you is free, You can live off the land indefenantly. Your medicine and your food is all there. And no one can charge for it to grow there. Plants we call weeds were cultivated by humans many eons ago. They are adapted and may even be products of human genetic manipulation in the passed.

They literally follow our settlements and plop down where every we tread our feet. They blanket the forests.

Here's the definition of plants for Buddhism.
www.buddhisma2z.com...

PLANTS Plants are living organisms which grow in the earth and have the ability to convert sunlight into the energy they need for growth. Buddhism considers plants to be one-facultied (ekindriya) life forms (Vin.III,155). The traditional way of classifying plants in ancient India was as medical herbs (osadhī), forest-type trees (vanaspati), fruit or flower-producing trees (rukkha), shrubs (gumba), grasses (tiṇa), plants with tendrils (patāna) and vines (vallī). The Buddha classified them according to whether they are propagated by roots, stems, joints, cuttings or seeds (D.I,5). While killing a plant would not be breaking the first Precept, the Buddha encouraged his disciples to have a respect for all life including plants and not to unnecessarily damage or destroy plants, their foliage or their seeds (D.I,5). See Flowers and Trees

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Definitely try the plant advise!! I'm a terrible meditator, I prefer walking meditation a.k.a. going hiking. Idk what I'm going to do when the weather gets colder.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Herbs, vitamins, and plants are aids. But meditation is a powerful way to connect within to Source/Higher Self and God/Tao. To heal body, mind and soul and to uncover blocks and programs. Simple mindlessness/meditations, free form or with some eastern structure that concentrates on breath/life force/chi, is good. And then others, such as chakra, or some of the essene ones akin to the chakra's, tibetan/eastern. Also setting aside time to tend to your own frequency state and learning to talk yourself into a positive state, so a bit of law of affinity thrown in minus the whole "law" bit. Using positive mind, you and your Source, no need for other law ideas. Being in the moment.

I think this is more important than which herb you access actually and you can be in the moment to find the right tools for health and wellbeing around when your goal becomes to stay for longer periods in a higher frequency state and uncover blocks and flaws in self and talk your way into it. Self talk and envisioning is good. Set the stage for that every morning, when you wake up for a minute or two, and if you have blocks to doing this, "I love really doing the work I came to do, and being able to clear the programs of the world out to reach higher mind state, to be in the moment and help myself, family and all I can. Its an honor to be here and to help, to use my own spirit mind and to be alligned with myself, with Good/Love and God. To no longer accept the world's message in the media. I'm ready to reach those higher levels and uncover all the blocks. I love that I can do this. And help others rise above the traps in this world and begin to shine their lights. Thank You Source/Creator/God/Christ/Higher Self.

Start to work with your wish to grow your mind bigger, not more ego, more belief in positive and helping, and deprogramming.

Those I love statements came from watching some Ester Hicks, but its the emotional words that make you feel safe and are a part of your work, to start to stand still in the world and take charge over your own mind (with God/Source if thats a part of what you believe, and I do!)

So meditation is an altered healing state that is like dream time and should facilitate the healing or directions towards healing needed.

And help you achieve Higher Mind over lower impulses and even lower programs.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Yes, mind and body both need to be nurtured. I mentioned a young looking friend whom had been meditating for 20 years. It is also true that for those 20 years he has taken ONLY herbs for medication and 0 pharmaceuticals. Also, no chemicals, only whole and organic foods in his diet.
True, this side of the coin is equally important.
Healing is whole.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
50 minutes?

why not try reading the King james Bible for 50 minutes per day…start at the beginning…

I know people who have been helped doing this.

it is a form of meditation but one w purpose and hope.

