It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do thugs always play `the innocent victim ` card`

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: dinogirl

Clarify for me what you mean by "these people".

I also know that the term "thug" is new "N" for the right.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Same happend in the UK in 2011, this is why i just do not in the slightest feel sorry for gangs/ ghetto people etc, whenever i hear about one of them being killed by police, i couldnt give a damn how or why, i just think` great one less gangster on the street`.

Dehumanisation - The same trick the Nazis used to turn their citizens against ethnic minorities. Whether labelling "these people" as gangsters or undermenschen, it has the same purpose: to take away the humanness of a person to create the perception that violent action against or withdrawal of rights from them is more justified.

The police also play the victim card whenever they get a chance too, you could argue it is human nature to defend people you have lived or worked with. It should not be used as an excuse to criticise or generalise people.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I agree with you 100%. A thug is a thug, whether they are white, brown, black, blue, green, purple, what ever. They terrorize neighborhoods and communities. I have seen it too many times, parents cry "oh no not my kid", all the while not knowing one darn thing their kid is doing or who they are hanging around with. This starts at home, and shame on the parents who try to lay blame on anyone but themselves.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

So you fight ignorant prejudice with more ignorant prejudice? Nice.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I haven't read all the posts yet, but I have to say, if you are from the UK, then by your OP, you have a better handle on life in the ghetto/hood in the U.S., than most of my middle class friends.

Star and Flag!

Why do they play the victim card??/.... Because they CAN and its acceptable. Just like what works in the hood would NOT in main stream America. A checks and balance between the cops, residents and thugs/gangs. Nobody calls in a robbery as a business owner. Snitches means stiches is a very real way of life in the hood and everyone knows it that lives in one. Take down one and ten replace them and you WILL die if you snitch [that or you will get robbed, mugged, raped, beat up repeatedly until you get the hint and MOVE 'cause no one wants you there 'cause you're a snitch]. Thats the way it works. Cops know it too so they pick their battles and its all a balance till something tips it. As we see in Fergeson now.

Its a dangerous game being played out down there right now.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

You obviously don't live in the US. Yes, the police do open fire on innocent people here.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: cloudsstar
If the average person steals from a store it's shoplifting why is it robbery for a pack of swisher sweets what like 5 bucks a pack. Lol a 5 dollar robbery with no weapons used

Go steal something for five bucks and beat up the store clerk on camera. You can amaze the judge with your ignorance when the prosecution slaps you with felonious assault while committing a crime and you get placed in the violent offender cells.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Thug has been used since the 17th century. You will not take that word and make it what you wish. I won't allow it. Real thugs from days gone by would make these modern day gang-bangers look like little girls.

thug (plural thugs)

A criminal with an intimidating and unseemly appearance and mannerisms, who treats others violently and roughly, especially for hire

(dated) One of a band of assassins formerly active in northern India who worshiped Kali and offered their victims to her.

Thug thug thug thug......

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
yup thugs

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

No it's not. The word 'thug' has been used forever to describe a person that pushes his weight around, takes what he wants and dares you to do something about it. A thug walks in the middle of the street holding up traffic and gives you the bird if you don't like it. A thug slaps around someone half his size and saunters out the door looking for yet another victim to push around. A thug can be any color, and I have seen plenty of white thugs.

And as far as "these people"???....Some people are afraid to call something for what it IS. The great experiment has failed. It's been more than half a century since Johnson gave his Great Society speech. Decent law-abiding working people (of ALL colors) are sick and tired of having to deal with the pathetic segment of society that simply wants to blame blame blame and take take take. If you have ever been robbed by one of these low-lifes/thugs, you know what I'm talking about.

I don't care if you're white, black, brown, yellow, red, or purple. I'm through pussyfooting around with a bunch of irresponsible---poor poor pitiful me----whine about it some more while I wear my pants below my crack---drop out of high school---live with my poor grandma while I wear $200 shoes---impregnate another welfare junkie---then complain and raise hell because I can't find a job that pays more than minimum wage. Those people.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

Taking into consideration that the Police officer had no knowledge of the robbery which took place prior to the shooting, I would have to say the Police officer is in the wrong. He had no justified reason to pump 10 bullets into that kid unless we are not being told the truth...

The robbery thing is irrelevant regardless of what or who this kid knocked around with. The Officer's reason wasn't because of the robbery.

It DOESN'T matter if the cop knew anything about Brown or not. Brown was walking down the middle of the street, after commiting a robbery, and acted accordingly as criminals are known to act when confronted by the police right after their crime.

Whether he was approached by the police for walking down the middle of the street like a complete troublemaking fool, or stealing a box of cheap cigars and roughing up a clerk to do it, Brown knew he took the smokes and roughed up the old man, and acted "accordingly" when approached by the police.

The police not knowing him from Adam has zero to do with anything, in this case. I'm positive the police aren't going to try to make the case that "we shot him because he stole a box of cigars..."

