It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Refugees Hit by Rockets, Ukraine Blames Rebels

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Reuters got it best:

Rocket fire hit a convoy of buses carrying refugees from the east Ukrainian city of Luhansk on Monday killing an unknown number of people, Ukraine's military and rebels said, blaming each other for the strike.

Refugees convoy has been attacked by rockets and mortars, Ukraine blames rebels; rebels denies their involvement...

Ukrainian forces have moved into the outskirts of rebel-held Luhansk where basic supplies are running out.

I don't see any reason why would rebels target refugees that are moving away, escaping Ukraine military.

It could be unintentionally as they were exchanging fire with Ukraine forces in the area.

Ukraine has blamed pro-Russian rebels but they have denied carrying out the attack, near the village of Novosvitlivka.

Ukraine refugee convoy hit by rockets, says military

Rocket fire hits refugee convoy in Ukraine's east - rebels, army

edit on 18America/Chicago0800000009 by demus because: (no reason given)

edit on 18America/Chicago08u14 by demus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
You really need a low IQ to take in the propaganda put out by the western media.

its the rebels that themselves are starving to death that might mine the roads to blow up the aid convoy and you can destroy dozens of personal vehciles and they just vanish in to thin air and then Alice said to the rabbit....................

High time Russia went in and hung the western backed puppets in Kiev as a warning to other wanabe bribe takers that they can and will be held to account when they mess with Russia.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: demus

No-one's ever to blame. TBH I'm sick of hearing about it.
Both are as bad as one another.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I don't see any reason why would rebels target refugees that are moving away, escaping Ukraine military.

They may be punishing "deserters," sending a message to those remaining who might wish to flee.

It could be unintentionally as they were exchanging fire with Ukraine forces in the area.

The separatists have notoriously poor aim when it comes to missiles.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

They may be punishing "deserters," sending a message to those remaining who might wish to flee.

The separatists have notoriously poor aim when it comes to missiles.

civilians moving from occupied city are not and are surely not considered by anyone as deserters, you're out of your mind to claim something like that but I guess it fits into agenda of painting separatists as cruel animals.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

civilians moving from occupied city are not and are surely not considered by anyone as deserters, you're out of your mind to claim something like that but I guess it fits into agenda of painting separatists as cruel animals.

In partisan warfare, there are no civilians. If you do not stand with your comrades and fight off the evil Loyalists, you are a traitor.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
It's about time that this conflict was labelled a Civil War instead of what's being portrayed!!!

It was ok for America in the 1700s...
& many others throughout the centuries, that was in no way an implication of America being to blame...
Sometimes people get fed up of their "leading representatives"!!!
So why not Ukrainians in this day and age!!!
We all call for revolution in our respective countries everyday, Ukraine have put their best foot forward I say!!!
Ukrainian soldiers aren't laying down arms and entering Russia for asylum for no reason are they???

As for the refugees...
It's tragic... & whoever is responsible is scum, rebel or armed force alike!!!
We should reserve any bias until it's proven...
We went through this mess with MH17 and there is still no decisive answer!!!

Peace everybody!!!
edit on 18-8-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

A civil war requires military engagement by peoples of the same nationality.

In this case the rebels are Russian, as has been claimed since the beginning of this mess by Russia, as well as the rebels themselves.

This is not a civil war. Its Russia invading Ukraine.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   

This reminds me of something.. oh wait

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

You really are clutching at straws pushing this Russian invasion story! Some people just don't know when to quit.

No matter how many times you repeat it, a lie is still a lie, but if it makes you happy!

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Yeah right...if Russia wanted to invade Ukraine then they would have done so. Who is going to stop them? The snake in the grass that is the USA...somehow I doubt it.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

Yeah right...if Russia wanted to invade Ukraine then they would have done so. Who is going to stop them? The snake in the grass that is the USA...somehow I doubt it.

That's right! There's not a single Russian soldier in Crimea. Ukraine will soon be able to exploit the natural gas there and take its place as a regional power.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

No matter how many times you repeat it, a lie is still a lie, but if it makes you happy!

Serious question: what do you believe is going on? Could you explain why sending Russian troops into the streets in Crimea is not an invasion?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

That's right! There's not a single Russian soldier in Crimea. Ukraine will soon be able to exploit the natural gas there and take its place as a regional power.

Has no one told you Crimea is no longer part of Ukraine? They had a referendum...maybe you missed it. Or perhaps you don't recognise it.

How dare the those pesky Russians scupper the plans of an expansionist EU and USA. I tell you, that Putin is the very devil.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Has no one told you Crimea is no longer part of Ukraine? They had a referendum...maybe you missed it. Or perhaps you don't recognise it.

Since you seem not to remember, allow me to refresh your memory of the sequence of events:

1. Khrushchev gives Crimea to Ukraine SSR.
2.USSR dissolved, Ukraine becomes independent.
3. Russian soldiers seize Crimean government buildings, etc.
4. Putin claims they are not Russian soldiers.
5. Putin admits they are Russian soldiers.
6. A referendum is hastily held. It does not include "independence" as an option, depriving Ukrainian citizens who wish for an independent Crimean Republic of their rights.
7. The vote count totals to over 100%, indicating fraud.
8. Putin orders the Duma to accept Crimea into the Russian Federation.
9. Sanctions placed on Russia.

Are you beginning to get it now?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
We know the rebels are a druken, thieving. and undiciplined mess so this would not be suprising. The relashionship between the rebels and the people they suppose to be liberating has never been good and is now terrible. Druken car accients, shootings and stealing are pretty much all the rebels are known for by the locals. Even thier leadership is well aware.
LINK

In an interview, a deputy minister of defence of the self-declared Donetsk People’s Republic, Fyodor Berezin, conceded that problems were emerging but insisted that the force could still defend the city.

“You understand, hundreds of people got weapons and felt power, and didn’t understand it was for a purpose,” he said of the erratic shooting that has now become general. “They thought, ‘Now I have a machine gun, I have power,’ and they didn’t understand they had a function: to fight the enemy, and not terrorize the population or rob people.”

And people wonder why the rebels have been so quickly defeated and have never had any local support in the area. It is a good thing for Russia they occupied Crimea and did not leave up to the people that live there to leave there and join Russia because clearly the idea is not very popular.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Not quite.

The council in Crimea did not recognise the coup that ousted Yanukovych and the referendum was a direct result of that.

Can you blame them?

You know the geo-politics of the area and why Russia is involved. You also know why the USA is involved...enough said.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

It's a pity all those non existent Russian soldiers are not around to train them. What do you expect in such a situation...highly trained troops. The rebels are not soldiers just people with weapons...he is saying they are not used to them. But you knew that anyway.

I think they are popular...and they do have local support...they are the local people. It is just easier for people like you to create the idea of division by suggesting otherwise.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join