It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Jay Nixon signs exec. order to send Missouri National Guard to Ferguson

page: 113
<< 110  111  112    114  115  116 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: spirited75

None of what you wrote has been confirmed, unless you watch foxnews.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Man you know the whole story don't you?
Sounds like you were there and watched it happen with josie, oh wait, she wasn't there.
The fact you really think the officer fired 'warning' shots says a lot to me.
You don't fire warning shots in a neighborhood.

There is no end of story right now, and nothing you laid out is a fact.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

your 1,748,292 stars are not the truth either, but you will do nothing to correct it.

i believe the kid was a criminal and is dead due to proper law enforcement shooting him while he was committing a crime.

he for one placed the officer in immediate fear of his life and personal safety.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
...and the thread is back. Great updates guys!

Listen, let me sum up this entire situation and thread in one single song...5 minutes or less...

Correction, make that two...10 minutes or less

The man did have great music.
edit on 8/30/2014 by AllSourceIntel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

None of what you wrote has been confirmed, unless you watch foxnews.

None of what you wrote has been confirmed, unless you are prejudiced against law enforcement doing their jobs.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirited75

your 1,748,292 stars are not the truth either, but you will do nothing to correct it.

i believe the kid was a criminal and is dead due to proper law enforcement shooting him while he was committing a crime.

he for one placed the officer in immediate fear of his life and personal safety.

You have a right to believe whatever you wanna believe.

I believe there is a terrible race issue in the USA, and yes I believe this racism is on all sides not just white people.

I also believe being a police officer is a dangerous job, but when the laws only protect the officer then how can they protect anything but themselves?

oh and all the cops here today are wearing cameras....
edit on 30-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Man you know the whole story don't you?
Sounds like you were there and watched it happen with josie, oh wait, she wasn't there.
The fact you really think the officer fired 'warning' shots says a lot to me.
You don't fire warning shots in a neighborhood.

There is no end of story right now, and nothing you laid out is a fact.

the deceased criminal is now thought to have been under investigation for a second degree murder charge.

the gentle giant strikes again.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

And if you actually researched that you would know that wasn't even him!
It was a completely different person, so nice try.

And really the only people that actually call him the gentle giant is the ones using it ironically. Well and maybe his family but they have every right to describe their child as they see please, please respect their mourning process.
I'll say that he committed a crime at the store, rather a felony or misdo should have been up to the courts not us on the board so we shouldn't say either way .
edit on thSat, 30 Aug 2014 14:53:29 -0500America/Chicago820142980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
And 3 police officers are no longer police officers because of threatening the public and racist comments...

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Well it sounds like this group wants special treatment. Tough, they have to wait until a grand jury decides if there's evidence proving the shooting was not justified!

We demand that Darren Wilson, the officer involved in the shooting death of Michael Brown be immediately fired from Ferguson police department instead of remaining on paid leave. We demand Darren Wilson be charged and vigorously prosecuted for the murder of Michael Brown.

www.blackisbackcoalition.org...

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

I don't recall if I have called for the arrest of Darren Wilson personally. I think the police kill too many civilians white, black, latino....

I'm more against the police state in general. I'm pro constitutional rights that we no longer have. I love it when the people rise up against this police state, this is what fighting for your rights looks like. The question is will it change anything? I certainly hope so, because the next step is ugly.

After watching the police attack the protesters, this proved to me that we really have no rights, but since then the police have done a better job, but only because the brave live streamers got video out of the police actions, or this protests would have been crushed by the local authorities...

So I think the problem is public safety laws and police training, so this issue won't go away, even if it dies down in Ferguson it will continue to rise up until laws are changed and the people regain there rights.

oh and I'm standing by until the next Bundy ranch happens because we have no rights. WE Have No Rights!! all of us, and the bad guys in both Ferguson and Bundy ranch are the government...

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Our police forces received "special recognition" by the U.N. on Friday.

U.N. urges U.S. to stop police brutality after Missouri shooting

GENEVA (Reuters) - The U.N. racism watchdog urged the United States on Friday to halt the excessive use of force by police after the fatal shooting of an unarmed black teenager by a white policeman touched off riots in Ferguson, Missouri.

