It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT-United Nations secretary-general issues statement on Ferguson

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

You've heard of double-standards, duplicity, being two-faced, cognitive dissonance, etc.?

BEHOLD! *points to all the apologists for the jackbooted thugs, er, Ferguson police.*

I'm really looking forward to being able to quote certain members from these threads whenever the issue of "government overreach and tyranny" comes up again.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

edit on 033131p://bMonday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: irgust
a reply to: LDragonFire
The UN wants the US to handle the protesters like Russia and China does, does that mean they want the National Guard to use live rounds instead of rubber bullets and bean bags?

Well...maybe then all those whining 'police brutality, etc.' might understand what the true definition is.

Just sayin'

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: minusinfinity

Send in the troops / take control / then discuss the problem.

Maybe because he lives in New York and all the news stories in the US are about the unrest in Missouri? Honestly, i'm sure what's going in Missouri is all over the news in every country that has news channels. The UN doesn't have troops. They pull troops from the countries that will give them troops. Usually poor ones. I'm sure Putin would send some troops over to help Ferguson PD.

V

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Obviously no, I believe that the call to "caution" is in view of the sate governor call to the national guard to deal with the "insurrection" I mean the "protestors", perhaps the news that is been too much "force" use when is not needed is prompting a response and we most remember that we are humans and as humans from the animal kingdom when an animal feels corralled they will strike, in this case more protest could arise across the nation, when people all over the US is already feeling corralled with the state of the nations political and social issues.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Because of Veto Power. Remove Veto power, and watch the United Nations fly as it was designed. Equal Protection among the nations. We can't have that though, right?

Why is the UN unable to take care of Israel? What does this link tell you?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: minusinfinity

No, the problem is the Government Militarizing the law enforcement.

Not only should the governor resign, he should be ARRESTED for breach of peace and high treason. I have a right to Domestic Tranquility in the US Constitution Preamble.

Tanks on the streets is domestic tranquility? That smells like a violation of Oath.

Every, single, person, whose signature is on the paperwork for this militarization nonsense is a traitor to the principals of the United States. And those that did not speak up? They are accessories after the fact.

YOU sir are in the wrong.

As for the UN making statements, perhaps it's to get you to PAY ATTENTION.
edit on 18-8-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Ban Ki-moon called on authorities to ensure that people are able to assemble peacefully and urged law enforcement to abide by U.S. and “international standards in dealing with demonstrations.”

Great !!

Progressive U.N. "asking" Progressive U.S. to "ensure" rights.

Seriously.

Can somebody show me where the U.S. is under any "international standards in dealing with demonstrations" ????

It must be in writing somewhere right?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

Would you like to talk about Gitmo? Or, better yet, violations you may have participated with in this treaty? How do drone kills not violate this Charter, or due process and legal rights as laid out in this treaty? Tell us, oh wise person, where does Title 10, Chapter 47 Apply? I'm all for Court Marshal's too. You do understand wars of aggression, also known as wars of conquest, are the worst of international crimes, right? That whole war on terror thing sounds just like declaring no quarter too.

What is Lawlessness again? Do you know the law? How can you be following it, when you clearly are clueless what you are supposed to be defending? Better double check Title 10. You swore an oath to me son. Who do you think We the People are? Anything less, is treasonous.

I have hundreds of links. My "hippie" Mind Palace, is far superior than yours. Perhaps instead of hating intelligence, you should try thinking sometime.

Would you like me to inform everyone the legal definition of treason, and high treason in this thread, using exiting case law?

CALIFORNIA CONSTITUTION
ARTICLE 1 DECLARATION OF RIGHTS
SEC. 5. The military is subordinate to civil power. A standing army may not be maintained in peacetime. Soldiers may not be quartered in any house in wartime except as prescribed by law, or in peacetime without the owner's consent.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

(CNN) — The United Nations secretary-general issued a statement about the events in Ferguson, Missouri, on Monday, saying that he “hopes local and federal investigations will shed full light on the killing” of teenager Michael Brown.

Ban Ki-moon called on authorities to ensure that people are able to assemble peacefully and urged law enforcement to abide by U.S. and “international standards in dealing with demonstrations.”

Fox2

The entire world watches how the authorities handle this situation in Ferguson MO.

Hopefully order will return once the militant police are replace with actual soldiers...hmm that's a interesting concept.

I still call for the Gov Nixon and the police chiefs of both Ferguson and St Louis County to resign for failure of leadership and incompetence, and I call for criminal investigations of all 3.

First let me ask this, since when the hell does the UN have the right or ever make a comment about one incident in a country involving one kid???? Why not all the other thousands of white and black kids that get killed every year for no reason? The UN is the worst excuse for an organization as they come. They will do anything to stick their noses into the business of the United States.

I personally think its ridiculous that Obama and Holder once again jump right in to this STATE matter, take time out of their vacations to deal with this one matter when wars or nothing else could have got him back to D.C. in the past.

I think this will be the straw that breaks Obamas back. He is just making it so obvious that he is only doing this, to try and save the black vote for the Dems.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I think the UN have got bigger fish to fry than the events taking place in America.. Maybe they should end a war or two before the start worrying about domestic hiccups.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

The UN and Ban ki should keep thwir focus on world matters. Like sorting out Israel's war crimes (the newest round).

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
Great UN is involved. What's next UN peacekeepers in America? Cause that wouldn't be pretty.

Have you ever seen UN peace keepers...lol

I took a bunch to a region and they didn't know how to use our airplane toilets and so sh#t on the floor of the aircraft...So I think my image of peacekeepers is much different than yours...hehe

edit on 19-8-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

I wish they could. Too bad Western Pressure, specifically from the United States, is preventing trials to move forward.

edit on 19-8-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

What does any of what you stated have to do with the UN sticking their nose where it doesn't belong?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Get the US out of the UN and the UN out of the US!
edit on 21-8-2014 by buddah6 because: lobotomized through superior pain meds.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

I agree.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Because that is its job, per treaty?

Shocking, yeah? Better double check who is responsible for the United Nations plan in that charter. What does Article 6 say about treaties?

Refresh your memory what reading comprehension means.

Want to talk about wars of aggression next? Title 18 USC 2441 as well?
edit on 21-8-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

And I ask again. What does that have to do with the UN sticking it's nose where it doesn't belong?

The UN has no business in telling the US how to act within the US.

The UN is the biggest collection of morons, all backed by Govts that have their own agenda.

No thanks.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

After i was just told yesterday, that the 4th amendment only applies to government, not the individual yesterday? Bahaha.

Nope. The UN stays. They should inquire about gitmo too.

You obey me son. Military submits to civil power in my state. You cannot make any law abridging contacts. Guess what treaties are?

The UN is the civilized way to respond to differences. Yours is barbaric. It was formed to stop the death and war your mentality brings to the world.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join