It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind power and science...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Thought I'd bring this up once again. Rabert Jahn's experiments with random number generators and the mind's influence on them. He claims that the evidence is already enough to support the fact that the mind alone can influence reality.

Wishful thinking

Princeton researchers: Thoughts come true

Mind over matter: Jahn delves into engineering anomalies

Other links

The RetroPsychoKinesis Experiments

Garden of Dreams

[edit on 5-12-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
...He claims that the evidence is already enough to support the fact that the mind alone can influence reality.

I couldn't agree more. The mind is much more than science can predict or test. The mind connects with the energy and spiritual side of things that most people can not detect. The mind - on the other hand, is very aware of it's existance.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well, let's say that he's right, and I think I believe he is. Isn't it interesting to note that we use only about ten percent of our brains yet they still have the capacity and power to do things like that? Imagine if we used even twice as much, (a mere 20% or one fifth of our total brain power), what amazing these we could do!

[edit on 5-12-2004 by an3rkist]

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by an3rkist
Well, let's say that he's right, and I think I believe he is. Isn't it interesting to note that we use only about ten percent of our brains yet they still have the capacity and power to do things like that? Imagine if we used even twice as much, (a mere 20% or one fifth of our total brain power), what amazing these we could do!

[edit on 5-12-2004 by an3rkist]

first id like to dispel the massive myth that we only use "X" percentage of our brains. this is not true. second id like to say that i believe this is a bunch of hokey-business, and after trying the tests; there is no way possible the mind has any effect on the outcome of these tests, or any other physical manifestation possible.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
first id like to dispel the massive myth that we only use "X" percentage of our brains. this is not true. second id like to say that i believe this is a bunch of hokey-business, and after trying the tests; there is no way possible the mind has any effect on the outcome of these tests, or any other physical manifestation possible.

I apologize to everyone for posting that false information. I was duped, and it sucks! Although I would like to make a recommendation that when you correct people like you did, that you post a link to the information proving me wrong, like so:

an3rkist, as you will see in the following link, the "use only ten percent of our brain" thing is a myth:

faculty.washington.edu...

Once again I apologize.
From now on I'll try to research small things like that before I say them.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
i'm going to have to go with forsakenwayfarer on this. I used to be into the energy/chi stuff and upon experimentation I believe it all works like a placebo. You believe it works so much you talk yourself into believing it actually does

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by an3rkist

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer

I apologize to everyone for posting that false information. I was duped, and it sucks! Although I would like to make a recommendation that when you correct people like you did, that you post a link to the information proving me wrong, like so:

an3rkist, as you will see in the following link, the "use only ten percent of our brain" thing is a myth:

faculty.washington.edu...

Once again I apologize.
From now on I'll try to research small things like that before I say them.

you get my way above vote for denying teh ignorance. yuo is teh winnar.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Uhm.. Read them again. The researches say that the chance of those results coming up is one in trillions. So one in a trillion chance that it's just some random results. And it's repeated again and again.

there is no way possible the mind has any effect on the outcome of these tests, or any other physical manifestation possible.

Okay then.. Try to debunk the research made by PEAR.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
you guys should read a book called "the holographic universe". it explains that the reality we percieve is created by conciousness itself and that actual reality is just random particles we decipher with our senses. pretty interesting, alot of people believe in it. including me.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Yep, I know that book. Although I haven't read it yet.. But it's very interesting according to all the information that I've read about it.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The power of the mind & the tools one uses to enhance it never ceases to amaze me. I'm so grateful for my mind.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I would turn the question around and ask how anyone could suggest that the mind doesn't influence reality. Reality is nothing more than a collective agreement, an agreement that exists between x number of "minds".

The difference is that some people learn how to use the power of their minds to greater effect than others. (Or perhaps are "born" with greater ability, although I suspect most people can "learn" if they set their minds to it...)

imho, of course!

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm of two minds of this:

Things do change when we ineract with them. but I don't think that we have exact control.

There's a man out there who does marriage comseling....err more of maraige restoration. Often, the only way to get the cheating person to leave their lover alone was for the cheater to lose thier jobs. The longest time it's ever took for this guy's prayers to be answered, on the behalf of the cheater losing the job was 2 weeks. He hasn't failed yet.....and I think he's been in this line of work for about 15 years?
Gotta look it up again.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Just wanted to add that although mind power is a wonderful thing, if you output too much, overpowering what your physical system can handle, you can temporarily get headaches or pronounced energy blockages due to too much accumulation.

In this latter case, you can feel it in the torso area. It's worse than getting headaches IMO. But can be relieved immediately by grounding yourself asap. This is when a burger + fries comes in handy.
Consuming meat in general will cause a grounding effect fast. And then taking a decent break from energy work for a while should remedy the situation completely.

Of course you can always find tools to help you take on an extra load if you're so inclined.

new topics

top topics

join