It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson protests send Taser stock soaring

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
This folks, is what it has always been about. Money

The department of defense spend buku bucks on weapons and gear and it flows into the local police forces.

Tasers on the other hand are purchased directly from manufactures by our local and state police forces, so its good for the economy to wage war on the people.

We are in trouble!

As the protests continue in Ferguson, Missouri over the police shooting of Michael Brown, shares of Taser International (TASR) have soared 25%.

The company is most well-known for its taser guns that shock people, but it also makes wearable video cameras used by law enforcement.

CNN

I have to guess shares of privately owned prisons are also getting a boost!
edit on 18-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The taser might have probably been more effective at killing that guy with his size than the gun was. Yeah, why didn't he use a taser, it would have saved money in the long run.

Just joking, but some Taser company will probably quote me in a sales pitch.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I smell endorsements coming!

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Whats the point of non lethal weapons if there not going to use them, the police are obviously being trained to use the gun first. Both people killed on St Louis streets could have been tasered, the guy in LA, the guy in New Orleans, if the gun wasn't the goto solution.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
That was the whole point they were made in the Incident I made a thread on last night.. I am not sure why they aren't using it..

It is surprising though that they will use this on a peaceful protest where nobody is doing anything...

I guess easier to shoot fish in a barrel eh?

top topics

join