It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange to leave Ecuadorian Embassy 'soon'. Updates to follow.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Julian Assange has just stated in a press conference that he will indeed be leaving the Ecuadorian Embassy 'soon'. He did not clarify when he would leave, and in what manner, however.

The announcement was made during a livestream, parts of which you can see here:

Some pertinent information:

Julian Assange has told a press conference in London that he will soon leave the Ecuadorian embassy that has been his home for the past two years. He did not specify any time line for his departure from the embassy other than to say it will be not be for the reasons that "the Murdoch press and Sky News" believe.

In a long press conference that mainly reiterated his legal position as he sees it, Assange dropped an oblique hint that he would be leaving the embassy but did not reply to a request to be clearer.

He noted that a "highly decorated journalist in Iceland" had confirmed that he was leaving the embassy "soon", but not for the reasons believed, an apparent reference to his health.

goo.gl...

Updated information suggests that Julian Assange will leave the embassy, after the UK honours its obligations in respect to his asylum. Police have told journalists at the scene to move on, and not expect Julian Assange to make any public appearances. Journalists are sitting tight though.
edit on 18-8-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Good luck Julian, I hope you get away because you did us all a great favour and I think its a pity if you are caught.

Surely we should protect our brave whistle-blowers. I know someone said to me you can't fight the Institutions, which is why so many are so rotten, but its time we tried and there are more of us than them.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Sh!t mate, I just posted in the thread you put up earlier on. How many were you planning ? Will there be another one after he's been to the dunny tonight ?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

Here's a link to the livestream:

www.livestream.com...

No hablo Espanol.

Got anything in English?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

Sh!t mate, I just posted in the thread you put up earlier on. How many were you planning ? Will there be another one after he's been to the dunny tonight ?

Hahaha.

Yeah, this is the last one. I only posted this one, because Julian confirmed he will be leaving he embassy, and that is an important point of which deserves its own thread, in my opinion. Add to that the fact that this one will include pertinent updates.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

Just came across this:

edit on 18-8-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Well done Julian, good, composed statement.

You made sure the world heard that no charge has been laid in either Sweden or the UK against you.
You made sure that the world heard the DOJ as late as April made it known it was chasing you in for wiki-leaks.
You advised the world no one has accused you of or charged you with rape and that the girls in Sweden explicitly denied and rape occurred.Therefore the media reporting it as a serious sex crime or rape is misleading and false and shouldn't occur any longer (screw you Murdoch!)

BOOM! he even mentions - ''the Murdoch press''

he looked fine, that fake cough he put out now and then didn't seem to match his body language!

looks pretty upbeat for a sick man about to turn himself over to the law, it might just be biased hope.. but I'm guessing he's got a plan and this speech was the start of it.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Maybe the girl who thew a party for him the day after the so called "I'm alsleep and could not feel it" incident is throwing another party or her friend who he sweet talked to get inside her knickers has forgiven him.

Show that the UK courts are nothing more than kangroo courts to have allowed this to go on for so long and dumped the £250k a month bill on to the tax payer but don't ask me how it is costing that much because the state won't answer them sort of questions because they are above the law and accouantable to no one.

He is no more guilty of rape than i am

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I wonder if they have looked at escaping in the old tunnels underneath the embassy - the old sewers etc. Throw a decoy at police and do a runner.

top topics

join