It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When does smoking pot or even stealing cigars justify 2 bullets in the head ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
NEVER

NEVER EVER

NEVER EVER EVER!!

No if's ands or butts. No excuses, no maybes, not a single anything will bring this man back from the dead.

So, what you're saying, it's pretty definite he's not coming back from the dead?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
He's not Jesus honey.

I'm saying none of the other details are relevant. Interesting maybe. Relevant no.

a reply to: UnBreakable

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Teenagers are still children in my eyes, especially ones like brown who make piss poor decisions.

at 18 your legally considered a adult. you are able to move out on your own with no responsibility of your parents. ie means if you _____up they don't have to pay for your problems. you can vote, get a car, get a home if you can get financing, responsible for your own bills, and the whole host of adult responsibilities.

the only thing you can't do that people 21 or over can is smoke and drink. which is wrong. if you can join the service at 17 with your parents signature and take the chance of dying for your country, you should allowed to partake of all freedoms granted to anyone.

just because some parents want to hang on to control over their kids or want to continue to see them as children, does not exclude them from the consequences of their own dumb actions.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Just by typing that smoking and drinking is wrong you are making a moral judgement. That particular moral judgement is legal. Its also legal to have a bad day, not be pleasant and many other things.

Legality means very little when ot comes down to it. Your person morals vs any other personal morals would not be an issue if you didn't make it an issue.

a reply to: hounddoghowlie

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

in this instances the law of the land makes the moral judgement.
ie it was voted for by your state and federal senators and representatives.

they say you can't legislate morality, they do it all the time, think about abortion.

and besides i was talking about what the laws says a 18 yr old adult can and can't do when it is legal for others over 21 to do.
nothing about morality, it was about fairness.

no where did i say smoking and drinking are wrong, i said it's not right to tell one group you can't do that then tell others it's all right for them to do.

sharpen those comprehension skills.

see here i'll point out key words in red and lime green.

the only thing you can't do that people 21 or over can is smoke and drink. which is wrong.

now here in red is what i said the law says you can't do. and in lime green i say that is wrong.

now i ask you where did i say smoking and drinking is wrong.
edit on 19-8-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
You just made my point.

The bible thumpers make the most noise, give the most money and impose their morals and values on others. That doesn't make it right. That simply means they followed the designated path of legality to impose their morals and values on others.

That exemplifies exactly why lagality is not the end all of right and wrong. Maybe if you applied your morals and values internally rather than externally you wouldn't feel the need to post negative comments every time someone doesn't agree with you.

From the example you set I'm glad my morals and values don't require me to type a negative about your understanding of the checks and balances system and how lobbying has basically made it irrelevant.
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

In the days where common sense is rare.... it is revolutionary... your title says it all...

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Libertygal

Yes, and trained Officers of the Peace pelt the offender with six slugs because their scared...

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: R_Clark
I agree the LEO need much better training. They seem to be trained to handle a perfect public when the public they actually encounter is far from perfect.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Am I the only one who doesn't buy the "new chain of events" they're presenting? They took a week to cook up a BS story now everyone's lapping it up. For shame.

And whats with all this robbery talk? Did the kid #ing rob a store or did he shop lift a cigar? Those are two entirely different ballparks if you ask me. Can someone at least iron that fact out for me please?

No matter what he did, it's not about JUST mike brown. I see a new video every week it seems of a cop in an extremely questionable shooting IF NOT an straight forward murder who gets not even a slap on the wrist.

Has anyone seen the story of the kid shot in walmart because he was purchasing a BB gun, the police were called because he was walking through the store with it and they opened fire on him. A 37 year old bystander also died of a heart attack. According to his GF who was on the phone with him, he said something like "Don't shoot its a toy" then she heard gunshots, followed by the police shouting "get on the ground". Ahh sometimes its hard to remember the 1 comes before the 2 when you're facing down a teenager with a bb gun.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

just give it up you have no clue as to what your saying and can't or don't want understand anything that is pointed out to you.

i have no where inserted my personal beliefs on anything, other than to state that allowing people over 21 to smoke and drink while telling people under 21 they can't is wrong. it is not about the smoking and the drinking, it's about one group being allowed to do something and others not when they can go and die for this country at that age. in others words whats fair and equal.

