It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agent provocateur in Ferguson

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

Dear jaws1975,

I accept your apology, thank you.

I went to Wikipedia to find lists of American riots or large disturbances. This article seemed especially thorough and up to date as it includes Ferguson.
en.wikipedia.org...

Because the list was lengthy, I took their last category, 2010 to present. It seemed a good idea to throw out disturbances at High Schools and Colleges over sporting events or coach decisions. Given that, here's the list:

2010 - Springfest Riot, April 10, 200 police disperse crowd of 8000 using tear gas, pepper spray, rubber bullets and bean bag rounds, near the campus of James Madison University; dozens injured; 30-35 arrested., Harrisonburg, Virginia
2010 – Santa Cruz May Day riot, May 1, 250 rampage through downtown Santa Cruz attacking 18 businesses, causing an estimated $100,000 in damages. 1 arrested. Santa Cruz, California
2010 – L.A. Lakers riot, June 17, Fans riot in Downtown Los Angeles after Lakers win championship, 50 arrested. Los Angeles, California
2010 – BART Verdict riot, July 8, Riot breaks out in response to verdict in the killing of Oscar Grant, BART Police shooting of Oscar Grant. About 100 businesses were damaged and 78 people were arrested, Oakland, California
2010 - Eugene Melee, Sept 25, Riot breaks out west of the University of Oregon campus as police use tear gas to break up a rowdy party. 9 arrested. Eugene, Oregon
2010 - Oakland Protest riot, Nov. 5, Police made more than 150 arrests as a crowd broke windows and knocked down fences, protesting sentence of former BART officer in shooting of Oscar Grant on New Years Day 2009 see BART Police shooting of Oscar Grant., Oakland, California
2011 - Occupy Wall Street (Brooklyn Bridge Protests). Demonstrators blocked the bridge and more than 700 people were arrested. Brooklyn, New York
2011 - Occupy Wall Street Oakland Protests Riots. October. Protesters shattered windows, set fires, and plastered buildings with graffiti. Riot police fired heavy amounts of tear gas on the protesters.
2012 NATO 2012 Chicago Summit May. Conflict between riot police. Dozens of demonstrators clubbed and arrested.
2012 Anaheim police shooting and protests Civil Unrest, July 28. Violence erupted after multiple shootings in the neighborhood by police that included unarmed Manuel Diaz. 24 people were arrested
2013 - Brooklyn Riots, March 9. Riots erupt for several nights after the controversial shooting of Kimani Gray. Over 46 demonstrators were arrested.
2013 - Seattle May Day Protest Riots, May 1st, 17 Arrested as Seattle May Day Protests Turn Violent.
2014 - Deltopia Party Turns Violent, University of California, Santa Barbara, April 5, Over 80 Arrested and over 8 police officers Injured.
2014 - Ferguson, Missouri, August 10. Protests after the death of unarmed teenager Michael Brown; via a Furgeson Police officer. Multiple arrests because of curfew violations and minimal amounts of looting.[1]

With the exceptions of Eugene, Oregon, Seattle, Washington, and Ferguson, Missouri all of the riots were in California, New York City, or Chicago.

Is that racist? I didn't think so. What did I have in my original list? I forget. Was it Los Angeles, New York City, and Chicago?

But as I say, apology accepted.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

Fair enough. I can follow you with that. Looting is a crime.. so I was just being very general.
No I think we are on the same page here.

Being poor does not really have much to do with looting, and taking advantage of this event. Agree. And with other events you pointed out. People reach a boiling point, and they go off the handle and make rash choices, and not stemming purely from poverty. Yet it is an ingredient to the whole pie. It is all about point of view sometimes. Thus you did not disappoint me, I just did not want to get into a big debate about poor=looting=crime line .. We good?

But, yeah being poor will drive many people to rob for money to pay bills, buy food. Or the ladder buy more crack.
Goes both ways here.
But thanks for clearing that up with me.. thank you!

Reply to Bassago-- Also yeah, I agree. With this current event here.. the looting and stuff is uncalled for. And has nothing to do with people "needing" this stuff at all. Just a bad element, which I cover in my OP.
I just said crime in general.. but I think we are all on the same page here now
Thanks for your support on the thread here.

