It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had a strange conversation with my wife about ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
First off I want to say that I wasn't sure where to post this but since ironically there is some conspiracy theory here The Gray Area seemed like the best choice.

I had a very odd conversation with my wife today concerning my participation here on ATS.
Her friends and family her convinced that by me being active on ATS and making posts over on facebook
about subjects I am researching or opinions on them, that I and maybe her will be put on some government list of
activists, government bashers, or people to keep a eye on. This primarily is about my vocal opinions on what is happening in Ferguson, MO and my previous researching of the "sucide" Danny Casolaro.

I don't want to just come out and say something like now who is believing conspiracy theories. Anyone else have someone become concerned about your usage of ATS and if so how did you help overcome it?

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Too late you are on the list. Might as well just keep rollin

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jholt5638

It's a well known fact that trigger words exist that get flagged. When you mention things like False Flag, 911, Nuclear, Terrorism, Jihad, Arab Spring....gets there attention. Hi'ya fellas.

Stay safe. I don't post on FB, don't really use it much and when I do its not about this. Not because of government or FB creepy T&C, but because honestly most people are completely unaware and chose to be. There is nothing worse than having your cozy little existence shattered with a little truth.

Post, don't post. Rest assured, they are watching and if Ferguson is any testament, our rights went by way of the Dodo some few days ago at the latest.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

No worries, every American is on a list by way of NSA agreements with ISPs.

Think about it this way, if *everyone* is on a list, how will they differentiate? Don't let fear decide your fate.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Unless you want to give up your freedom of speech, use it. If you start making threats or inciting violence then you will move up the list pretty quick. Otherwise a lot of people are upset, angry and confused about a lot of things these days. The only thing worst than talking about it is not talking about it.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
My girlfriend has many opinions about me and what I do I don't give a damn because well I'm the pretty one in the relationship. Go ahead leave me I'll end up better off, sad but better off lol

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Not that she'll like these answers but she might. I already figured from the first time I connected my Commodore 64 up to a phone line that everything put out there is recorded somewhere. If we all are on the list the I couldn't be in better company.
edit on 8/18/142014 by jholt5638 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

You should see the list I'm on.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
oh, don't worry yourselves about any lists. It's all for Santa, you see years ago he started outsourcing his naughty or nice list to India but they kept stuffing things up. He heard about the NSA looking into data collection and upon contacting them, they agreed to help him out with his list. So ya see, it's all good. Unless you're on the naughty list, then you're #@%!ed.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Well I did read a thread not so long ago that claimed ATS was owned by the Dept of Defense or some such thing.

But I always assumed everyone CAME HERE FOR THAT REASON.

Where else would you take solid group catalysed curative progressive ideas but to a place where they might garner some peripheral impacts of their own?

Dont worry, its to late you have already been chipped and dipped, you are now officially an ATSer.

You might as well do as already posted,Roll on Brother....Roll on.
edit on 18-8-2014 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
My wife is convinced that we will have our house invaded by uniforms some Day if I Don't stop my quest for the truth...maybe so.

She asks how I can keep Doing all this. My answer...How can I not?

After all...it's for her as well.

Peace

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Most definitely, do a search of websites (cough) in google to see who owns them and what people people have found about them. Even many of the alternate news services have been bought out.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Celebrate ..its a positve achievement to make the list .. rather than being just another bootlicking slave of the state

Keep researching and keep speaking out.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
She is absolutely right.
FB is dangerous.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It's helluva better than being on the 'I only watch Fox News' list.

And I call for the overthrow of the US government on a regular basis. No visits from MIB yet, but there was one incident with a black helicopter. I think they were just looking for certain fields of green that are grown nearby me, though.

Ask your wife's friends, if they are afraid of their government why do they support it?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I don't care if I'm on their list. They're on my list and millions of other taxpayers. Have no fear when searching for the truth.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
True Americans would be honored to be on a list.

Our Founders insisted we hold our leaders accountable.

As long as you don't advocate violence and never incite any such garbage.

We have the only weapon we need, a vote....Used correctly it change everything.

Our Founders were pretty smart guys.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
if youre concerned you can quit posting more conspiracy theories
on facebook and conspiracy/research websites
no need to panic friends and family about doom events based
on wild fantasies

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: blacktie

I'm not concerned because frankly I don't really think they care one way or the other about my reading of conspiracy theories. Or, my thoughts on them. For me it's the looking for truth no matter where it leads me.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I understand your thirst.

However consider that your spouse may not share your thirst for the truth,and remember that you yourself did not always feel the same thirst you feel now.

Consider these relationships you have at home and at work and in your social life because once you open Pandoras Box there is no diving down any rabbit Hole to evade the things that jump out at you.

The TRUTH carries a very heavy tax, one everyone must pay,the Journey is best shared with people of like passion and drive,other than that circumstance you may find your wheels spinning and your world not fitting quite right anymore.

Carefully weigh exactly how much TRUE CHANGE you are prepared to ask the people in your life and around you to make because as you discover more and more truths of your own free-will,you will CHANGE also of your own free-will and it will be a powerfull and symbiotic action,you cannot open your eyes and see truths and then close them and make the reality go away.

Follow your Heart,it was what brought you the best things in your life so far,you cannot go wrong if you follow your Heart because it will police your passion.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join