my comment on abortion, which by the way is legal, and most of what you call "bible thumpers" are against,
in no stated my opinion whether it is moral or not, other than to show that laws can be used to legislate what is seen as moral or not.

if so please point to where i said so. if not just shut up because your blowing smoke trying obfuscate by saying people are saying something they are not.

last post to you because it's clear you have no skills.

edit on 19-8-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bundy

And whats with all this robbery talk? Did the kid #ing rob a store or did he shop lift a cigar? Those are two entirely different ballparks if you ask me. Can someone at least iron that fact out for me please?

It was more than shoplifting. It was a 'strong-arm" robbery where he physically assaulted the store clerk by grabbing his neck. It's on video.

"Cops Say Michael Brown Robbed Store Before Being Killed (Surveillance Video)"
www.eurweb.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

just give it up you have no clue as to what your saying and can't or don't want understand anything that is pointed out to you.

i have no where inserted my personal beliefs on anything, other than to state that allowing people over 21 to smoke and drink while telling people under 21 they can't is wrong. it is not about the smoking and the drinking, it's about one group being allowed to do something and others not when they can go and die for this country at that age. in others words whats fair and equal.

my comment on abortion, which by the way is legal, and most of what you call "bible thumpers" are against,
in no stated my opinion whether it is moral or not, other than to show that laws can be used to legislate what is seen as moral or not.

if so please point to where i said so. if not just shut up because your blowing smoke trying obfuscate by saying people are saying something they are not.

last post to you because it's clear you have no skills.

What I clearly understand is your lack of respect for others with a different view. I don't need to read past your pettiness to know that I'm the one that benefits from you not typing to me anymore. Ty. I will hold you to it.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
All other details on this day have no relevance to this man losing his life. Don't allow details that are not significant to keep your attention away from the fact that a man lost his life.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

He's not Jesus honey.

I'm saying none of the other details are relevant. Interesting maybe. Relevant no.

I was being facetious, 'honey'. I realize he is far from being Jesus.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

All other details on this day have no relevance to this man losing his life. Don't allow details that are not significant to keep your attention away from the fact that a man lost his life.

All other details have no relevance to him lsing his life? Sorry, but details like assaulting then bullrushing an officer and going for his gun have a lot of relevance to the situation. Is that you, Al Sharpton?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
So now they are up to a dozen witnesses's who say Brown taunted and then charged the police officer. So the stolen cigars and illegal drugs don't really matter do they? Nope.

www.theblaze.com... ng/

www.al.com...

twitter.com...

wait, so this josie claimed to be a friend of wilson, and she confirms wilson's side of the story? So wilson's friend just happened to be at the scene? I find that hard to believe. Sounds more like a friend supporting a friend than a witness.
edit on 08pm01pm312014-08-19T13:36:39-05:0001America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The longer this goes on the more i believe the shooting was justifiable.

Yes the cop did not know the suspect had committed robbery and assault and battery.

But the suspect did and likely believed the cop was going to arrest him for the felonies.

The suspect brown likely knew he was looking at state prison time.

This is one thing cops fear. A attack during what they believe is a routine stop by a suspect that knows he has committed a major crime that is going to send him to prison for years.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

The short answer is...When you decide to scuffle with a police officer, go for his gun or bull charge him.

You will be hard pressed to find a Police officer anywhere that would not do the same. Imagine being a Police officer and having someone go for your gun. At that point its life or death no matter how you slice it. Charging the officer after scuffling for his gun is a sure way to meet your maker.

He was shot (allegedly) for what happened in the street with the officer; not for what he smoked or did in the store.
I could give two craps about him getting high and doing a Philly Blunt raid on the local store just before he got shot. Apparently this is acceptable behavior for harmless little school-boys in their community.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
If this police officer was properly trained in a good state of mental health, he could have made a better choice. Do think this man isn't second guessing his own choices?

Don't be side tracked from the actual issue. Every other peice of stupidity that comes out of Ferguson stems from poorly train LEOs. Just details from the main issue.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join