It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi prince robbed of 250k euros and 'sensitive' documents during mysterious carjacking in Paris

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

When faced with the prospect of hundreds of thousands of Euros, one does not risk that pot to stand around picking up a paltry grand. The methods of robbery such as this, rely on very simple, but IRON fast timings. Everything must be planned down to the smallest detail, in order for an event like this to come off without a hitch, from the exact specification of the vehicles used by the robbers, to the amount of time, TO THE SECOND, allowed for each phase of the operation. From starting their own cars and making their way to the location of the robbery, to the precise timing of their deployment from their vehicle, to the deployment methodology itself, every little nuance must have been accounted for, in order for this job to have come off.

If I was pulling a job like this, I would establish some basic SOPs of my own, to ensure that everyone is moving off the same play book. For a start, no one gets caught. To facilitate no one getting caught, I would insist that no one take longer than x amount of time to complete their part of the work to be done. The faster the job is completed, the less chance there is of the authorities getting there before the crew has made their escape. Therefore, securing whatever items of currency or other important objects that are being targeted, must be done to a time table as well. If some money goes astray during the escape, or there are not enough seconds left on the clock to reach out and grab that last brick of cash, then so be it, there the money stays!

Everyone deploys, does their bit, and gets back in the getaway vehicles with all possible speed, no one messes about, and everyone goes home richer. And this does strike me as a purely criminal enterprise at work here, rather than an intelligence gig. The fact that this is by no means the first time that the motorcade of a rich and powerful individual has been hit like this, and the fact that the victimology of the crimes thus far committed seems focused toward money rather than political status or affiliation, leads me to that conclusion. Of course, if the crew working these jobs is ex military, then they might have connections which would allow them to work both for themselves, and on a freelance basis for intelligence organisations and government agencies. It is even possible that whoever heads the crew, has a contact for the sale of information as well as the fencing or laundering of vast sums of money, jewelery and the like.

God knows there are enough organisations out there which desire information more than near enough anything else! From national governments, to organised crime syndicates, the demand for data is enormous, and there are folk out there, on both sides of the law, who will do damned close to anything to get their hands on it. Even if data were taken and traded therefore, it would not necessarily indicate an intelligence link, or a revenge link in this case. I would imagine that the secrets of some people are worth MILLIONS to certain other people.

Its a thorny one though, I will give you that!

edit on 19-8-2014 by TrueBrit because: Grammar failure corrected.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
You sound eerily knowledgeable about heists for an innocent person
yes you are absolutely correct about time constraints, but it seems to me if it is a robbery, why not just take everything? They singled out documents and left some behind. You've already kidnapped and robbed someone, take it all and it may turn out valuable later...

It reminds me of how the CIA encourages their employees to do private work on the side utilising their resources, since they're not paid enough.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

Yeah, I am a locksmith, so part of my job is to think about how criminals operate, and apply countermeasures to buildings, cars, and other bits of property, to combat that element.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Sounds like the Saudi's were looking to make some payments and intelligence sharing to ISIS

I wonder who stopped them?

CIA?

I get a funny feeling Saudi and the US are not seeing eye to eye at the moment!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Sounds like a Mossad job. So what were the sensitive documents? perhaps relating to a Saudi military exercise in the Maldives earlier this year??

Its just my speculation.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

How many Saudi princes are there? Seems like hundreds...

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
For all we know those 'Sensitive' documents could have just been receipts from a gay bar night club.

Yeah but a CIA/Mossad plot seems more plausible.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
For all we know those 'Sensitive' documents could have just been receipts from a gay bar night club.

If true, in pure ATS form: I'm calling it an inside job!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
Yeah but a CIA/Mossad plot seems more plausible.

Could have been the French inteligence apparatus for all we know. Maybe they are sour over the arms deal or suspected that he was funding some terrorists/political operators who they French don't want to see financed. Maybe it's something totally else. Maybe there's something in the documents that France needs to disappear. It could even be that the documents are less sentive to the Saudis and more sensitive to, say, the United States. If so, the French could use them as some sort of a bargaining chip in the future. TTIP is still being negotiated after all.

Really, though, it could have been anyone but there's no need to discount the locals.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

Well, according to Wikipedia, the Saud family is far from small;

The family is estimated to be composed of 15,000 members, but the majority of the power and wealth is possessed by a group of only about 2,000

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

That may well be the case, however at this stage I'd say that's becoming less likely.

Saudi royal named amid reports of blackmail.

The individual in question is Prince Abdulaziz bin Fahd, who is reportedly a "Playboy Saudi prince", certainly nothing unique there. At this stage, as far as I can tell, he has not lodged any sort of complaint with the French police, but they are investigating nevertheless.

From the above source;

While assailants reportedly stole 250,000 euros ($334,000) from the prince’s car, the seized documents were the real “prize”, according to the source, who said the Saudi royal is now being blackmailed for upwards of $330mn.

The following from the source appears to be current speculation;

No one was injured in the attack, although a popular Twitter account that purports to leak secrets from Saudi Arabia said the prince’s personal assistant, Hatem al-Sehaim, was kidnapped in the attack and remains hostage.

And finally;

French authorities are investigating and a police official said the attack bears the hallmark of “a very organised, and especially well informed, commando group, who had information and accomplices,” according to Reuters.

“As far as I am concerned, it looks very much like it could be commandos from Eastern Europe, who we know about, who are often paid to do dirty work,” said police official Rocco Contento.

“Is it a financially motivated crime, for money? Is it ordered by another person to get hold of sensitive documents? We don’t know at this stage of the investigation.”

Seems like a lot of trouble and no doubt expense for irrelevant information.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell
edit on 20-8-2014 by myselfaswell because: pesky spelling

<< 1   >>

join