It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Jay Nixon signs exec. order to send Missouri National Guard to Ferguson

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The United States has begun an inexorable slide towards a state of Marshall Law.
For those that believe it is impossible, the death of freedom will be by a thousand cuts.
Remain aware, it is a reality and will likely spread.
Homeland Security is ready for it, are you?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

This community would have been much safer and protected their own if the occupying army (police) had withdrawn completely. The police have been the blanket aggressors in these instances and should be relieved of their duties. People have lost their rights and I firmly believe this could have been avoided if the police had handled this correctly.

And how do you explain the original rioting and looting that happened on 8/9 and 8/10? The police had not fired a single tear gas canister or rubber bullet at that point. There were no outside elements in Ferguson at this point...this was not a national issue at that point.

Was that all the police's fault too?

Why is it so hard for you to admit that this is not a simple peaceful protest?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Everyone is focused on the rights of the protesters but what about the other people who want nothing to do with them?

Not all the people in that community are jobless and I'm sure they would like a night without people shouting and honking their horns.

The people in that area need to stay home for a couple of days so everyone can cool down and let the investigators do their jobs so we can finally get the answers.

link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
a reply to: kruphix

7 Killed, 29 Wounded in Spate of Weekend Chicago Violence

That is the standard Monday morning headline from NBC Chicago today.

Do you suggest we send the guard in there too? And everywhere a criminal element exists?

The criminal element gets the anarchy they crave when you gas and shoot rubber bullets and create chaos on the streets through police action that was not targeted towards a criminal action but a population as a whole. No riots were happening until police started one last night.

Every city has a police action blotter daily. That doesn't mean it needs military caliber action to quell it.

Apples and oranges.

Those 7 killed and 29 wounded are spread out over a large geographical area (news flash...Chicago is big). And they are almost all separate incidents...not all happening on one block and coming from the same crowd.

The police didn't start a riot last night...the crowd advancing on the police line did. If you want to be a peaceful protest, sit your ass on the ground, on the sidewalk with your hands up and stay there for hours.

That isn't what this crowd is doing after dark...they are creating a mob and then slowly and aggressively advancing on the police lines. You can defend it all you want, but I won't and I'm glad the NG is coming in now to have more support for the police.

link   
In the information age I'm anxiously waiting for inside video from police, like locker room footage. We really don't know the mindset of the police. We know the mindset of protesters and even of looters as there is a ton of video footage. The only footage I have seen on the police side was the cop yelling "Bring it, F$%#$%$ Animals, Bring it". If this is the general mood of the police then its easy to see where we are at.

The officer that shot brown called for back up, he didn't call in a shooting, he didn't call in a ambulance. We know this from the tapes release by anonymous. Apparently from this recording the police involved shooting was called in by the press, not authorities.

waiting for more video
edit on 18-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

With the USA becoming more dictatorial, I believe this gonna be a common occurrence, Soldiers marching down the streets.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

Hurricane Katrina wasn't a protest unless it was actually Mother Nature addressing her grievances of us. lol

You are right, it was not a protest. However, it was still the same scenario with people acting like idiots, stealing, killing, raping...it was very much needed there, and I feel it is needed now in Ferguson, there are people destroying their own neighborhood, and I am sure that some residents are very fearful for their own safety.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: RedParrotHead

Normally I would completely agree with you which is why we allocate a percentage of our tax dollars to pay salaries and benefits for police in our communities. Normally.

What police have done in Ferguson is become the out of control and overly aggressive instigators who demonstrate they are inadequately prepared for crowd control. The community stepped in Friday night and protected businesses while police stood down and watched.

So yes, I believe if police had not rolled in Saturday again with armored vehicles, tear gas and more rubber bullets, which they specifically pledged they would not do, we would not be facing the crisis this has become.

edit on 18-8-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllSourceIntel

originally posted by: Thefarmer

originally posted by: Grimmley

originally posted by: Lipton

originally posted by: WhiteAlice
The National Guard is being sent to Ferguson, MO. When was the last time this happened for a protest? Please don't say Kent State. Not sure how I feel about this at all.

originally posted by: loam
I also expect *crickets* on any of the constitutional issues raised by the events of the last few nights. No one apparently really cares.

It's really hard to defend these people, given their actions....