-------------------------

yt: Lee Strobel - The Case for the Resurrection
www.youtube.com...
yt: The Bible Is True! ~ The New Evidence That Demands A Verdict
www.youtube.com...
yt: Walter Veith (13) Battle of the Bibles /Total Onslaught
www.youtube.com...
youtube: The Resurrection Argument That Changed a Generation of Scholars - Gary Habermas at UCSB youtu.be...
yt: The Forbidden Book - History of The English Bible (Documentary Film)
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I'm happy to send some Reiki your way.

If you're interested, PM me and we can arrange a distance session.

I hope this finds you well.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
the thing is many people have lost the connection to the Earth.

This implies more than simply existing within a state of mind. All these meditations were formed out of societies that worshiped the power of nature, Reflected in the wind the air we breath the water we drink and the plants we eat.

In many of these eastern cultures eating meat is forbidden. Or certain types of meat are taboo.
So in all seriousness they partook in plants in all their glory.

The eastern culture was and still is known as the spice region. Spices come from plants and without these many of the cultures that thrive there today wouldn't because of their anti-bacterial viral properities, As well has high ammounts of iron magnesium and silenium and other minerals/nutrients.

Meditation must be open and not contained. The whole point to meditation is re-establishing the connection breaking down the ego to see the world and universe for what it is.
This is why life is respected because it is well understood that nature contains all the healing properties we need to get better and stay healthy. It is also understood as our home as we built materials from nature and our tools. It houses the diverse web of life under canopys of lush green and fills endless feilds with brown and green hues.

Shamans, Monks, Priests, Even in the bible they collected plants for *offerings* for tinctures extracts ointments and oils.
Make no mistake about the power of plant meditation. Which wicca/pagan druidism based much of its culture on.
Medicine men and woman together used the knowledge of the deeper things to cure ailments.

For a long time this was understood as magic, Now it is understood as chemicals and it seem society has lost its collective interest in persuing true witchcraft and medicine making. Even back then, the knowledge was stricked to these types of * holy * people because of the fear it generated. But this isn't all common knowledge it just needs to be put into perspective to see the truth.

Yes meditation is good, But it is a hollow venture when you are cut off from the enviroment around you. Which is exactly what you want to desolve during meditation.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Surprised at this influx of anti meditation posts. The fundamental religious ones I get, they're child mind, or on assignment as some are, because religions are the control grid. And how they shape territories, call wars.

Christ, if he wasn't a metaphor, was here to free our minds.

But all these posts, no don't meditate, take herbs. Well some herbs might help, but please continue meditating, as its like hitting the jackpot for waking up, and getting on target and doing the work you came to do, and what was meant by "man of peace, be still and know the lord", at the parting the red sea, (ego and anger and reactions).

But this other stuff, hmmm...interesting. I suggest everyone who posts like this spend some time meditating and doing some soul searching, and breaking some of those contracts.

Like Isaiah said, All contracts are null and void. I always liked him and Christ.
edit on 19-8-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

What is life? Not your external life circumstances. But what is the life you feel within? Simply meditate on that feeling of life within as much as you can, even after meditating. That will take you further.

This world, the scriptures say, is an illusion. So relax into whatever that is happening in the moment. Simply observe, and act in the external world, while experiencing that feeling of life within. Trust me Sir, you will find peace even now. It can only be found in the NOW

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Meditation never hurts. Sending positive vibes your way.

And as has been said, you are not alone.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Meditation will surely help prolong life as the breath and lining up of the chakras revitalizes the organs while clearing out the brain of toxins, more or less depending on the method. The classic zazen (zen) sitting meditation with the half open gaze I have found is the most difficult and is most effective when practiced for 20 to 30 minutes at a time. People who take up zazen regularly tend to look younger because it dissipates the lines in the face, particularly the forehead. You'll be hard pressed to find zazen master with many lines in the forehead or the face even well into old age (80s or 90s).

One last thing to remember... at your age not much to worry about but meditation does call on the unseen(makyo) to come and test your meddle.

edit on 20-8-2014 by kronos11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
You should also check if any chinese are doing Tai Chi in your local gardens, most don't mind if you tag along.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join