It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has Google spyware scripts all over it

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
i think all the Google scripts are fused in the unique and targeted ADs that are placed on the left & right columns from the text box and on the headers... ever notice your last on-line purchase supplier is now the top right hand column AD

then the 'associated' ADs are presented, which are likely to interest your eyeball

all those secret scripts are not likely to be covert tracking and 'code-word' seeking alert spiders... like the counter-intel agencies needed in play during 1992-to-911 event to track secret 'cells' of terrorists

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Truth is there are a lot of third party providers of code snippets and frameworks you can make use of in building a site. Ajax is frequently used for UI components and allows a simplified implementation of front end objects for web interfaces. The fact that someone would use a reliable provider such as Google is not surprising, given that they are likely to still be around tomorrow, and that reduces the need to rework your site all the time. Also, it makes much more sense to count on a Google to keep compatibility with all available browsers in mind. From experience in a small company (and large ones) it takes a lot of effort to make sure things work perfectly in all browser and OS configurations.

As far as the tracking goes, that will definitely happen anywhere. Focusing on Google distracts you from any other third party components on every single site you've ever looked at. Google is omnipeesent because it's reliable, and typically less expensive in the long run to implement and maintain.

Were you hoping that anything happening on the internet would be private? You're participating in a discussion board. Anyone could track you, if they wanted to.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Go to your hosts file add all the bs sites you never want to see and pair them with loopback.

www.googleapis.com 127.0.0.1
www.someothersite.com 127.0.0.1

Locating the hosts file and modifying it can be searched up. It takes just a few seconds and works forever.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
And get a plugin for your browser called "Disconnect" stops websites tracking...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

Google API are generally scripts used to track images, pages, articles, post, etc. Through googles webmaster tool program. It lets the webmaster get an idea of what we are reading and looking at. I idea being if you had your own site and wrote an article about NSA tracking these scripts would tell you if anyone had looked at it, where they were from, the size of their monitor, their OS, etc. etc. That way if no one is reading it, why keep writing about it.

I use these google scripts in web design for sites much smaller and simpler than this one. How would you know for example how many people look at the site with a cell phone? With a IPAD? Once you know these things you design your sites to meet the needs of the viewers, and participating readers/members.

This really is standard stuff.

The API fonts allows you to load fonts off site, because it can make a site easier to read, in certain browsers, make it much nicer to look at. Your computer doesn't have these fonts on it so it has to be load by the site remotely from another sites font repository.

Again Standard stuff.

If the NSA wants to know what you're doing they get your IP and use an optical splitter and just grab everything from that IP they don't need to use anyones servers. Then they just hack and install a logger on your machine.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: grumpy64
Not sure about these things of which you speak my friend but it does not sound good. Are we being spied on? Strange things happen to my computer sometimes when I try to log off or send replies from this site so who knows.

I think you might have missed the OP's point entirely - and that has to do with the degree to which ATS cooperates with the NSA and its attendant spy agencies and the way they might participate with them as they carry on with their nefarious deeds.

edit on 18-8-2014 by FairAndBalanced because: xxx

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: UNIT76
of course we're being spied on at a website where we talk about conspiracies

..if you can think of a better way to wrangle a bunch of tinfoil-hat wearing units together
and collate & catalog their opinions i'd like to hear it?

don't forget to 'like' us on facebook

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I hate google like a passion for VARIOUS reasons, however you are paranoid.

Google DOES provide fonts, if you are a web designer you know this. Wordpress for example can make use of some themes which use google fonts.

There is a huge difference making up some stories about NSA and google spying and mixing this together with harmless things such as a site using google fonts.

Also..if you're so concerned about "spying" and tracking..I recommend you do not visit ANY website whatsoever and better unplug from the net altogether. Almost ANY website today uses various tracking scripts, analytics etc.. not only from google but from various providers. And as pointed out above...a connection to google servers can always happen, not only for fonts...but various API calls, AJAX scripts and _javascripts etc.

It's the effing INTERNET...and "everything" is connected whether we like it or not.
edit on 8/18/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I've had a few problems regarding browser re-directs on this site, to a website that wants me to download Java. It only occurs on this website; I've run scans on Malware Bytes, Adw Clearner, CC Cleaner, and Microsoft Security Essentials and found nothing but the problem keeps coming back.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I think it is important at this point for the site owner to step in and explain the situation. Is the OP correct ? is ATS using .spyware for use against it's members ?
For all we know ATS may have been subverted and the true site owner silenced, and may now be in the hands of god knows what agencies.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It's important to remember that, if you have no technical expertise at all, do not presume to cast aspersions on matters technical.

originally posted by: VirusGuard
i block googles/NSA spyware scripts

There is no such thing.

