It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

real or not real

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

I didn't exactly take it that way. Just putting it out there. No worries!

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
no ;/
not coincident

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

What do YOU think?

or is google down?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: warren408
And this is just coming out now?? I never heard of this before, even back in 1977. Me thinks somebody is looking for their 15 minutes of fame or something. Now lets say if something similiar like this happened someday on earth and every channel in every country around the world received a transmission from an unidentified source from space, THEN I would really stand up and pay attention.....

edit on 18am31am5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
'REALLY' OP ? Nothing at all written apart from a link. Not even returned to the thread despite being asked for some input. Please shake your head for me and let me know if it rattles.
I have good reason to believe that entities do exist beyond our frequency range. For this reason i feel that the transmission could very well be genuine. If i remember correctly, was it 'vrillon' ? said that there would be those who would try to deceive us and do not want their presence here on earth. Well, we are being deceived on a daily basis by those in power regarding most things. Those in power are also denying they have knowledge of these beings to this day.
I feel that if they believed it important enough to contact us regarding humanities future then they will still be watching

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Okay - debate over rehashed story or not, newbie/archive thread protocols and such are perhaps worthy of discussion, but I chose to revisit; clicked the link and listened to the broadcast. IMHO:

The broadcast and transcript sound to me to be in an English language syntax and cadence I would NOT expect from a benevolent alien messenger. Perhaps just an instinctive reaction, admittedly, I nevertheless remained unconvinced throughout the broadcast that this transmission was a "Message from As(h)tar" or any other Cosmic Entity. I don't know about you all, but my B$ meter was going haywire every time the 'messenger Gramah' used a phrase such as "New Age of Aquarius", "We of the Asta Galactic Command", "...blessed by the supreme love and truth of the Cosmos", yadda, yadda ....

And doesn't the guy's name, "Gramah", sound a little too much like "GrandMa"? I know, it's likely a simple bias on my part, but I felt a little chuckle welling up in my gut whenever "Gramma" spoke his (it's) name. I don't think that was the intended reaction.

One final observation. The B$ meter again went off-scale when you get to the bottom of the paranormics page we are directed to, and what do we find? Lots of stuff FOR $ALE!! Books! Buy our books! Learn more about "Ashtar" and his secrets! Cosmic Telepathy! New World Prophesies! Hey - wait a minute: didn't Granny warn us to AVOID false prophets? So we have to buy a book about New Age Prohesies to avoid them?? Huh?

Anyway - like the Cosmic/New Age Kumbaya sessions (at $1,200 a pop), the Stevie Greer love-ins (at a minimum $800/day), or the myriad UFO/Alien/ET seers out there selling their version of Ancient Aliens, etc. (with the requisite books, DVDs, and hand-holding 'opportunities)' - this site/video/broadcast just does not seem to pass the "smell test".

Slightly entertaining, marginally and momentarily intriguing perhaps - but something's fishy. I, for one, don't buy it.

My verdict/assessment (until some better evidence comes along):

An individual or group with some radio smarts/access gained control or hijacked a broadcast to push an agenda of their own. Maybe an inside job (folks that already worked at the station). The warm and fuzzy /with warnings message delivered on a 'global media' channel, under 'mysterious' circumstances, is merely meant to play on the altruistic, but nevertheless gullible frailties of the human mind and psyche -to what end? Warn us about atom bombs? Make us think about our destiny? or to Sell books?

Funny how Granny never quite gets around to telling us what THEIR motive is? (other than to "help" us). So watch and listen, then perform your own 'sniff test'. Does it pass?

*sigh* ...it's all kind of embarrassing, don't you think? Is this the best we can come up with?

...NEXT!
edit on 8/19/2014 by Outrageo because:

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join