It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Jay Nixon signs exec. order to send Missouri National Guard to Ferguson

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: spirited75

Are you really condoning what happened at kent state???
I really hope not...

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: new_here
Tim is part of the 'media.' Confused why he has not been called out for not being with the other press.

He actually just asked police a question!

And Tim was just told "get your asses on the sidewalk, I'm not telling you again". He's pushing it, but not getting any special treatment from what I can see.

Yeah, I heard that. But that was after all media had been told to go back to the press area. Then told them to go to 'command post.' He wasn't where the media was told to be, is my point. And his vest says "PRESS" LoL...

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: spirited75

originally posted by: WhiteAlice
Following coordinated attacks on civilians and law enforcement, Governor Nixon signs executive order directing Missouri National Guard resources to Ferguson.
governor.mo.gov...

Exec. 14-09: governor.mo.gov...

abcnews.go.com...
www.nbcnews.com...

NOW, THEREFORE, I, JEREMIAH W. (JAY) NIXON, GOVERNOR OF THE STATE OF MISSOURI, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the State of Missouri, including section 41.480, RSMo, order and direct the Adjutant General of the State of Missouri, or his designee, to forthwith call and order into active service such portions of the organized militia as he deems necessary to aid the executive officials of Missouri, to protect life and property, and it is further ordered and directed that the Adjutant General or his designee, and through him, the commanding officer of any unit or other organization of such organized militia so called into active service take such action and employ such equipment as may be necessary in support of civilian authorities, and provide such assistance as may be authorized and directed by the Governor of this state.

The move also replaces Capt. Johnson of the Missouri State Highway Patrol with the Superintendent of the same patrol, Col. Ronald Replogle:

www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov...

The National Guard is being sent to Ferguson, MO. When was the last time this happened for a protest? Please don't say Kent State. Not sure how I feel about this at all.

Kent State. Ohio National Guard.

Sounds like some of these peaceful protestors need to be shot.

Right between the eyes.

You are being sarcastic right?

I hope so.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
It appears on Rt feed that the people have finally gotten wise on how to efficiently defeat tear gas. spray bottles of water

RT is going to leave? You'd think they would want to capture this. I'm watching their feed because they, out of all the media, would love to catch wrongdoing.

link   

originally posted by: AllSourceIntel
Who are these "peacekeepers"?

Are they community members?

Yes, according to my friend with family there, they are largely clergy from the area.

Excellent, that is leadership right there.

As long as it wasn't unmarked UN, lol

link   
Police is using a tactic ( FINALLLLLLLLLLLY ) that been use in the Student Unrest in Quebec.

They "rush" to trouble maker, take them, and leave the group.

This tactic make the media think the police is "rushing/attacking". They every time police talk they are : OMG THEY RUSH

Then calm is back. Police started yesterday a bit.

In Quebec, police even had a "special squad" that photo and studied the "more aggresive protestant" and arrest them before they did anything.

I saw it with my eye !!! A couple of looking anarchist arrest for nothing.

Police here too at the end of the night, "trap" the remaining manifestation, then they arrest all people. Like last night.

It's MORE a police/anti-riot tactic then before.

Their police dept got a memo that they were bad.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: spirited75

Following coordinated attacks on civilians and law enforcement, Governor Nixon signs executive order directing Missouri National Guard resources to Ferguson.
governor.mo.gov...

Exec. 14-09: governor.mo.gov...

abcnews.go.com...
www.nbcnews.com...

NOW, THEREFORE, I, JEREMIAH W. (JAY) NIXON, GOVERNOR OF THE STATE OF MISSOURI, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the State of Missouri, including section 41.480, RSMo, order and direct the Adjutant General of the State of Missouri, or his designee, to forthwith call and order into active service such portions of the organized militia as he deems necessary to aid the executive officials of Missouri, to protect life and property, and it is further ordered and directed that the Adjutant General or his designee, and through him, the commanding officer of any unit or other organization of such organized militia so called into active service take such action and employ such equipment as may be necessary in support of civilian authorities, and provide such assistance as may be authorized and directed by the Governor of this state.

