It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Jay Nixon signs exec. order to send Missouri National Guard to Ferguson

page: 95
<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
a reply to: 00nunya00
I'm only getting one live feed now and it's completely peaceful---a glorious sight.
Now I'm off to see what else happened in the world today and make a fresh peach pie!

Exactly. Time for peach pies again, not for justice or true freedom. Glorious----we succeeded in changing absolutely nothing! Yay! :/

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: FirePiston

originally posted by: 00nunya00

originally posted by: FirePiston

a reply to: DancedWithWolves

This is my whole argument about this entire thing, and all other stories like this lately-----where did those tase-from-20-feet-away weapons go? They can get you from way far away, if there isn't a gun pointed at them, why in the world don't they reach for the taser first instead of the gun?

You get attacked and fked up and lucky to have your sidearm in your own possession, in your own cruiser and your going for the tazer????????
When someone attacks a Police Officer like that, under the circumstances, imagine how this Officer felt? Threat stopped NOW. Normal humans do not respond and act like that criminal did.
Firepiston

Boo-hoo for the cop who CHOSE that job, no one forced him to choose a life of risking his own safety to PROTECT AND SERVE. This isn't some McDonald's job or conscripted draft requirement, if you're twitchy about fear and threats, then become a lawyer instead and serve justice that way. If you CHOOSE to become a cop, you'd better be doing that with clear, wide-open eyes about the reality of the risks, and not fall back on the "we're poor tender little bunnies who need to be protected against a knife" excuse. Be brave, cowboy up, or GTF off the force.

Umm what? He served in the line of duty and did what anyone would do. I never said he should not have picked that line of work... He had to deal with any cops nightmare and did. Honorably.
Firepiston

He did a favor to society, and society ruined this mans life.

Ummmm.......no. "Anyone" armed with a taser gun that ranges 20 feet or more would have used THAT against a freaking knife instead of lethal force with a gun. "Any cop's nightmare" lol? If a deranged dude with a pocket knife is "any cop's nightmare" then "any cop" is a quivering little girl. My God. "Any cop's nightmare" is being kettled in by rioters and vastly out-gunned; Kindergarteners being sent walking towards their lines loaded with a vest full of explosives; a sea of angry people in the tens of thousands swarming towards their out-manned position. But a mental patient with a pocket knife? Jesus, do you need your butt wiped for you too? Pathetic.

BTW: here's your "hero cop" putting 9 bullets into a mental case 15 seconds after arriving, drawing his gun FIRST, and the ONE guy walking towards his law-enforcement-trained quivering little self and saying basically what DJ Jazzy Jeff said 20+ years ago. PATHETIC. This cop is a sniveling little girl in a grown man's body. Defend this video, I swear, if you change my mind I'll Paypal you $100. Absolutely pathetic.
edit on 21-8-2014 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

I'm only getting one live feed now and it's completely peaceful---a glorious sight.
Now I'm off to see what else happened in the world today and make a fresh peach pie!

Exactly. Time for peach pies again, not for justice or true freedom. Glorious----we succeeded in changing absolutely nothing! Yay! :/

Well, come morning I'll have changed something---my neighbor, who brought me this huge box of peaches from his trees, will get a fresh peach pie. He's a widower, 87 year-old WWII vet.
Plus I have a few quarts in the freezer to share later on. We're a small community and we do a lot of sharing of our bounties.
There's absolutely nothing I can do for the folks in Ferguson but I certainly can make a difference in my community. Bringing smiles to my neighbors is one of my greatest joys.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Well, come morning I'll have changed something---my neighbor, who brought me this huge box of peaches from his trees, will get a fresh peach pie. He's a widower, 87 year-old WWII vet.
Plus I have a few quarts in the freezer to share later on. We're a small community and we do a lot of sharing of our bounties.
There's absolutely nothing I can do for the folks in Ferguson but I certainly can make a difference in my community. Bringing smiles to my neighbors is one of my greatest joys.

