It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Sites full of paranormal activity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
am just wondering how many there are

areas of concentrated high strangeness, kind of activity, such as ufos, polteirgeists, bigfoot type sightings etc etc

I know of

Sedona, US ( the supposed vortexes and UFO activity)

Skinwalker Ranch, US- everything under the sun

Bradshaw Ranch, US - heard there are similiaraties

Bermuda Triangle- i guess for the sheer number of dissapearances there

Virgina- US sightings of the mothman, ufos and men in black and other paranormal activity during that period

Hoia Baciu Forest, Romania

being from the uk, I find it odd, I have mostly referenced US locations but am basically talking about places, where they seem a hotbed of everything from ghosts, to ufos, etc, weird phenonoma

am hoping others can expand this list
edit on 18-8-2014 by Dharma Employee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Dharma Employee

Why start two threads on the same subject?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Dorchester has had a few sightings by ordinary people of a Roman Leagion passing through. A couple having a quiet picnic nearly choked on their sandwiches when it happened. Its also the site of Maiden Head a huge stronghold for the people who fought and lost to the romans and their first cross boy type weapon called a ballistic if my memory serves me. Although if I am wrong I expect someone will put me right.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Bermuda triangle has been disproved. It's a large methane pocket underneath the ocean floor. Large bubbles get released and I mean LARGE and capsize ships. The methane then is released into the atmosphere and stalls airplane engines. Older planes though. Notice that no 747's go missing there? It's actually pretty simple.

Also I second the post previous to me. Why make 2 threads with the same exact thing?
edit on 18-8-2014 by Wanderer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Wanderer777

because dude, i forgot there was a paranormal forum, hence my initial confusion at putting it in the metaphysical forum

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Alrighty then!
2nd line

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Wiltshire is probably the best hotbed for paranormal activity in the UK , aside from corp circles which as we know are man made.
Wiltshire - Paranormal Database Records

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wanderer777
Bermuda triangle has been disproved. It's a large methane pocket underneath the ocean floor. Large bubbles get released and I mean LARGE and capsize ships. The methane then is released into the atmosphere and stalls airplane engines. Older planes though. Notice that no 747's go missing there? It's actually pretty simple.

I remember a documentary that spoke about the methane issues and took into account all the possible normal explanations, and then they were speaking to a few pilots who experienced the high strangeness and had time anomalies happen to them, but made it back to tell about it.. They "seemed" pretty credible and had FAA friends attesting to that in the documentary..

Of course that doesn't prove anything, but I have seen and heard enough stories about the realness of the triangle to believe there is something to it..
Now as for the methane gas theory, I am sure it happens and is also a highly likely scenerio, but that doesn't mean the wierd stuff hasn't happened also.. Just my opinion though. I think the strange stuff is in fact really rare however..

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Oh definitely. I wouldn't tell the pilots they're wrong because I wasn't there. But you have stories like that in a lot of random places in the world. It could just be an anomaly that happens in our atmosphere at random times and locations. Like Admiral Byrd and his weird experience.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Pretty much everywhere in the UK has quite a bit of weirdness if you start poking about.

I think the big US locations just get a lot of publicity because our American cousins, well, they do hyperbole and publicity a heck of a lot better than we do.

But I can think of at least half a dozen weird places with ghost stories and odd vibes attached to them within 4 or 5 miles of where I live.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

Why start two threads on the same subject?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The state of West Virginia is where Mothman, The Flatwoods Monster, MIB, etc. happened. Unless it happened in Virginia too?

Gulf Breeze Florida is apparently a hotspot too.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
according to the scuttle, there are 4 bermuda triangles on the planet
disclaimer: godlikeproductions is source

(possibly related?) tasmania (Australia)
valentich case

most of these sites have a 'backstory'
..i'd be interested to see how all those supposed ley-lines match up to these various locations?
thanks for posting

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
thanks for all your replies

yes I did mean the state of West Virgina, got halfway through that book on the flatwoods monster and stopped reading

Hey Painterz, as a fellow brit you have me curious about the places you are refering to

am presuming you are going to say stonehenge

I remember once seeing a doc, think it was on strange but true, with michael aspek about a street where stones, were constantly being thrown by themselves

edit on 20-8-2014 by Dharma Employee because: (no reason given)

top topics

join