It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson: The Other Side Of The Story.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Too funny, walks away from is own thread while all the facts arent all out, i applaud you good sir.

edit on 19-8-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikeultra
a reply to: Sremmos80
Was Mike Brown an aspiring gang member? A Bloods wanna-be? He's flashing gang signs. What's the gang situation in Ferguson? He was not a school boy... face it, he was a thug.

theconservativetreehouse.com...

Are you serious? Really? No offense, but you have really personified the ignorance Middle America wallows in regarding the real world and youth culture. You really need to get out of your little 'burb a bit more.

1. Black guys making hand gestures of any sort automatically means gangs, right? Because blacks don't use hand gestures for non-gang affiliated reasons. News flash: like every other group of teenagers, black kids have their own subcultures that do not involve being involved in a gang. While a number of these gestures might have had their roots in gang signs, a number have evolved into non-gang hand gestures. In fact, they are not really that different from white kids. Metalheads throw the horns up, hippies flip the peace sign.

2. If these kids were gang affiliated, they would already have some sort of record, even if only at school. But they do not. You do not get involved with a gang and NOT end up dirtied.

3. Rap culture is very popular amongst kids of all races. Just like heavy metal was the shock culture of choice when I was young. Young kids making signs like this is actually pretty common. Are they aspiring criminals or ganstas? No. Remember how idiots across America were dumb enough to believe that people who listen to heavy metal were devil worshiping violent psychos? We have the same thing here regarding Rap Culture, which fills the niche Heavy Metal and punk once did: shock, rebellion, and getting reactions.

The kids featured in these pictures look like half the teenagers I know and live near, doing the same crap they do. Half of them are white, too. And guess what. None of them are gang bangers. Hell, we don't even have gangs in my part town. Just a lot of little rapper wannabes. HUGE difference between the two.

If you want to see what a real gang banger looks like, visit Oakland. Or L.A. Or Stockton. Or Tuscon. Or the Bronx. They are nothing like these kids.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
By the way, for the culturally illiterate, here's a websites demonstrating and explaining various gestures and signs made by kids.

Link

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

yes but don't you see how hard it is to swallow for people who are racist and classist? I don't give a crap if he WAS in a gang. If he didn't do anything that warranted being shot, then so be it.

Now of course if all evidence comes out, a video, something that shows he charged the cop, tried to beat him up, shoot him, whatever...then yeah fair play to the officer. But you can see it clear as day all over the internet. Racism everywhere while we all try to pretend that 'white America' is somehow squeaky clean. Look all over posts, comments...

"these people are nothing but thugs"
"they all deserve to die"
"this wouldn't happen in a white neighborhood"

and then of course the more blatant stuff I won't repeat here for ToC reasons...

but it's there...and goddess help us all if we try and point it out

Yes...there are black people who are criminals. and white...asian...latino...European...Russian you name it

-shrugs- all part of the sickness

It's perfectly ok in this country to deem black men/woman to be bad even when not always justified...period
edit on 20-8-2014 by KyoZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: KyoZero
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

yes but don't you see how hard it is to swallow for people who are racist and classist? I don't give a crap if he WAS in a gang. If he didn't do anything that warranted being shot, then so be it.

Now of course if all evidence comes out, a video, something that shows he charged the cop, tried to beat him up, shoot him, whatever...then yeah fair play to the officer. But you can see it clear as day all over the internet. Racism everywhere while we all try to pretend that 'white America' is somehow squeaky clean. Look all over posts, comments...

"these people are nothing but thugs"
"they all deserve to die"
"this wouldn't happen in a white neighborhood"

and then of course the more blatant stuff I won't repeat here for ToC reasons...

but it's there...and goddess help us all if we try and point it out

Yes...there are black people who are criminals. and white...asian...latino...European...Russian you name it

-shrugs- all part of the sickness

It's perfectly ok in this country to deem black men/woman to be bad even when not always justified...period

Change all the races,thug comments you put in the last half of your argument to the word cops and its the same thing the other side is doing...

"It's perfectly ok in this country to deem (cops) to be bad even when not always justified...period"
edit on 20-8-2014 by Wiz4769 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Closed for review.

ATS does not allow spin-off threads.

THREAD CLOSED...
edit on Sat Aug 23 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join