It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Jay Nixon signs exec. order to send Missouri National Guard to Ferguson

page: 93
<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Or there's the St. Louis mantra...developing tonight from Tuesday's police shooting.

Police intervention for the mentally ill = empty a clip into them.

The St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department released cell phone footage Wednesday of the police shooting of Kajieme Powell, a 25-year-old black man killed on Tuesday in St. Louis, according to St. Louis Public Radio.

A convenience store owner called 911 on Tuesday when he suspected Powell stole drinks and donuts from his shop, according to a recording of the call. Another woman called to report Powell was acting erratically and had a knife in his pocket.

Two officers in a police SUV responded to the calls, the cell phone video shows. When the officers got out of their vehicle, Powell walked in their direction, yelling and telling them to shoot him already.

St. Louis Police Chief Sam Dotson said Tuesday that both of the officers opened fire on Powell when he came within a three or four feet of them holding a knife "in an overhand grip."

But the newly newly released cell phone footage undermines the statement, showing Powell approaching the cops, but not coming as close as was reported, with his hands at his side. The officers began shooting within 15 seconds of their arrival, hitting Powell with a barrage of bullets.

source

Why not taser him instead? Video is available.
edit on 20-8-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: feldercarb

originally posted by: AllSourceIntel
Interest is far from being lost...it's spreading across the country, various small protests have been noted in various cities...and now this...Exclusive: Read the DHS bulletin on Thursday’s “Nationwide Day of Rage” #ferguson

This is what makes me worried. What does a day of rage mean? To me, I begin to question if that ends up including shooting/ killing people, arson , looting etc.

Why not a day of protest? What does protest mean? It means you cry, yell, scream about something that you do not like. That is a lot different from rage. Stop selling rage; rage will only make things worse, not better.

PC crashed...I believe it's symbolic of expressing rage within...not taking actions of rage...but yes, it could get bad like Ferguson...worse in certain parts of the country.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: feldercarb

I would be more worried about tomorrow night or Saturday night. This "day of rage" was supposed to be tonight, but it's obviously not happening, or we'd be seeing something about it. But tomorrow night and Saturday, the kiddies are out of high school and don't have to wake up early, so they might come out to start some stuff for fun. 4chan can rally, but rarely on school nights. "Summer is over" finally, lol

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

This is my whole argument about this entire thing, and all other stories like this lately-----where did those tase-from-20-feet-away weapons go? They can get you from way far away, if there isn't a gun pointed at them, why in the world don't they reach for the taser first instead of the gun?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The cop could have tuned him upside the head with his pistol, he could have jabbed him in the neck, basically any other weapon he had available would have injured the guy and his right "To Life" would have been upheld. They shoot at any threat, there first response is the gun, knowing it was against a knife.

How can you protect and serve when all the laws are about Your public safety?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 00nunya00

Day of rage is tomorrow

The 21st of August

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Yeah, well, "if I'm telling you to sit down and sit back, you'd better STFU and obey my unconstitutional orders otherwise it's my right to empty my clip into you because someone cursed at me and hurt my feelings a few years back" right? :/

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: 00nunya00

This is my whole argument about this entire thing, and all other stories like this lately-----where did those tase-from-20-feet-away weapons go? They can get you from way far away, if there isn't a gun pointed at them, why in the world don't they reach for the taser first instead of the gun?

I have some insight on this.
Back when tasers became the hot item, police were going nuts with them because they're less lethal and were using them on people for the slightest reason which doesn't sound bad until you read about old ladies getting tased for opening their car doors and such. That and they accidentally killed a few people with heart problems. then one day the taser got put on the back burner

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

Day of rage is tomorrow

The 21st of August

Per the DHS document www.scribd.com... it was supposed to be today

edit on 20-8-2014 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ektar
a reply to: WhiteAlice

The other night Oakland was protesting for
Ferguson. Sorry but I think "Trebelo or Trebara"
something like that...live feed...

Cheers
Ektar

Yep, checked his and he had footage uploaded from earlier. Also called it a night apparently so I'm guessing all went well.
Oakland, CA earlier today: www.ustream.tv...