Tell my why is " ajax.googleapis.com" loaded by this site over HTTPS

If you had even a minor bit of technical awareness, combined with very-minor awareness of current events, you'd be aware that Google is switching to HTTPS across all its services specifically to ensure packets are not intercepted by entities such as the NSA.

or is it some type of super secret secure script needed for banking or is it Google trying to hide what it is doing with its 6000 lines of spyware script and ATS is doing its part to help them.

It's [url=http://jquery.com]Jquery a commonly used JavaScript framework a significant portion of website use, at last tally, something like 90% of websites built since 2009 use it, and every WordPress site uses it. Google hosts it via a CDN to optimize delivery of the code, as well as to ensure sites have an easy path to use the most-current version.

Are we so desperate that we need to use "fonts.gstatic.com" because none of the standard fronts will do and just looking at the URL you can tell something is wrong and it uses a tracking ID.

I like readable fonts.

Scripts and fonts should be hosted by ATS servers and the last place in the world to trust for these types of scripts is Google

Look into browser cache, it will explain why.

Again, a little research and minor technical awareness will prevent embarrassing ignorant statements.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord Google is switching to HTTPS across all its services specifically to ensure packets are not intercepted by entities such as the NSA..

sounds like a positive to me

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: FairAndBalanced
I think you might have missed the OP's point entirely - and that has to do with the degree to which ATS cooperates with the NSA and its attendant spy agencies and the way they might participate with them as they carry on with their nefarious deeds.

You are lying.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: subtopia
I suppose it's back to the old cans and string again.

I wonder if the NSA has an entire super computer dedicated to the ATS website to ensure an actual real conspiracy is shut down before anyone else sees it.

the mods are here for that...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
All I get from this thread is, that some people want to look like they have an actual idea about the stuff they are talking about, but the reality is that they have no clue.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

Go to tools, then manage add on's, (this is for internet explorer) and then tracking protection click on it and it will give you a tracking protection on line that you can download, I have so far 5 including the Stop Google tracking.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord
i agree with what your saying,except the bit about https being secure
link 1
linkwithvideo
link3
link4

edit on 18-8-2014 by stuthealien because: links added

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Score one for mobile version. No ads!

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This has got to be one of the craziest discussions I have seen on ATS. Chew on this, if you will....

There are 9 ( yes NINE) trackers on the home page of ATS alone, including Zedo, DoubleClick etc etc.

Everyone online is being tracked, either via client side or server side fingerprinting techniques.

The tracked data is big business.

Your data is sold to advertisers / Big brother dips into the pot too, if interested.

Two big associations, the Interactive Advertising Bureau and the Digital Advertising Alliance, represent 90% of advertisers.

And this thread is about a tracker from Google

Edit to add....

Considering the size of this site, the archived pages, the number of members, posts, maintenance, uptime, backup.....Hey thats expensive business! Someone needs to spend money maintaining this site, right? So where does that money come from, amongst other things? And in this thread, you have your answer
edit on 18-8-2014 by Charismagic because: Added info. Food for thought!

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Sorry to say this, but tracking protection is crap.

Go through these links and burrow in. This will give you a starting point.

Why more tracking protection is not better

Why Do Not Track is worse than a miserable failure

This Is How Facebook Is Tracking Your Internet Activity

The Web's New Gold Mine: Your Secrets

Sites Feed Personal Details To New Tracking Industry

Online anonymity is a mirage...

On the Web's Cutting Edge, Anonymity in Name Only

You may not know a company called [x+1] Inc., but it may well know a lot about you. From a single click on a web site, [x+1] correctly identified Carrie Isaac as a young Colorado Springs parent who lives on about $50,000 a year, shops at Wal-Mart. and rents kids' videos. The company deduced that Paul Boulifard, a Nashville architect, is childless, likes to travel and buys used cars. And [x+1] determined that Thomas Burney, a Colorado building contractor, is a skier with a college degree and looks like he has good credit.

The company didn't get every detail correct. But its ability to make snap assessments of individuals is accurate enough that Capital One Financial Corp, uses [x+1]'s calculations to instantly decide which credit cards to show first-time visitors to its website.

And did someone say mobile phones ?? No ads?? Deny ignorance, guys....wake up.

Your Apps Are Watching You

Race Is On to 'Fingerprint' Phones, PCs

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join