They shot him because when he was approached by police, he likely acted like an out of control idiot, as he did in the convenience store just a few minutes earlier when also confronted by someone who wanted him to not steal his property.

Whether the police knew who he was or what he just did is irrelevant. He knew what he did, and acted according to his own will, as he did in the store.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
To the question in the title. Why do thugs play the innocent victim card.

Because it hurts their narrative of being oppressed by "the man"

it destroys their self delusion

of not having to be accountable for their actions

because their poverty, their poor education, their (name the victimhood) made them do it

So in their minds it is the fault of whomever they feel victimized by

they have never been taught to take personal responsibility by their parents or their government

AND their "leaders" and the current PC climate encourage them to forsake personal responsibility for victimhood.

Very, very well said.

The "oppressed" people of the ghettos - with their free apartments, their free food, their choice of a free education at any school of their choice as well as their affirmative action, can't ever seem to get their lives straight. What's the excuse? This sort of news doesn't come from other neighborhoods - white, asian, latino, etc.

The moment one of these "victims" is put down, we all seem to forget and immediately make them out to be saints.

Last week a pregnant woman (6 months) came across one of these "oppressed victims" and became familiar with their knockout game here in NYC - who do you suppose her attacker was? Why are their leaders only around when one of these animals are euthanized and not beforehand to prevent a wasted life?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Was this guy behaving like a "thug" and if so, why wasn't he shot by police after assaulting an officer?

www.kmov.com...

"Officers went down the cellar steps of Freed’s home and tried to open the basement door, but Miner allegedly slammed it back shut, breaking an officer’s hand in the process.

Officers said they forced the door open, causing Miner to fight back. Miner then allegedly kicked an officer.

Miner was arrested and is facing charges of felony assault and trespassing.
"
edit on 18-8-2014 by priceless34 because: spelling error

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Wow! A lot of racism and discrimination going on in this thread. "Thugs" are found in all walks of life, at the top level of banking and management as well as on the streets, and in every ethnicity. The idea that someone attacking a pregnant lady has got to be a black working class individual is reprehensible. People deriding others for having poor education clearly aren't aware of their own hypocrisy, as having a bit more education on the history that surrounds all this might lead to a bit more empathy. God knows empathy is desperately needed.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: twfau
Wow! A lot of racism and discrimination going on in this thread. "Thugs" are found in all walks of life, at the top level of banking and management as well as on the streets, and in every ethnicity. The idea that someone attacking a pregnant lady has got to be a black working class individual is reprehensible. People deriding others for having poor education clearly aren't aware of their own hypocrisy, as having a bit more education on the history that surrounds all this might lead to a bit more empathy. God knows empathy is desperately needed.

...Said as if nobody else has taken time to research The History Of All This.

Just because certain conclusions have been reached that may not agree with what you and others would like to hear or believe, does NOT mean that the research has not been done on the social, cultural, educational, physical, and other aspects of this blight on humanity. Should we give up on this segment of society? No. But, the current approaches have failed. Time to look at other ways to deal with "these people".

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
To which thugs do you refer? The cops or the people of color who you seem to think are all "thugs?"

I can say from experience that some cops are simply bullies and they are equal opportunity oppressors... if they think you are too poor to afford a lawyer, that is.

I imagine having darker skin makes it so much worse.

Not to say all cops... but I would say it's more than a slight majority... depending on the region, too, in that some regions have far more unfit officers.

The militarization of the police force is NOT due to more folks being outlaws... it's due to more playthings from the war surplus and the eroding of citizen's rights, coupled directly with the insane drug war.

We are going in the wrong direction for law enforcement in the States. The old 'Officer Friendly' is (mostly) no more, and we now have jack booted thugs too dumb and mean to make it in the armed forces... and that's rather scary to those of us not cloistered in upper middle class suburban splendor.
edit on 8/18/2014 by Baddogma because: fix goof

edit on 8/18/2014 by Baddogma because: add o

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Would Jesus be lumped in on this? Wasn't the Jews stereotyped in Germany by the government? Wasn't Jews and immigrants the cause of all the social ills of the country, and aren't the blacks and illegals the blame for all the ills of America?

Do tell whats the difference?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Who here singled out blacks and illegals, except for you. This has nothing to do with race, a thug is someone who terrorizes their community and neighborhood, rich or poor, educated or uneducated and any color of the rainbow. People need to take back their communities and stop pointing fingers.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: buster2010

So, because we really don't know the truth, about what happened when the officer approached him, he's automatically a pig?

He may not have known about the robbery, but the kid that actually did it did. So who's to say he didn't freak out when the officer approached him, thinking he was busted?

I think just the facts that do keep rolling out, prove we don't know jack about what really happened.

As many times this moron shot that kid clearly shows he was out of control.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Amen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join