Noureddine Amir, CERD committee vice chairman, said in a news briefing:

"This is not an isolated event and illustrates a bigger problem in the United States, such as racial bias among law enforcement officials, the lack of proper implementation of rules and regulations governing the use of force, and the inadequacy of training of law enforcement officials."

These are not findings to be proud of in this country. Let's be better than this. These ongoing protests are demanding that we be better too. People have had enough.

source

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This article comes from the untrustworthy NY Times, so take it with a grain of salt.

Organizers at the rally on Saturday called on demonstrators to drive on Interstate 70 and other area highways at 4:30 p.m. Monday, turn their hazard lights on and stop their vehicles for four and a half minutes to symbolize those four and a half hours that Mr. Brown’s body lay in the middle of the street. “We’re going to tie it down, going to lock it down,” Anthony Shahid, one of the lead organizers of the rally, told supporters from the stage at a Ferguson park. “I want the highways shut down. I know it’s a holiday, but it won’t be no good holiday.”

The march and rally were organized by a coalition of black activists and leaders largely from the St. Louis region, including state legislators, lawyers, and representatives of the Nation of Islam, the N.A.A.C.P., the New Black Panther Party and the Green Party. Organizers with the group, called the Justice for Michael Brown Leadership Coalition, said they wanted Saturday’s event to be a peaceful gathering and had coordinated some of the logistics with city, county and police officials. For much of the march and rally, the police had a very light presence compared with the show of force they had made at other protests. “They’ve already seen the whole world look at the missteps that they made, how they handled the black community like an army going to war in Iraq,” said Akbar Muhammad, an organizer of the demonstration and a top aide to Louis Farrakhan, leader of the Nation of Islam. “If they had any sense, they will handle it in a tactful manner.”
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Love the description of the "Tank the tank" T shirt. Indeed.

It's good to see elected officials overruling police protests and getting rid of a tank we now know would be used against peaceful protesters. It's a start.

Citing Unsettling Ferguson Images, Davis Police Department to Return Armored Vehicle

By Veronica Rocha, Los Angeles Times

30 August 14

Davis, Calif., city officials have directed the police department to return a surplus U.S. military armored vehicle to the federal government after residents, citing images seen during protests in Ferguson, Mo., expressed fears of militarization.

The Davis Police Department now has 60 days to get rid of a $689,000 Mine Resistant Ambush Protected armored vehicle, which police acquired through a U.S. Defense Department program, and must consider other rescue vehicle options.

"I am opposed to the investments that are made and then the results of those investments flowed back to our community in ways that may not hurt our community in a physical sense by are destructive in terms of not increasing our security but increasing our anxiety," Councilman Robb Davis said at a council meeting Tuesday.

A large crowd attended the meeting to protest the acquisition of the armored vehicle, including a man wearing a "Tank the Tank" T-shirt.

Concerns over police militarization were heightened after law enforcement used heavily armored vehicles and other military gear to confront protesters in Ferguson.

Davis police Chief Landy Black countered that the armored vehicle was unfortunately needed for police protection in high-risk situations.

sou rce

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
All that "Better than Baghdad" military hardware, but it takes private donors to finally get cameras on the police. Now if the departments would biggie up for dash cams...and training on how NOT to point weapons at peaceful protesters.

Ferguson police get body cameras after shooting

FERGUSON, Mo. (AP) — Police in the St. Louis suburb where a white officer shot and killed an unarmed 18-year-old will soon wear body cameras while on patrol.

KMOV-TV reports that Ferguson police are being trained to use and wear the battery-powered cameras, which record both audio and video

A private company donated three body cameras after the August 9th shooting death of Michael Brown Junior by Ferguson officer Darren Wilson. Ferguson police recently bought two cameras, and another private company is donating 50 more cameras — enough to provide one camera for each of the city’s 53 officers.

source

It is also worth noting that not only did the officer in Michael Brown's shooting fail to fill out the required incident report, the watch commander also failed to file the required Use of Force report.