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

But that's the thing, they're STILL tasing old ladies with these things when they won't comply in 10 seconds, but everyone under 70 and over 10 are getting shot. Still doesn't make sense to me. We see stories of dementia patients and retarded kids getting tased every day, but everyone else just gets shot to death now.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

But that's the thing, they're STILL tasing old ladies with these things when they won't comply in 10 seconds, but everyone under 70 and over 10 are getting shot. Still doesn't make sense to me. We see stories of dementia patients and retarded kids getting tased every day, but everyone else just gets shot to death now.

Yes they are and i have no idea why they do that.
it really makes no sense to me either

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Day of rage is tomorrow

The 21st of August

According to one of their promo videos, it says Aug 21. Anon has had a lot of day of rage attempts though so who knows whether it will be something or nothing at all.
youtu.be...

PS. There was another Anon Day of Rage on August 14th that piggybacked off of the #NMOS14 vigils so yeah...
edit on 20/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: added ps

edit on 20/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: infernal words getting in my way

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Ah, summer has been extended I guess, lol. Calling for it on a school night was wishful thinking, but they'd still get a better turnout if they called for it on Saturday, as they'd get the whole day plus the weekend night to get some action going. Kids can't check Twitter all the time while they're in class.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Something strikes me as a really BAD branding idea with that. I for one have appreciated the intel on Ferguson that they liberated, but how is rage the right message? The police are doing enough raging for everyone. Next idea...because I don't think a day of rage should go anywhere but the circular file.

What else ya got guys? Next...

edit on 20-8-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

They should have called it the "Day Of Smoking Pot And Staring At Our Phones While Loitering", it would have gotten a better response, then someone could come along and throw a water bottle at the cops and set the whole thing hopping, lol

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Day of rage is tomorrow

The 21st of August

It states Thursday, August 21st on the first line...

feldercarb...I agree with your statement

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves

Something strikes me as a really BAD branding idea with that. I for one have appreciated the intel on Ferguson that they liberated, but how is rage the right message? The police are doing enough raging for everyone. Next idea...because I don't think a day of rage should go anywhere but the circular file.

What else ya got guys? Next...

Part of the issue with Anon is that they are Anon--"legion" and leaderless, anybody and everybody can be Anon. Even the 13 year old kid down the street could be Anon. It is rather humorous though to see an Anon message get put out and then quelled by other Anon claiming that it is not an Anon message. The whole concept is actually circular in and of itself and almost hypocritical.

I totally agree. It has an almost anarchist vibe to it though, as another poster pointed out, rage can also be a feeling. Still poor word choice as I think people have seen enough rage and testosterone over the last week.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Day of rage is tomorrow

The 21st of August

It states Thursday, August 21st on the first line...

feldercarb...I agree with your statement

Holy crap, I thought it was Thursday already, lol! My bad, you're totally right, it's only Wednesday today. (blush!)

Star for you reminding me to take the trash to the curb!

edit on 20-8-2014 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thefarmer

originally posted by: Thefarmer

originally posted by: Grimmley

originally posted by: Lipton

originally posted by: WhiteAlice
The National Guard is being sent to Ferguson, MO. When was the last time this happened for a protest? Please don't say Kent State. Not sure how I feel about this at all.

originally posted by: loam
I also expect *crickets* on any of the constitutional issues raised by the events of the last few nights. No one apparently really cares.

It's really hard to defend these people, given their actions....

Thank you, I was about to say the exact same thing. The actions of the people are not of a peaceful nature, when you start throwing rocks, Molotov cocktails, shooting, and looting, arson, and shouting death to cops, it is NOT a peaceful protest.

Grim

It was peaceful until the police started throwing tear gas and I wouldn't say the actions of a few constitutes the whole town losing there constitutional rights

Funny you should say that...Possible Provocateur? on Friday

When I 1st saw that pic I thought it was a bit staged

Protester throwing back a tear gas/smoke granade with an American flag tee on just looked a bit Hollywoody

But yes definitly think there were provocateurs making things worse

Smoke nades do not act like flares either. A flame the size of a cig lighter when it goes off... Looks staged or some concoction this thug made in his house. Smoke and gas do not shoot dragon flames.
Firepiston

top topics

<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join