It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has Google spyware scripts all over it

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I'm more curious why the login system has not been secured as of yet...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
ATS has sold us out!
why dont they do more to protect us?
they just wont the money.
you would think ats would be on are side?
they are on the NSA's side...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

ATS hasn't sold you out.

Monitoring is done at the ISP level, as has already been pointed out, so don't worry about it

Wouldn't you try to monetize a website like ATS?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

I think its all you. Here its fast to load, no or very little pop-ups and nothing turns up in Maleware, Virus scans. No firewall issues either.

Before you blame this perfectly on-average good working (fast etc) site...look to yourself first. Some of us...a lot in fact...dont need to do anything to view the site.

Never did. And never any issues.

Good luck

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

If you really beleive that...then drop out. There will a few thousand newbies looking to join. Maybe you could go over to the "other" place we no longer speak of? You know the one.

Unless of course you were just being sarcastic n all. I mean youve made 3,000 or some odd posts so...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Disconnect from everything like facebook, emails etc.
Manually accept or block all your cookies and you'll already be ''safer''.

Everything we see and do on the internet can be sold to the highest bidder.
NSA probably doesn't even have to bid, they just steal the information on the guise of ''federal protection'' or some other sht.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

You missed the point of the OP.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Charismagic

right on. ! tracking data is a big money maker.
although I am on facebook, I hardly ever go there.
went there the other week and it was sooooo obvious I am tracked it was ridiculous.
pretty much everything I had googled in the recent weeks had a mysterious advertisement show up.
at least on ats the ads seem generic although persistent. We can't expect to be a member of a conspiracy forum site and not be tracked, after all. IMO.
there is no such thing as anonymity in this technical age.
They know who you are.
They know where you live.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I never had any problem over the years across many states, many computers and different networks.

What I have noticed lately, using my phone for browsing, is that a certification issue pops up randomly and requests me to either continue, cancel or something else. I don't know what preempts this but it happens often enough. But I have nothing to hide, if the government wants to start looking at me in this fashion they are a bunch of idiots. . . Oh %@#$, I forgot they are a bunch of idiots! Well it's not like I'm leaking top secret information here at ATS talking about the Ferguson police department. And if they start rounding people up, I'd probably find out about it here first anyway!

Plus anyone that needs to hide, knows how to hide and never uses the internet for anything but offensive attacks. Old tricks are the best tricks. . .

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

Beware rouge certificates on untrusted networks....

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Actually my biggest pet peeve are apps that you pay not to have ads only to still have to delete your cache.

I also much prefer to see ads for teaforté on every single site than some of the dumb ish my kids get put on my phone.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Firefox+ghostery add on will stop most of the common trackers.
NSA won't be stopped unless you have some serious computer skills

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jungian
Tin Foil hat mode on.

Of course we are being spied on!

You must be aware that NHS and Homeland Security do not take sites like ATS lightly.

If you are on ATS you MUST expect to be spied on.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: grumpy64
Not sure about these things of which you speak my friend but it does not sound good. Are we being spied on? Strange things happen to my computer sometimes when I try to log off or send replies from this site so who knows.

really?...are we being spied on?....of course we are. I'm always fascinated by people that come on this site and put in writing what they could get in trouble for, because they believe they have free speech. ok, you do...but, it could, somewhere down the road, come back to haunt you. I've often thought this site is used to study human behavior, and cultural proclivities by certain groups, just by the way OP's are written and the subject matter involved. sort of a "1A" class in human behavior. too many threads that start out asking questions, where the answers are easily found in other parts of the online world.....case in point, there was a notable dropoff in quite candid talk, about taking back this country through veiled references of force, soon after the Clive Bundy ranch standoff with LEO's
and let's not forget our overseas members, some who have a passion for trying to pit American against American. it's worked in other countries, so they keep trying to make it happen here. anger, paranoia, and distrust of all institutions, is part of the playbook. destruction from within has worked numerous times in human history.

