It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citizens beware...New Police trick taking place. Would this one upset you? Scamming the innocent.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclodHi vonclod, I am so sorry you and your wife had to endure that. It is a horrible thing when you have a spouse that is having health issues and you have to put up with extra stress and garbage besides. That was my problem that day...me raising a big fuss and risking hubby going hostile or having a heart attack or some such. Since coming out of his coma, he gets really foul mouthed and nasty...the cops would probably really have taken him to task, half crippled or not...so, I sure can relate and realize the frustration and misery you went through. Things like this happen and then some "authorities' wonder why we get b*tchy about it. Un armed folks get killed and they wonder some more...geez. This week, Texas is having some problems in that regard....more protests or trouble ahead?

The other weird thing I wonder about around here...why, when we call for an ambulance and explain it is a heart attack, fire trucks and a dozen cop cars have to show up too. Hubbies last attack, the neighbors thought we had been shot by someone or something...with all those cops showing up. They all made sure they got in the house too....snooping or what...they weren't doing anything medical.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: shrevegal
Very sorry for your unfortunate experience but Im sure it was a 1 off event.
As far as how many show up I would imagine that its a matter of who gets there first in a critical case like a heart attack, and you would hope all have the basic training. I could guess as well that the police might show up as well to handle traffic/emergency vehicles. I don't know for sure though. They most certianly snooped through my place unwarranted or invited..kept her medicine too, I wonder if they are allowed to root through peoples medicine cabinets and take what has been legaly issued or perscribed.
Cheers.

edit on 18-8-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

That is really bothersome in SO many ways. Thank you SO much for posting this, it's nice to have a heads up on it.

I had hear they both demand entry or, just knock and ask if everything is alright.

My concern lately is my alarm. I have had my cats knock over something, and even watching movies with surround sound on, and it sets off my glass break alarms!

Always worried the cops will show up and want to come in and look around. Not that I have anything to hide, it just irritates me the way they act like they have the right. I would be one of the ones that said no, and well, you know what direction that could go.

I don't want to be in the situation that I am afraid to exercise my rights, but, sadly, I am. Terrified to actually. The main reason is like yours, health issues. Being thrown to the ground, a foot on my neck, even a handcuffing, could paralyze or even kill me.

So, I would be intimidated into submission, and I really hate that.

edit on 18-8-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
It's because if you dial 911 and hang up. You could be in danger and the aggressor snatched the phone off you. So they have to check.

Last summer I called them by accident. They came in to check everything was ok. They asked if they may enter and look around.

I called from my cellphone. I call 911 a lot for ambulances. They must have stored my number with my address.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Nothing new about this, its been going on a long time. Something similar happened to me once back in the 90's where someone in my house bumped the preset emergency redial button. When the police receive a disconnected 911 call, they have to send out a car, and they have to interview the people in the house to ensure that no one has made the call and had someone else disconnect the phone before they could complete it. They usually want to speak with all the females in the house, and they will sometimes want to search it. They do this because there is a history of abusive husbands who will stop their wives from calling the police by pulling the phone jack, breaking the phone, hanging it up, etc. All you can do is cooperate, technically its a crime to make a false 911 call, and they have a valid reason (even if by accident) to have to investigate.

originally posted by: Expat888
They could try all they want .. but unless they have a valid warrant theyre arses stay outside.

Wrong...
The fact that a 911 call was made from the house gives them reasonable suspicion to enter the house without a warrant.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: defcon5 Thanx for letting me know that it is an actual law...that the officer was telling us a true fact. One thing tho, just one look at my disabled mister could tell anyone he is not able to abuse the likes of me....Maybe they were afraid for him, LOL. Hubby is severely disabled Vet.

I was respectful and courteous and the incident went well...just one of those goofey things that happen sometimes.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I may have derailed my own thread by telling of my own experience instead of just posting about the articles on various websites lately that mention folks complaining about police using a 911 call as an excuse to get into their home when NO call whatsoever took place. I guess folks that complained about it were either too afraid to not comply or did not know about their rights or warrants or checking phone records and such...perhaps ederly people or teenage kids home alone and not sure what to do or some such. That was the main gist of my post...a warning that such seems to be occurring lately. It could be a good way to take a snoop around if someone that isn't aware of laws lets them in even if they never were any where near their phone. Some folks just "freeze up" when they see a bunch of cop cars pull up even if they have done nothing wrong. Maybe, that is the way thy want it. Have us all scared out o our wits...Ferguson overkill sure showed that.

Well, this post went way off course anyway so I'll let ya'll rest from any more comments from me on this one. Stay safe and be careful and know your rights and fight for your rights.
edit on 19-8-2014 by shrevegal because: error

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Ah, you're talking about what was going on up in Raleigh NC. That is an entirely different ball of wax.
North Carolina Police Using Fake 911 Calls
As far as the law concerning 911, each state has its own statutes. For example here is Floridas:
Florida State Statutes: Emergency telephone 911
You'd have to look up your states statutes to see the specific law; however, most states laws are fairly similar. Anyway, just google your states name followed by “State statute” and “911”, and see what comes up on a search.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: defcon5 Thanx defcon5, Will do and thanx for the information and for commenting at my post. I really appreciate it...I learn something new everyday, LOL. I really should have delved into Louisiana laws relevant to such before I made the post. It all happened so long ago and when I read about the "new" possible "fake" responding to 911 calls and possible abuse of power some where else...I got a little concerned when I remembered and thought about my own experience...and got carried away with it all. Sometimes, it pays to take a deep breath and count to 10 and think things out more. I should "look before I leap". In some instances.

I like your avatar.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Yes switches can be triggered by storm events or power surges so it can happen even f the house has no phone line. It really does not matter.
If I tell a cop he is not coming into my house without a warrant the conversation ends there and the door is closed.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This seems like a reasonable reason for a police officer to come to a residence a take a look around. Land line phones are becoming less common today.

The police investigating 'suspicious' internet activity is something we have to be careful of today. I do believe if I dig in the right place I can find cases where the police have raided a residence and/or made bad arrests based on scanty evidence obtained or just bad investigating, like NOT realizing an actual threat can simply piggyback off a neighbor's WIFI.

The one thing I do not like about the police in the USA, is they seem overly eager to send in a SWAT team over minor situations.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join