I hear that. I live in an upper-middle-class suburb planned-community where my neighbors and I wave to each other from our cars and drop off Xmas cookies to the surrounding 6 or 7 houses every Xmas Eve. It's nice, they're all great and hard-working nice people of all skin colors. It's a peaceful place.

But what I can do for my black neighbor to the left, and my black neighbor across the street, and my white neighbors everywhere else, is to get angry actually change something for their kids for once. For the future. For MY white kids, who will one day make stupid decisions and even take some acid and walk around town like I did when I was a teenager. I only got harassed by cops when I ran away and my mom called the popo to find me. I was so stupid back then, I ran away from a loving and middle-class white suburban household a few times because "I was being oppressed" by my mom who wouldn't let me break curfew and hang with bad kids. But because I had white skin and blonde ahir, cops never gave me a second look until they were given my description and told to find me.

Did I deserve to get shot for it? If I had tried to run from or walk towards the cops, did I deserve to be gunned down by 9 bullets in the street for it? Did I have no right to be a stupid young adult without losing my life for it?

If I didn't.......why didn't Mike Brown? Why didn't Kajieme Powell? Does Kajieme not get the same protests and media coverage because his name is harder to turn into a livestream feed and protest-chant than "Mike Brown"?

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, WHY THE HELL IS MY STORY MORE IMPORTANT THAN MIKE BROWN'S OR KAJIEME POWELL'S?!?! Protests for Mike Brown are peaceful now and you're back to your peach pies. Does it have to be YOUR kid or YOUR grandkid that dies before peach pies can go eff themselves until this country is just and fair?

Why is "peace and peaches" more important to you than a mother's son who made a stupid YET solvable-without-murder decision? Does it really have to be you and yours before you care enough to never quit?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
4:30 Missouri. Police swat lined up, blue uniformed officers lined up with truncheons. Officer telling media to leave and return to the media zone. Probably 50-100 police officers. K-9 unit.

www.youtube.com...

about 20 of them just nabbed a man, looked like something being held up by some? Pulled the one man back behind line, cuffed. Still calling for credential media to go back to the command post.
edit on 21/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: edited added more information

edit on 21/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: changed time to missouri time

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Screenshot of police in new line after push into protesters, telling them to move, forcing them to march at 4:46 am on 8/21/2014 Missouri time. I can hear the protesters talking saying "keep moving! if you don't keep moving, it'll just agitate them more".

No kidding, making them march at 4:46 am.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

Jesus H, and I thought tonight at 2:00 EST was the end of it. Thanks for the updates.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Jesus H, and I thought tonight at 2:00 EST was the end of it. Thanks for the updates.

I didn't say anything but I was actually worried that this was what was really happening after the media was vacated from the area. This is the exact same tactics that were used against Occupy protesters. Exact same. Wait til everybody is asleep and media ordered out.

Feed is cut on RT now. Ugh. Wish I had taken one more screenshot but was waiting for them to clear that tree.

Forgot I could wind back. More screenshots:

This was around 4:30 am 8/21/2014 in Ferguson, Missouri

edit on 21/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: added pic

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Now they're starting the media black out. It always seems to be when the interesting things start to happen.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Last pictures is before the feed cut. They made them march down to the McDonald's. Then they told them to move again. The woman who was urging the protesters to sit in a circle with her and if the police were going to shoot them, they'd shoot them sitting in that circle together.
edit on 21/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: added last photo and commentary

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ObjectZero
Now they're starting the media black out. It always seems to be when the interesting things start to happen.

Yep, RT feed went down and I am Mike Brown is sitting in the press area where they're talking about how boring it is and maybe they can do a story on the female reporter's shoes. Kind of sickening really. Are they really that stupid?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice
The woman who was urging the protesters to sit in a circle with her and if the police were going to shoot them, they'd shoot them sitting in that circle together.