The move also replaces Capt. Johnson of the Missouri State Highway Patrol with the Superintendent of the same patrol, Col. Ronald Replogle:

www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov...

The National Guard is being sent to Ferguson, MO. When was the last time this happened for a protest? Please don't say Kent State. Not sure how I feel about this at all.

Kent State. Ohio National Guard.

Sounds like some of these peaceful protestors need to be shot.

Right between the eyes.

I think you missed the point about kent State. That was a bad thing.

link   

It appears on Rt feed that the people have finally gotten wise on how to efficiently defeat tear gas. spray bottles of water

RT is going to leave? You'd think they would want to capture this. I'm watching their feed because they, out of all the media, would love to catch wrongdoing.

they were pushed back with all the other press

link   

Tim is part of the 'media.' Confused why he has not been called out for not being with the other press.

And Tim was just told "get your asses on the sidewalk, I'm not telling you again". He's pushing it, but not getting any special treatment from what I can see.

Yeah, I heard that. But that was after all media had been told to go back to the press area. Then told them to go to 'command post.' He wasn't where the media was told to be, is my point. And his vest says "PRESS" LoL...

It looks like the media & the protesters are being herded in one big group right now, I've seen plenty of other media nearby Tim & Co. They're forcing everyone out at once, and everyone's going about it as slowly as they can get away with.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

It looks like the media & the protesters are being herded in one big group right now, I've seen plenty of other media nearby Tim & Co. They're forcing everyone out at once, and everyone's going about it as slowly as they can get away with.

If you say so... but looks to me like he's on the opposite side of the street from where media was told to report to.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: FreeQuebec86
Police is using a tactic ( FINALLLLLLLLLLLY ) that been use in the Student Unrest in Quebec.

They "rush" to trouble maker, take them, and leave the group.

This tactic make the media think the police is "rushing/attacking". They every time police talk they are : OMG THEY RUSH

Then calm is back. Police started yesterday a bit.

In Quebec, police even had a "special squad" that photo and studied the "more aggresive protestant" and arrest them before they did anything.

I saw it with my eye !!! A couple of looking anarchist arrest for nothing.

Police here too at the end of the night, "trap" the remaining manifestation, then they arrest all people. Like last night.

It's MORE a police/anti-riot tactic then before.

Their police dept got a memo that they were bad.

Seems exactly like what they are doing...pretty smart too.

Should be that way...take the trouble makers, let everyone else be.

Tim just went down again...he noted Amenesty obervers are leaving, speculating they think it will get too intense.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

He is on the other side of the street. Tim doesn't like being told where he can and can't report from

link   
All these gun for bottle water... In Quebec unrest, NONE police men in front line were armed. Pepper spray and shield and stick...

But in Quebec the population dont have guns like USA.

Maybe cops are scare to get shot, but they dont have to aim gun at bottle thrower and a crowd. Should be just when they see a arm guy.

But eh, USA-way is the right way ? xD

link   

they were pushed back with all the other press

Actually, the press was told to go to the Target but it would seem that a good portion of the press did not do that. They aren't at the Target, that's for sure.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Woman being arrested at McD's on CNN...a good point...couple Cops have guns pointed toward the ground but at a ready enough position to draw

link   
Legal observer arrested

link   
National Guard just took somebody ??

Oh Oh

Testing 1-2-3

edit on Aug-20-2014 by xuenchen because:

link   

If you say so... but looks to me like he's on the opposite side of the street from where media was told to report to.

He was with the Amnesty International group over there. I didn't get a good look (eyeballing CNN on the boob tube, too) but I think there's one or two other sets of media crews over there, going in the staging area direction. I'd assume if they're going that way, they won't be scrutinized as much as they would be if they were in the crowd. Not like they could do much with the SWAT line over up the road from them anyway.
edit on 8/20/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
So the NG is actively involved in the arrests tonight?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Where did you see that ??

new topics

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join