It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AI robot that decides decision in court

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nox
Why not? I'm sure mitigating circumstances can be quantified.

I'm sure that a history of abuse can qualify as a mitigating circumstance, lowering a sentence.

you can include them, thats easy. you can quantify some, a robot cant. not anywhere close to us anyway.

if we can get a machine to pass the turing test, thats a different story. until then, and maybe after, well need human input to get it to work properly, and then we end up reverting back to a jury. as i already stated.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Ah, you poor innocent babes. Remember the first rule of computing:

10 Garbage in
20 Garbage out

You are assuming the 'evidence' fed the computer is legit. Front page news on Yahoo today:

Texas man executed on disproved forensics
Chicago Tribune via Yahoo! News - Dec 09 5:10 AM
Strapped to a gurney in Texas' death chamber earlier this year, just moments from his execution for setting a fire that killed his three daughters, Cameron Todd Willingham declared his innocence one last time.

Years ago, somewhere in Texas again, a man confessed to a string of murders he did not commit.

An AI judge would be an excellent choice for trial of those accused of committing crimes against the state. I am sure you could get judgements against rabble such as George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, et al.

Humans are bad enough. Look at Diebold's 'voting' machines. Those machines 'vote', alright!

Jesus was right on about a lot of things: judge not, my friend.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join