Please, PLEASE video of this. It brings me to tears just thinking about it, I want to make it go viral. PLEASE. (Gotta take my daughter to school in a few minutes, will be back by 8:00 AM)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice
The woman who was urging the protesters to sit in a circle with her and if the police were going to shoot them, they'd shoot them sitting in that circle together.

Please, PLEASE video of this. It brings me to tears just thinking about it, I want to make it go viral. PLEASE. (Gotta take my daughter to school in a few minutes, will be back by 8:00 AM)

I still have the RT live video loaded. Haven't made a video of a video before but I'll see what I can do. I'm NOT closing the window because I want people to see this. Trust me on that one.

I was really hoping that it was all peachy keen like was being displayed but there was a part of me that better. Glad I stayed up with the RT feed rolling so I could catch it. People really need to know that this is what happens. This is the same tactic done to Occupy and I'd say what turned it into being about staying in the parks. Even the same time frame and those idiots in the press pen aren't even the wiser.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Omg, are you hearing this press conference, nunya? Bringing up the basketball net thing. You know, my metro police department did the same thing...officer saw a poor kid, bought him a tv and xbox with his own money. It's a pr thing.

No mention of making them move arbitrarily down to McDonald's and then telling them to move again. None at all. Johnson is full of it. No love for that man anymore.
edit on 21/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: added last line

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Bless you. Leave the tab open, if you have trouble making the video, I will do everything I can to help you. I'll be back in 1h45m.
edit on 21-8-2014 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Bless you. Leave the tab open, if you have trouble making the video, I will do everything I can to help you. I'll be back in 1h45m.

Kk. Pretty tired but I'll give it a shot. Johnson said that there were no long guns on the front line in the press conference. In the second to the last screenshot, you can see long guns. Some were less than lethal rifles with the telltale orange, others were long and dark.

Youtube crashed when I tried recording with fraps and it won't reload. Saying error occurred. UGH. I'm going to cry now.

edit on 21/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: added youtube crash

edit on 21/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
white alice and 00nunya00 who gives a rodents posterior if the police are having the peaceful protesters march around the block several times between 0100 and 0600.
the people protesting, more than likely sharing the same demographics about obesity that the rest of americans enjoy, need the exercise.

the police need the practice at moving and controlling a crowd without the use of lethal forces.

and it keeps the crowd distracted and off focus from getting any ideas of causing trouble.

the crowd has been getting focused on violence and if the police keep them focused on pleasing the police and focused on marching then everyone benefits and no one dies.

positives
1. obese protesters get free exercise
2. police get practice in riot and crowd control
3. no one gets shot
4. none of the wanna be jessie jacksons and al sharptons have anything to bitch about or complain about

[snip]

edit on Thu Aug 21 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: spelling

edit on 8/21/2014 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: spirited75

The paperwork reads, Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Nothing in there says those peaceably assembled can be forced to march.

Be well and do good things.

edit on 21-8-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
a reply to: spirited75

The paperwork reads, Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Nothing in there says those peaceably assembled can be forced to march.

And your post violates the T&C. We don't speak to our fellow humans that way here.

Be well and do good things.

i have edited out the middle few lines so you can more accurately comprehend the first amendment:

Congress shall make no law respecting ...the right of the people peaceably to assemble,

Congress is not in Missouri making a law that respects the right to peaceably assemble.
Congress in fact is not in session.

ever heard of selective hearing?

you read the first amendment for years with selective vision.

And your post violates the T&C. We don't speak to our fellow humans that way here.

the only people who are allowed to use WE are kings, editors and people with tapeworms.

you are not a king or an editor, except in your own mind so that leaves us with.....

selective vision and selective reading. bet you will get the last half of that sentence without it even being written out.

edit on 21/8/2014 by spirited75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The police are not intelligent enough to realize how they are hurting their own cause. Blinded by power.

As far as the keeping moving, they see it as a good idea, too bad it's wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join