What we now can state firmly in addition to this is that Ferguson Police also do not have a Use of Force Report that their policies required to be produced – not by Officer Wilson but by the Watch Commander on duty that day.

Ferguson is deliberately violating both the laws and its own policies to prevent any information from being produced and made public that could be used to hold Officer Wilson to account for his actions. This is a serious problem of cover up, abuse of authority, and contempt of the law by both the Ferguson and St. Louis County Police Departments. Given the evidence there is ample reason for the public to have little, or no, confidence or trust in either of these agencies.

source

edit on 30-8-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
There was a march in Washington DC today on the Capital.
Earlier today there was another rally in Ferguson this issue
is not going to die.

Today the focus was on staying organized & planned.
Tomorrow every where at 4:30pm people are suppose
to put their flashers on to show respect...that is what
is done at funerals. They are going to keep continuing
this every day at 4:30pm.

These are the main contacts for info: handsupdon'tshoot.com
& handsupunited.org.

Live right now...new.livestream.com...

Cheers
Ektar

edit on 3182014 by Ektar because: left out important info

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Ektar
I will not be one of them. It will die off soon. You'll see.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Police aren't supposed to be judge, jury and executioner. They are supposed to stop suspects with only as much force is necessary (not excessive use of force) and apprehend them for the courts to determine an outcome. Several gunshots (to me) is more than excessive, it's criminal. But they are saved from prosecution because they are police.

There are FAR too many instances of people being shot dead by police in the USA for NO GOOD REASON. There is no clear evidence the police were in any imminent danger. I absolutely believe they were just trigger happy and killed him in cold blood then they start the cover-up process. They get their stories straight (or more accurately they get their stories 'crooked'), they sit on information that could show their stories aren't true, etc. Do all cops do this all the time? Of course not - but this is becoming normalized and that is horrifying. Normalized that it's justified to shoot and kill someone because they 'suspect' him/her of something. How would you feel if it was you or your son/brother this happened to? Being a 'suspect' does not make you guilty and does not give police permission to kill.

What needs to happen is the Captains at every precinct needs to get a stern warning on reigning in their patrols and proper procedures and even better where cops get trained needs to stop this military attitude of us vs them mentality they instill and the encouragement to cover your partner's butts.

Some 300 people in the USA have been tasered to death in recent years. I have no idea how many have been shot to death but the numbers are more than they should be. "If" this guy was a bona fide suspect (which I don't believe he was) he should have been detained and if appropriate arrested, not "shot dead". "If" this guy was actually wielding a knife (which I don't believe he was) he could have been shot in the leg and forced to fall. "If" this guy was actually wielding a knife and was shot in the leg and continued to fall towards the officers they could have simply stepped aside and shot again in the leg. Is absolutely ridiculous to justify this killing on any level.

Do you recall hearing about the cops who shot the deaf wood carver because he was carrying a small knife walking across a street and didn't respond to their demands to stop (because he was deaf)? They shot him in the back and killed him. Did you hear about the four cops in Canada that tasered an immigrant to death at the Vancouver airport because he was agitated and couldn't speak english? They got off completely and were it not for someone who filmed the incident on their cell phones their lies (that he was attacking them) would never have been known...

There's a mentality out there with cops that is scaring the crap out of people - we're supposed to have rights but we don't. They're supposed to have protocols but they don't. The USA (and Canada) are shameful in how the police are treating people (and getting away with it). All you have to do is look to Europe or Greenland or most other countries and see a huge difference.

It's deplorable and should NEVER be condoned. They are not supposed to be death squads!

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
And my prediction is even if the cop goes to a hearing he'll be found justified in some way, shape or form. He won't be found 'guilty', they don't admit mistakes or punish cops that abuse their powers - the police forces are taught to protect each other. I hope the entire continent rises up against all the abuse of power happening in both countries. Canada is no better than the US in this, are many cases of cold killing they get away with especially with natives and mentally disabled.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
This incident is a tool to manipulate the ignorant masses...

Hey what about ....

new topics

top topics

<< 110  111  112    114  115  116 >>

join