It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cleansing my liver with quinine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
For the last five years, I have felt very tired. After multiple tests at the doctors they could not find out what was troubling me, I am sure my doctor concluded that it was something mental without telling me. Then I was diagnosed with a large gall bladder stone, this was probably the main cause of my lack of energy as I also had digestion problems. My doctor put me on some cures to speed up my digestion, but they all failed to work. My doctor then suggested surgery to remove the gall bladder, but I refused to do it and decided to see if I could find something to cleanse my body myself.

Being a frequent meditator since my teens, I decide to ask the universe how to solve this problem. I went into a deep meditation and cleared my mind of all thoughts; my intent was focused on finding a solution to my problem. I woke up from the meditation with the image of tonic water. I looked up the ingredients of tonic water and found that it contained quinine; an ancient natural remedy made from tree bark that supposedly could "speed up" the function of the liver. I instantly started to drink a bottle of tonic water as a beverage with my dinner.

After just two days doing this I got a fever, and it lasted for three days - I continued with my quinine cure still though. When the fever subsided I got an outbreak of pimples all over my body, it was like the toxins was taking the route out of my body though my skin. When the pimples burst, they seemed to contain water.

Now, about six months later, I am feeling more energetic - almost to the point of where I was five years ago. I still get pimples but a lot less than before. I have cut down to half a bottle of tonic water for dinner as I seem to require less. The pain in my gall bladder has almost gone away and I can actually sleep on my right side without discomfort now. I can also eat products containing milk and flour again which earlier would cause me to have severe stomach intergestion.

-MM

edit on 18-8-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

I drink lots of tonic water with quinine for a completely different reason, but hopefully it's cleansing out my liver as well! Couldn't hurt.

After working a long shift on my feet, going for a strenuous hike, or having a long practice on the hockey rink I used to get the most unbelievably painful cramps in my calves. Blood tests showed it wasn't due to electrolyte imbalances, so I was a bit stumped for a while.

Then I saw that quinine is a natural muscle relaxer and anti-inflammatory. Tonic water is great for active people who tend to get cramps. Seems like it has multiple benefits! I'm glad you found a solution that worked for you. Glad you're feeling better

edit on 18-8-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The amount of quinine in tonic water is minimal at best. Damn stuff is sour and it dun take much... It only takes a very small amount to flavour the drink.

In the United States, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) limits the quinine content in tonic water to 83 ppm[4] (83 mg per liter if calculated by mass)

en.wikipedia.org...

Compared with half to a full gram of the drug for therapeutic doses.
edit on 18-8-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

After just two days doing this I got a fever, and it lasted for three days - I continued with my quinine cure still though. When the fever subsided I got an outbreak of pimples all over my body, it was like the toxins was taking the route out of my body though my skin. When the pimples burst, they seemed to contain water.

Your rash sounds like a symptom of Cinchonism

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Thanks for the link, but I don't thnk that half a bottle of tonic water a day would cause Cinchonism. Or?

-MM

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I'm not sure about trying quinine. Milk Thistle actually increases the bloating and burps that are associated with my liver problem. So reluctant to try something different that may cause that as well and also the detox. That part is good actually, perhaps.

But I did find something just recently that worked. They'd done studies with vitamin E. I take 1200 IU's and sAme, and this helps enormously.
edit on 18-8-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I used to have terrible heart burn and cramps until I started drinking the Italian mineral water Pelligrino. It's awesome stuff, do not chill it. It's difficult to drink cold. My heart burn and cramps went away.

Good thread.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

Stones are made from cholesterol and toxins a few things that get rid of stones apparently are asparagus turmeric Chanca piedra, also known as stone-breaker are all good dandelion and thyme (when trying herbs always test on the skin first to see if you have an allergic reaction)
,and pure honey is really good for the pancreas and gall bladder in fact honey is good for everything as long as it hasn't been made with heat as it turns into hydrogen peroxide when it contacts water from your body. the reason the water from Lourdes is so good at curing people is because it has a high amount of hydrogen peroxide in it.

Sulphur coarse crystal flakes is really good for removing cholesterol (unblocks the arteries better than anything else) but you need to source it without any additives or caking agents as these stop it working further than the GI Tract

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
hmm interesting, I had what I thought was my first bladder stone years ago and took something like olive oil and lemon juice in a certain way which was supposed to flush it out though it ended up being a liver infection and after reading up I took buttermilk, milk thistle and dandelion which did the trick. Also believe the problem was 2 -2 liters of coke a day for years btw aaarghh

top topics

join