It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't want to be here anymore - Rise Against

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Lyrics:
On pins and needles we are waiting for the fall
We count the days scratching lines on the wall
Wait in the wings at someone's back and call
No longer recognize the place that I call home
No longer recognize this face as my own
Somewhere this fate, I lost control

We backed down, we took no for answers far too long
We felt those walls close around

I don't want to be here anymore
I know there's nothing left worth staying for
Your paradise is something I've endured, whoa whoa
See I don't think I can fight this anymore
I'm listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn
And I don't want to be here anymore

On hand and foot we answered every single call
Weathered every day like passing storms
But when we break we will all be gone

Won't back down, won't take no for answers anymore
These walls close, we pace back and forth

See I don't think I can fight this anymore
But something has to die to be reborn

The point where we break is closer everyday
But where do we go? But where do we go?

See I don't think I can fight this anymore,
But something has to die to be reborn
And I don't want to be here anymore
Anymore

What the band says about the song on their website:

Our new video for the song, "I Don't Want To Be Here Anymore" encompasses the overwhelming noise of our world and the fatigue we all feel as its witness. This song is a starting point, not an ending point. It's about the wake-up calls in life that let us know something needs to change." - Rise Against

Also on their webpage, they have a page about Activism: Activism: Rise Against

I'm wondering how legit they are in regards to the "facts" in the music video. Do you think they are ignorant to some of the stuff we know about those events or do you think they are putting them in there to help spread lies?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
One of my favorite songs off their new album. Totally echoes how I feel.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It's a very powerful song and video. I think any conscientious, compassionate person has reflected on similar thoughts...but if conscientious and compassionate people give up - NOTHING CHANGES.
edit on 8/18/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
It's a very powerful song and video. I think any conscientious, compassionate person has reflected on similar thoughts...but if conscientious and compassionate people give up - NOTHING CHANGES.

So true.

In the end I guess it doesn't matter what they know and what they don't know, it's still bringing attention the stuff going on. Hopefully we can have a change for the better.

edit on 18-8-2014 by knoledgeispower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: knoledgeispower

First time heard the song,first time I heard about this band.What can I say? One of the best bands out there!

Peace!
edit on 19-8-2014 by PaulTheDuke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Depressing lyrics.

How are people going to rise against corruption if they feel like giving up?

When I write songs against the system and against corruption, I try to be positive about it and say that, yes, we can change everything if we give it a shot!

What are you waiting for?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoledgeispower

I'm wondering how legit they are in regards to the "facts" in the music video. Do you think they are ignorant to some of the stuff we know about those events or do you think they are putting them in there to help spread lies?

Well a lot of their music is pretty good, Prayer of the Refugee, Swing Life Away, Give it All.... I could go on, but they are also a great live band!

Give it all is one of my favorite songs.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: PaulTheDuke

Yes, Rise Against is a great band

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: KezigluBey

Their quality of music isn't what I'm wondering about, I know they are a great band.

After seeing the music video, I'm wondering if they are legit ignorant to some of the "facts" they shared in their video or if they are spreading the MSM lies in their music video?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: knoledgeispower

I think we were on two different pages, sorry. Possibly in recent years Production companies took away their vote on the direction of music video since this?

S+F for you sir!

edit on 19-8-2014 by KezigluBey because: Hit enter before last line was finished.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoledgeispower
a reply to: KezigluBey

Their quality of music isn't what I'm wondering about, I know they are a great band.

After seeing the music video, I'm wondering if they are legit ignorant to some of the "facts" they shared in their video or if they are spreading the MSM lies in their music video?

I take it you stopped at the gun stuff. Two things to keep in mind. They are a Canadian band. Secondly, the concept that I perceived in the video was that it was about the horror show that the world has become. The girls getting kidnapped, for instance, has zip to do with guns. What we have is basically a world where our most vulnerable--our children--are unprotected from the horrors of reality.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

I watched the whole video & no my problem has nothing to do with guns.

This has to do with the Nigerian girls being kidnapped because Africa has oil & we need to get U.S soldiers there to keep China from getting the oil. Boko Haram is another group like Al Qaeda & ISIS, they were put into power to have a group of terrorists so we can say "Look there are terrorists there, we need to help these guys"

The rumors of most of the school shootings to have an alternative reason for happening.

Of course chaos was going to erupt back in Iraq.

Yes there are some truths to the video but I also wonder about the others, if it's MSM lies to push an agenda or if it is ignorance.

Trying to use the defense that they are a Canadian band isn't valid because I'm a Canadian & I'm not ignorant. Some Canadians are, some aren't.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Give it all is a good song, It's probably the only song from this band I've heard and liked, out of the dozen or so I've heard. Also their songs at least the songs I've heard sound extremely similar to each other, but that's just my opinion. This particular song does nothing for me, the video a whole lot less. It's a poor attempt at shock value, using current events.

The MSM "buzz words" throughout the video is pitiful. Enough with the AR-15's already, A kitchen knife in the throat is just as fast and lethal. Also if this generation ever wants to crawl out of the hole this songs says they want to hide in (growing problem with this generation). Those AR-15's are gonna be extremely useful.., ironic. Also a few songs off RATM's first album would make a good rally-ing cry.

But I digress. I listened to the music about the doom and gloom going on in the world "F..T.W." was pretty much my mantra in high school. But take a random song from my teens, Holy Wars by Megadeth for instance. Both songs are about things that were (and still are) wrong with the world. But imo Holy Wars is a great song. As far as song structure, music and composition there's no comparison, again my opinion . This song, let's just say "I don't want to hear it anymore" :p

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
When we are just wee babes, we spend time contemplating our own belly buttons.
As we get older, we get to "see" more and know more and experience more. It is a sad day when we wake up one morning and contemplate how difficult life has become...how "alien" our neighborhood and country and world has become. It's a rude awakening to be sure. We try and go about our lives, our activities of daily living...it gets harder and harder to do. Every day we have to block out the noise of sirens and car horns and incessant news babble...some overly made up presstitude trying to tell us what to think while they later languish over a cocktail in fancy bar in their designer clothes.

Songs can often bring to the fore the problems and issues that need to be addressed. The world can be a harsh place. We need answers. We are all in this game called "life" together and most days we feel like the "game" is rigged. Sometimes, something that doesn't seem like much, in the scheme of things, like a song or video with words expressed that come from the heart and from the mind of folks with a conscience, folks with compassion, who "see" the human condition as it really is...sometimes it takes something like that or certain talented folks that have a knack for helping the rest of the world to "see" to wake us up. To bring about awareness and perhaps even change. We can be the change we have been searching for. Sometimes, one person or one song or one video or one sincere action can make a difference. At least, we have to keep striving and caring and trying...It is my hope that someday, "We make it so".

top topics

join