As I said ^^^^ being poor can lead to crime. People so desperate for X or Y. They will do anything to get X or Y.
Some crime is justified in my eyes.. Others clearly are not what so ever, and are used as excuses to justify bad habits..
edit on 22914562485 by zysin5 because: Edit1

edit on 22914242785 by zysin5 because: Edit 2

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

checking that list and analyzing....

checking if those areas are historically Democrat/Progressive voting pockets right down to each voting booth.

will post later.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Thanks for that link there kosmicjack! I had not seen that in the sea of pages in that thread.. Very easy to over look something like that.
One of the reasons why I made this thread. Maybe ikonoklast will find their way here, and offer some more thoughts.
Thanks again and also yeah I am trying my best to keep a level head in all this. I think its a highly tense topic, and some have gotten our messages crossed, but logic will win this day on ATS here. I feel everyone posting here is pretty much on the same page.
I have learned not to over analyze some things. As much as I could have made my OP into a grand conspiracy.. I stepped back from that point. Human nature is enough for us to deal with at the moment.. hehe
edit on 22914004485 by zysin5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The media says that the rioters and looters are coming "from somewhere else" . Now there's provocateurs getting people to do it? People should be held accountable for their own actions. Not pass the blame elsewhere. That's just how I feel about it. Accountability for all.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
The media says that the rioters and looters are coming "from somewhere else" . Now there's provocateurs getting people to do it? People should be held accountable for their own actions. Not pass the blame elsewhere. That's just how I feel about it. Accountability for all.

I think you are missing the point. The provocateurs are the outsiders as well. Not passing the blame.. Just putting it into context for the ATS membership, and readers alike.
We all have to come to our own conclusions, however, you are mixing looters coming from else where, with now there is provocateurs getting people to do it. They are all one in the same.. Make sense?
pst.. Don't believe everything the MSM is telling you. That leads into dangerous territory.
I do agree however.. Those doing this crap, should be held accountable. What they are doing is hurting the cause, not helping. But that is kind of the point of them doing it. Some of them.. Others, just out of sheer anger. Some taking advantage of the event. Many variables. And always 2 sides to every coin. MSM has been about 20-45 minutes behind The Civil peoples news of the internet.
Sometimes the MSM never catches up, and spreads total BS.
Accountability for all. Yes all who are doing criminal acts.. NOT the peaceful protestors. Hence the point of the whole thread. To allow people to see that you can not punish EVERYONE for a small group of people being knuckleheads.
edit on 22914045285 by zysin5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Provocateurs are a tried and tested method of operation. It's been around as long as we have warred against each other as organized bands.

I would almost 100% support that there are agent provocateurs in Ferguson. From who is always the question. I am pretty sure almost every group mentioned in this thread would have reason to want to stir things up. Some would be more overt about their intentions. There is the small chance there are none, and everything happening there is totally local. It's possible, but not probable. imo anyway.

If you search agent provocateurs on ATS you can find quite a few threads about them, and real instances of them being outed. And they're from all sides.

One such example.

Another

It works, it's been shown over and over again that it does. Ferguson may have been local to start, but I doubt that's how things are now.
edit on 19-8-2014 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: GAOTU789

Provocateurs are a tried and tested method of operation. It's been around as long as we have warred against each other as organized bands.
I would almost 100% support that there are agent provocateurs in Ferguson. From who is always the question.It works, it's been shown over and over again that it does. Ferguson may have been local to start, but I doubt that's how things are now.

Thank you very much GAOTU! For being another voice of reason here. You absolutely get it. Thanks for the links, and providing your input.
So true, that is the million dollar question, From who?
There was no doubt when this is a tried and tested method. And then got world wide attention! World wide is the expression here.
Local to world wide changes the whole game here.

And all the reports I got from my friends in Ferguson, telling me from boots on the ground about this. I told them I would make it known, as twitter is so limited on what you can express.

I hope this helps them, and those who do not understand as you and many others do!

I express my thanks.

edit on 22914522285 by zysin5 because: spelling edit

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
CNN is interviewing a guy right now.
And just used the very word Agent provocateur!

Good to see that on MSM now.
They finally caught up with us.(Civil news, social news, twitter feeds ect.)
Took them 2 days. Better late than never.

They are aware.

edit on 22914112685 by zysin5 because: Final edit.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
CNN will be with Ron Johnson tomorrow night.. And here is what we will see.

We are going to see the cocktails being whipped at officers. When each night there have been NO on the ground reports of cocktails being used. No media has seen it either.
Watch it unfold tomorrow night, and you will see the topic of my thread unfold before your very eyes.

Ron speech tonight was moving I agree to that.. It was from the heart.
BUT. My point stands clear.
He said, the police and media have to "work" together.
The white cop behind Ron, was the one whispering into his ear the first night.
Reading the script.. Only when he put down the script is when he went from the heart.
Ron is being used as a puppet, by his overlords.

So we are going to get to see our little show of cocktails being thrown.

YES there was real chaos out there tonight, no doubt. But those of you who understand this, will see what I mean.
Those that "get it" will just nod. Yep.

Night ATS.
edit on 23014563585 by zysin5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join