It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When does smoking pot or even stealing cigars justify 2 bullets in the head ?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: redeyeblue
I certainly would not wish to live in America these days, there have been numerous accounts of police either shooting or beating individuals for various misdemeanours. I can understand police have a difficult job to do, especially with an armed public and gun culture which exists in the US.
However with all the training the police are supposed to recieve, it amazes me how restraint is pushed aside in favor of better him than me approach. There were two officers present in the Michael Brown case, at least one of them could easily have used a stun gun before lethal weapons.
Even if we accept the officers view that Brown rushed at him, is that a green light for that officer to kill? We have two officers with stun guns, batons and handcuffs against an unarmed 18 year old, surely they could easily overpower him with non lethal force.
In the UK we have mainly unarmed cops on the street who come across violent situations every day, they cope with their training to deal with these situations and it works. Using lethal force on unarmed civilians is not the best way to garner public support, nor is it or should ever be part of a civilised society.

The problem is, they aren't unarmed civilians...they are animals. They need to be purged from society to make society better. They are a cancer that allowed to grow, will destroy us all. Therefore...that makes them a threat to society and a cure is needed. Sorry...but I have NO problem with cleaning up our streets. I would rather see 10 thugs shot in the head than one innocent store owner roughed up.

If you see that all criminals or potential young criminals should be shot dead, then I certainly would not like to be part of your view of society. No trial by jury, no law apart from summary executions, this would quickly lead to anarchy and a far bigger mess than we have today.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
if it's my pot and cigars

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneManArmy

"When does smoking pot or even stealing cigars justify 2 bullets in the head ?"

Smoking pot doesn't. Stealing something? You should be shot in the head as a menace to society like a dog gone bad. Of course, you have to let everyone know long ahead of time that this is the law of the land. That way...only those who can't control themselves get killed. And those are the ones we don't want in our society anyway. You know...like the one dead thief we are talking about here, that we no longer have to worry about.

If thats an example of being "awake" Id rather sleep.

Since when did you become judge, jury and executioner.
Judge not lest thee be judged.

I find people with opinions like yours a stain on society, but does that mean you should be murdered?

Of course not, Im not an idiot.

We can disagree. But we allow individual cells in our society to spread and damage the others. We even sympathize with them sometimes and make excuses for what they are. In the end...society suffers and allowing the whole of society to suffer for the actions of a group of cells, which can be "cleaned up" is kinda stupid. If you want utopia...you have to get rid of the bad elements.

And, I find stains on society...stains on society.

Utopia? Or dystopia?

I would call your opinion of what makes utopia a "stain" on society.

And to even think Utopia is possible when humans are involved is crazy talk.
I will not make excuses for you, your opinion is embarrassing for mankind, when you put summary execution and utopia in the same paragraph. In my utopia I would get rid of you first, but that doesnt mean execution, that means you can go and share those festering ideas with other like minded "fantasists" and create your "utopia" somewhere else.
Some of us value life, and human life more so. We are all born exactly the same, its our life experiences that make us what we are.
You dont beat crime by fighting it head on. You beat crime by stopping the causes of crime.
Inequality, poverty, poor infrastructure and poor education all contribute to crime. You deal with that and you have less bad apples. As long as we worship the money god and his material blessings then we will turn a blind eye to where things go wrong as long as its "not in my backyard".

<< 6  7  8   >>

join