ATS has Google spyware scripts all over it

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+10 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I don't come here much because the site is slow to load and the reason is because i block googles/NSA spyware scripts in the firewall so the browser hangs around waiting for a timeout before displying the page.

Tell my why is " ajax.googleapis.com" loaded by this site over HTTPS or is it some type of super secret secure script needed for banking or is it Google trying to hide what it is doing with its 6000 lines of spyware script and ATS is doing its part to help them.

Are we so desperate that we need to use "fonts.gstatic.com" because none of the standard fronts will do and just looking at the URL you can tell something is wrong and it uses a tracking ID.

fonts.gstatic.com/s/ubuntu/v6/OsJ2DjdpjqFRVUSto6IffD8E0i7KZn-EPnyo3HZu7kw.woff

Scripts and fonts should be hosted by ATS servers and the last place in the world to trust for these types of scripts is Google

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Not sure about these things of which you speak my friend but it does not sound good. Are we being spied on? Strange things happen to my computer sometimes when I try to log off or send replies from this site so who knows.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Tin Foil hat mode on.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jungian
Tin Foil hat mode on.

That one was mine, dammit. Cody gave it to me. Now bugger off, and go find your own!!

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: grumpy64

Google scripts uses every dirty trick in the book to fingerprint your computer and they mix google IP-Addresses with youtube addresses to stop people from blocking them if they want to use Youtube andi have even seen Youtube trying to connect to my routers admin page on the default of 192.168.1.1 which lets them add more information to the fingerprint of your machine and makes it easyer to hack your router/firewall from the internet side.

My DHCP server does not use the default 19.168.x.x for this reason

Microsoft is in on the deal and also financed by the NSA and this why Internet Explorer does not have a tick in the box to stop the browser connecting to ip-address and the sames goes for all the other browsers

Tin Foil hat mode on.

I was writing _javascript before anyone even knew the name of Google and the data does not lie so my advise to you is to open up Wireshark and see just how little data here is connected to content you can see and how much is connected to tracking/spying

Conspriacy site with Google scripts all over it does not add up

edit on 18-8-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
In this day and age do you really think anywhere is free from spying, I just take it as part of life.The best kept secret is one everyone knows

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

Oh crap. I don't like the sound of this. Do you think it is just Google spying for itself or for someone else?

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Well for anybody who wasn't aware of that then yes we are being spied on.
ATS is high profile with clever, intelligent responders to threads. We are willing participants in a psy-op.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Sadly Google has imbedded itself on almost every aspect of the internet, I know what you are talking about, I don't like Google at all, even when most internet users love it.

Never trust anything that can track your history, but the way that today things are run everybody that are behind profits and surveillance either government or corporate are free to target anybody in the net without restrictions.

Data mining is big business.

Interestingly I manage to stop most of the data tracking when it target my computer with certain small filters that you can download to stop tracking, including Google, now when these littler filters are able your internet experience will become boring and most pages will not display content they way that it should.

But it doesn't bother me, I have the choice to turn it on and off at will.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

If you can tell me the filters, I'll gladly be happy for my pages to load slowly.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
of course we're being spied on at a website where we talk about conspiracies

..if you can think of a better way to wrangle a bunch of tinfoil-hat wearing units together
and collate & catalog their opinions i'd like to hear it?

don't forget to 'like' us on facebook

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Whilst the OP has valid complaints; there are legitimate uses (advertising, user usage tracking etc) for some of the issues highlighted if you are a site like ATS with commercial interests.

It's also worth pointing out that most Government sponsored information gathering is done at the ISP level- not at the endpoint (unless you are on the list- posting on ATS doesnt put you on the list)

Securing your endpoint, stopping scripts is all good and well but whilst you are connecting to the public shared network- true security is not a realistic goal (see Tor).

edit on 18-8-2014 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
Are we so desperate that we need to use "fonts.gstatic.com" because none of the standard fronts will do and just looking at the URL you can tell something is wrong and it uses a tracking ID.

Is that a Freudian slip or a typo?
edit on 08/18/14 by Mary Rose because: Or maybe a purposeful play on words?
edit on 08/18/14 by Mary Rose because: Add

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: UNIT76
of course we're being spied on at a website where we talk about conspiracies

..if you can think of a better way to wrangle a bunch of tinfoil-hat wearing units together
and collate & catalog their opinions i'd like to hear it?

don't forget to 'like' us on facebook

Exactly, this is hardly shock horror, they monitor everything with keywords, and boy have the members used a lot of key words in these forums, which, undoubtedly triggered attention anyway.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I suppose it's back to the old cans and string again.

I wonder if the NSA has an entire super computer dedicated to the ATS website to ensure an actual real conspiracy is shut down before anyone else sees it.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: grumpy64
Not sure about these things of which you speak my friend but it does not sound good. Are we being spied on? Strange things happen to my computer sometimes when I try to log off or send replies from this site so who knows.

really?...are we being spied on?....of course we are. I'm always fascinated by people that come on this site and put in writing what they could get in trouble for, because they believe they have free speech. ok, you do...but, it could, somewhere down the road, come back to haunt you. I've often thought this site is used to study human behavior, and cultural proclivities by certain groups, just by the way OP's are written and the subject matter involved. sort of a "1A" class in human behavior. too many threads that start out asking questions, where the answers are easily found in other parts of the online world.....case in point, there was a notable dropoff in quite candid talk, about taking back this country through veiled references of force, soon after the Clive Bundy ranch standoff with LEO's
and let's not forget our overseas members, some who have a passion for trying to pit American against American. it's worked in other countries, so they keep trying to make it happen here. anger, paranoia, and distrust of all institutions, is part of the playbook. destruction from within has worked numerous times in human history.
edit on 18-8-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Don`t worry, next year they can collect everything...

...so when they come across someone and want to know any(every)thing, they just push a button and all will be extracted...

...ATS doesn`t matter.

edit on 18-8-2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Every website has Google scripts on it nowadays whether you like it or not. The most widely used ones being analytics and their fonts. The reason websites use hosted fonts is for brand consistency - there is so many varied operating systems now. Sure you can have fall-back fonts declared in the CSS using basic fonts, depends how fanatic you are about having consistency in different browers / operating systems. I don't see anything out of the ordinary. Analytics why have it? Simple, so you can track what are the more popular pages of your site, where your users are coming from and so you can improve your website.

This site could be quite easily data mined regardless. Personally I just use this as a latest news website and follow things like latest ancient discoveries, I don't think there is much valuable underground data being posted here nowadays - mostly just speculation and predictions. Most if not all conspiracies / data posted here is mainstream anyway so I don't think they really care. Summarising from that, we are not far off from any other forum or news website.
edit on 18/8/2014 by Eckoro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I have to agree with all that's being said here and put very nicely I might add since my days as a COBOL programer oops showing my age ooops dam NSA I've sort of known it was on the cards 1984 and all that.
I do respect the fact you trying to help in fact I have never signed up to this site until last night and I feel like I've been here for years, well in spirit anyway.

p.s. thanks for the software tip gonna have some fun with that
edit on 18-8-2014 by crostkev because: forgot to thank OP

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
can you not see the google spiders over this text as im typing,im sure with your computer experiance you know most websites are google friendly as google is the search engine used by the mases it makes sense to let google in if you want to be in say the top ten,are we being spied on yes ,can we stop it completely yes cancel your internet

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join