I try to be a bit careful what I say online as I do not want to be identified. I think some people should be a bit more cautious as they make it too easy to be identified and located I believe. I don't recommend people using their real names for example. Maybe that's just me being paranoid.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: sixswornsermon

I asked that question a while back. Here was SO's response.

ATS Secure Logon

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: grumpy64
If you wanna be paranoid, think of this.

When you connect to your internet service provider, your IP address and timestamp is recorded. when you visit any site
the same info is recorded in the logs of the site.

So, with no spyware involved at all, you can be identified as being at the site.

Even if you use public wireless, if it is important enough to find you, someone will have seen you there.

The tor network obfiscates your ip address through a p2p network, yet the FBI was still able to locate and prosecute the head of Silk Road. I would just assume that privacy does not exist and do what you can.

The internet as well as tor were developed by Darpa. All they have to do is to route packets to intended locations and to a data collection site, so that all traffic can be monitored, regardless of what sites are visited.

here is a wired article. NSA Prefers hacking Routers

Additionally, if you feel that https is safe, the data can be recorded and decrypyted in the future when hardware may be able to crack the encryption.

If you do not know what you are doing, it is best to assume that anything you post to the internet can be traced back to you, regardless of using a handle/username.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I'm not getting any of this on my iPad.
It used to be bad when I used a computer to visit ats. In fact I think it damaged it. It eventually broke right down. I got a new one and I don't use it anymore because it's so darn slow compared to my current way of using the Internet. I'm not ever buying another computer. A lot cheaper to buy an iPad or tablet. So much faster. I don't get any of the things people complain about. I used to complain as well. Not saying it's anymore secure spying-wise" probably worse in fact.
It's just hassle free.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I use Adblock Plus now and even still with external cookie blockers I ALWAYS hang up on the ajax.googleapis.com part just like the OP is claiming. Tin Foil or not, if you simply open up Element Mode (or Dev Mode) on your browser and search for "google" you will get hit with

ajax.googleapis.com... is being assigned a //# sourceMappingURL, but already has one

Now what does that mean? Well,

jQuery is free, open source software, licensed under the MIT License. jQuery's syntax is designed to make it easier to navigate a document, select DOM elements, create animations, handle events, and develop Ajax applications

Source is Wikipedia

Basically, even though OP is half right, it does not have google spyware. ATS uses Google ad's sometimes, but they ARE NOT associated with Google Analytics Personalized Ad's. They are generated based on what the specific page you are on has on it.

Back to jQuery. MANY sites host this library and are capable of doing so, except it requires a huge database and a lot of code, so it's actually easier to use Google's servers for it.

1. ATS Dev's write an AJAX Application in HTML for the page you loaded
  2. AJAX scripts use jQuery
  3. jQuery is loaded from Google's database
  4. End Result: You get the fancy floating dynamic CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) that ATS has now as opposed to the old (5+ years ago) phpBB style

No spyware. No spying. This is listed someone in T&C but i am way too tired to try and find it.

Hopes this helps!

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: UNIT76

Your PM message history is really interesting stuff.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
God some ATS are members are so ignorant it's ridiculous. They would be surprised that there are over 13 different alien races just within the Milky Way are spying on not just ATS but our entire planet. We are category 1 of 9 levels most come to learn what not to do when building a utopian society/"real civilization".

The Aremo Mongoloid race for example just wants to learn from our mistakes so they can avoid them on their heavily populated planets. The lessons they take from us helps prevent wars back home.

The Gray race just wants the cure to their version of AIDS. That's why they have given us so much tech when we re crossed back,into the nuclear age for the 4th time in 1.3 million Years that we have lived on this particular rock.

Alas, very few members here will ever get to know the Truth contained within Thiaoouba and Advaita Vedanta. I don't blame them as the old saying goes, "You want the Truth? You can't handle the Truth!!!"
edit on 19-8-2014 by Thiaoouba Prophecy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join