It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: National Guard To Be Deployed In Ferguson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Missouri Governor Jay Nixon has just signed an executive order to send the Naitional Guard to Ferguson, where protestors have clashed with police over the shooting death of Michael Brown, an unarmed teenager.

Missouri Governor Jay Nixon has signed an executive order to send the National Guard to Ferguson amid rising tensions following the shooting death by police of a black unarmed teenager.

The move comes as a preliminary private autopsy found that Michael Brown was shot at least six times, according to reports.

The 18-year-old was shot twice in the head and four times in the right arm, the New York Times reported.

news.sky.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Sounds like they might be preparing to release details/reports that the protesters aren't going to like... toxicology, perhaps?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
They might be getting ready to release some pertinent information. The autopsy report has already been leaked and one wonders if the arrest or proclamation of innocence concerning the officer that shot Brown is not next up and they are making sure that they are extremely well prepared for any and all possible outcomes.

I could be wrong. I guess we will have to wait and see.
edit on 8/18/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: KingIcarus

Could be... Which logically, people would be like... ok, MAYBE he did something. No... what would happen would just be anger.. Don't get that.

It's messed up any way you cut it.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I agree with all of you. It does seem to be a precautionary move, and only time will tell what will happen. I'm not sure what to think of it, but lets hope that nothing further serious occurs.

Overall though, i don't think the Police handled the situations correctly, and i don't have high hopes for the National Guard either.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I'm gonna guess that the two in the head came last. The heavy handed tactics used over the last few days has been to subdue the locals behavior before the medical details come out. As I said in the thread a few days back, a fire hose could have achieved a better result than gas and rubber bullets, but this wasn't about crowd control. Do the national guard use rubber bullets or real ones?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Using a firehose on a crowd of black people wouldn't look very good on the front page of the paper. That actually would have caused way more chaos just because of the symbolism than rubber bullets.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
If LA is a reasonable comparison, I think the end of the rioting is now near.

Larger daytime, but peaceful, protests will likely be organized by 'out of towners'.

We can also expect a jump in the number of arrests over the next few weeks, as civilian law enforcement returns their focus from crowd control to apprehension of criminal wrong-doers.

But the media circus and national debate about race relations (yes, once again) is only just getting started. Hold onto your seats.

I also expect *crickets* on any of the constitutional issues raised by the events of the last few nights. No one apparently really cares.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Has anyone checked to see what the rest of the world thinks of this debacle?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
Has anyone checked to see what the rest of the world thinks of this debacle?

large part of the world is getting the same news as those in USA and same like those in USA not encouraged to think too much about it.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Looks like the autopsy is showing the witnesses lied about him being shot in the back.
Re the national guard. Aren't they for enforcing martial law?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Tyty
I am embarrassed of this situation. I hope we can make it right quickly.
a reply to: demus

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Idt they lied, I think the average person doesn't understand forensic evidence.

Like I don't know if there's a sound delay between firing and hearing.

a reply to: violet

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I'm a bit alarmed about the guard being called in since the constitution is very specific about who, how and when they can be called in. I am wondering if this is being done in accordance with all those legal specifics, and hope everyone including state officials will be adhering to all those laws, or if we will see behavior like we did when the state of Connecticut crapped on the constitution and bill of rights in front of the whole country while thumbing their collective nose at the whole country.
I would even say that they are now a rogue state right along with the current administration and the DOJ. I hope this isn't going to further that same perversion of our rights. When they do this, they won't be checking anyone's political party memberships before they take aim and fire. (and shoot holes through our country's constitution for a warm up exercise). And yes it has been happening for quite some time, but no one in government is seemingly trying to stop it.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I'm not one to condone violence or encourage a violent uprising but....

Here we have a situation where instead of listening to a single word the people have said, they chose to double down and bring in more reinforcements. Perhaps its high time all the militias stepped up and provide a counterweight to this provocation.

Of course, something tells me that's exactly what they want.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Please add to the existing thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you. Closed.

new topics

top topics

join