Thank you, I was about to say the exact same thing. The actions of the people are not of a peaceful nature, when you start throwing rocks, Molotov cocktails, shooting, and looting, arson, and shouting death to cops, it is NOT a peaceful protest.

Grim

It was peaceful until the police started throwing tear gas and I wouldn't say the actions of a few constitutes the whole town losing there constitutional rights

Funny you should say that...Possible Provocateur? on Friday

When I 1st saw that pic I thought it was a bit staged

Protester throwing back a tear gas/smoke granade with an American flag tee on just looked a bit Hollywoody

But yes definitly think there were provocateurs making things worse
edit on Mon Aug 18 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: snipped quote

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I blame the police for the lack of transparency and proper procedure in the investigation which was the proverbial straw. Outrage was the result.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
Apples and oranges.

Those 7 killed and 29 wounded are spread out over a large geographical area (news flash...Chicago is big). And they are almost all separate incidents...not all happening on one block and coming from the same crowd.

So he's provided the apples.

Where are your oranges?

How many stores were burned/looted? How many people were shot?
edit on 11Mon, 18 Aug 2014 11:18:22 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago8 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
BTW if protesters threw molotov cocktails at the police last night why no fires on the ground? From any video footage of the event?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

All it takes is for word to get around that a white cop shot an unarmed black man, thrown in a few news cameras, and you have all the makings for some good ol' looting and rioting.

There are so many people on here with their own opinions and no facts. Let the police do their job. Let the feds do their job. If the cop shot him without cause, it will be on him.

But, I agree with many other posters who raise the facts at how black on black crime is running rampant, yet you hear hardly a word on the news and certainly no outrage/looting/rioting/Al Sharpton/Jesse Jackson either.

The people rioting/protesting/looting are opportunists....looking at how they can get back at the "man" or get what's theirs. Sick.

Everyone should just go home.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
BTW if protesters threw molotov cocktails at the police last night why no fires on the ground? From any video footage of the event?

Interesting. I was watching feeds from MSM last night (MSNBC and CNN) and there was a report that the LEOs claimed that shots were fired at them - provoking their response with tear gas etc.
I'm not any sort of firearms expert, but if any shots were fired at the police I would have expected at least one to hit something. Not hitting anything police owned would seem unlikely judging by the sheer numbers. Have the police shown any bullet marks in any of their property? I didn't see any ambulances at the scene (although I'm sure they were present, but out of shot).

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

This audio is perplexing. I don't think switching to the "riot channel" is a big deal as there was a reported crowd forming and I guess there are channels reserved all related calls so the people dealing with the situation aren't interrupted by "cat-in-tree" calls.

But why didn't the officer call an ambulance or report an officer involved shooting? Was he in shock or attempting to cover it up? Was it just a case of bad communication?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Protestors outside Ferguson, Mo. Police Department say the chief came over this morning, brought them donuts, and said they will get justice soon - @AntonioFrench

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

Bingo !!

People need to think about who and what ideals to support.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedParrotHead
a reply to: LDragonFire

This audio is perplexing. I don't think switching to the "riot channel" is a big deal as there was a reported crowd forming and I guess there are channels reserved all related calls so the people dealing with the situation aren't interrupted by "cat-in-tree" calls.

But why didn't the officer call an ambulance or report an officer involved shooting? Was he in shock or attempting to cover it up? Was it just a case of bad communication?

I would have thought the first thing a member of the PD would do after shooting someone,
is report back to base, ask for back up and EMT's.. Right?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet

Protestors outside Ferguson, Mo. Police Department say the chief came over this morning, brought them donuts, and said they will get justice soon - @AntonioFrench

A cop gave up the departments donuts? Great, they're going to have to call in the Missouri NG for the ensuing riot inside the PD.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Your expectations match my own. Its difficult to gauge however and part of the problem is the media and the surrounding media circus. CNN, (ratings basement dweller) will pump this story for all its worth for as long as humanly possible. But we've had the MSNBC Melissa Harris-Perry hand wringing weekend which pretty much proved up the extent to which Black academics are entirely out of touch with events on the ground.

The sooner they get this to the "show trial" stage, the sooner it'll disappear from view. Although, I think they managed to drag the Trayvon story out for about 6 weeks; by the time Sharpton hit the ground in Florida, it was pretty much over.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join