It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So now it's wrong to use term 'ninja"? This is getting ridiculous.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I call my dog 'ninja dog' all the time because she is black, stealthy, and quick. I thought ninja was a compliment. I thought being called a ninja at something meant you were a bad ass.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Sup my ninjas?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Dear kaylaluv,

Thank you for such a comforting post. I really appreciate it.

If we were to trade insult for insult, I could live with that quite nicely. The only areas I'm concerned with are "Hate crimes," firing people for off duty speech, and "Hate speech."

If you kick a person, it's an assault and is headed for the police or County Sheriff. If, while you're kicking him you say something insulting, it becomes a hate crime, and can go the feds for real felony time. It's easy to see the speech as a separate crime (even though, technically, it's not), and "Hate speech" laws have been implemented or are being discussed in several countries, as well as the United Nations.

Of course, firing people can be done at any time for any reason, but if a stoner gets fired for talking about his drug use, it seems the whole world comes out to support him and get his job back. But if a top executive is found to have contributed $1000 to a cause that even Obama was supporting at the time (traditional marriage) his career is ended.

I hope the country says, as you suggest, "Trade an insult for an insult, then that's the end of it."

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I'm not "cool" enough to be hip to the current lingo, so I didn't know ninja was a word used to replace "ni**a". To me, it's more about intent, then the word itself. So I guess if you use the word as it was originally intended (Japanese assassin), then no problem, but if you are using it specifically to get away with saying "ni**a", then that is what is upsetting these people? The reason I don't really agree with those people is because Timberlake was addressing it to a white woman whom he greatly admires, so it wasn't meant as an insult or a derogatory term at all.

If, however, Timberlake used it towards a black guy, and the obvious intent was to insult them by using ninja as a code word for ni**a, then maybe I could see someone being upset by it.

Maybe it's kinda like the word trash. When that word is used for actual garbage that goes to the dump, no problem. But when you use the word to describe certain kinds of people, it can be used as an insult to someone. Words with innocent original meanings that have been hijacked to mean something else entirely.

^^This^^

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Well of course, it would depend if you are referring to the "Koga" Ninja...the bad guys in black.

Or the "Iga" Ninjas...the good guys in the white.

Considering we only had black and white TV in the 1960s, everyone was black or white...and grey.

Luckily, Shintaro knew how to deal with the ninjas!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fovdrVWrmc

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcx0aGyImS4

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Ninja is someone who steals your loot in world of warcraft!!! lol

Sorry I have to have a light heart tonight, this is what came to my mind when I saw this thread.
We better ask a ninja what he thinks.

edit on 22914561385 by zysin5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

which is viewed by many a still-troublesome substitute for the word "n****" "

I see it now . in the future white people will only be able to use ninga instead of ninja.

Seriouly, I would laugh if this wasn't so pathetic to believe. Its just to ridiculous.

edit on 28831America/ChicagoMon, 18 Aug 2014 22:28:57 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The correct term is "Assassin-American"...

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Our company has a very large project in the works and yep it's called "Ninja" I sent a note to one of the programmers and the response was " Where the hell did you come with that??" and he's black

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
strictly for my ninjas.

For those who don't understand when he lapses into Yiddish, this is the point he's trying to make:

"I was just trying to make a point, and that is that it's the SUPPRESSION of the word that gives it the power, and the violence and the viciousness..." -- Dustin Hoffman 'Lenny'. (although the video posted is of the actual Lenny bruce routine. but the movie Lenny with Dustin Hoffman is really good and the quote I posted from it makes the same point)

By suppressing it we give it the power to cause little kids to run home from school crying, and every other terrible thing that has happened because of this word. Is that what you want? You want pain to be caused? Keep making it a "special" word then. A word that can be used as a weapon at any time by anyone because of the power we give it.

edit on 8/19/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/19/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Yes we live in a world where everyone must be on edge of offending everyone else, all the time. Joy...

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Right on!
I for one think a whole section of Western society has taken a flying leap off of a logical cliff. The source of this nonsense is the real kicker here (oh christ I said "kicker" that could be dog whistle term for a Ninja!). The fact that a public sing along suggested that whites use the term 'Ninja" to replace "Nigga" (Yeah I typed it out because I refuse to allow the word to have power) should be all the evidence you need. What is more hypocritical and promoting of segregation than to demand that members of a crowd use different words to feel the elation of a concert. A black person in the crowd is supposed to feel happy singing along until they get to the word and even though they say it, they are expected to be enraged If they see a white person singing along??? A white person is supposed to feel happy until they get to the word then they are supposed to feel so guilty that they self-censor and replace the word with a nonrelated word!
How divisive and insulting is that! How much more segregation can you have than to demand that a shared experience not be shared because of an artificial language construct!
There is no word that can insult you unless you let it!

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I thought that was complimentary

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join