It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Jay Nixon signs exec. order to send Missouri National Guard to Ferguson

page: 108
<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
NewsRevo is live already! Some sort of inside-gathering, seems to be a memorial or whatnot.

Edit: Ferguson Town Hall meeting!
edit on 25-8-2014 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The meeting lasted a good while & was
standing room only...it was packed & everyone
seemed to be together & spoke smartly.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Tonight, I am committed to you, Ferguson. I have my tile-tabs of live streams open (thanks to a previous poster!); I am focusing on justice against police brutality in Ferguson; I am opening no tabs that might boil my blood. Tonight, I am putting all my personal stuff away and focusing on the subject at hand: justice for Mike Brown, Ferguson, and peace IF IT IS ATTAINABLE. That is all. I love y'all in this thread; I love you for focusing on justice for all. Help me tonight, and let's stay on-topic and on-thread: justice for Mike Brown in Ferguson, MO. Because I know now how the "peaceful protesters" got angry and violent; it just takes *one thing* on the wrong day. Just.One.Thing. To set us *all* emblazoned in a "flame of glory." Let's all encourage peace, tonight, for Mike and his parents who buried him today.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Ektar

It was so awesome! I heard so many great speeches; some longer (and encouraged to be shorter, lol) than others.
So happy to see such eloquent voices in the community.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 00nunya00

I also enjoyed the mix of people not just black,
white, but women spoke, the youth spoke, &
the elders. It was beautiful & I really hope they
can start to bring change to the community.

People were reaching out to really help each other.

What live feeds are up? I closed most of mine since they
were down. Thanks!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

None yet so far since NewsRevo on the Town Hall; I am totally focused on reporting them tonight. Will report new ones ASAP.

I love y'all. Brothers, my brothers; sisters, my sisters.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
i watched the funeral earlier. I could see the pain in his fathers eyes, being a father of 6 three of which are boys it was tough. Not sure I would have the strength to not lose my temper. I will be watching as well tonight as time permits.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
There might not be anything tonight as I am pretty sure I heard
a news blurb at some point re the family requesting no protesters
today since it was the day of Mike's Funeral. It may also
be why "I AM MIKE" is off the air tonight. I know he was
at the funeral earlier.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

A lot of differing accounts of this today, and the night before, especially on Twitter; people saying Mike's family never called for "no protests" today but rather just "peace" and that was twisted by some outlets. We shall see where it goes! Hopefully......something, but peaceful, in Mike's name.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Thanks, I don't tweet...& don't know all the
latest lingo either...LOL!

I hope it will be nice & quiet, I think they
need wee break. There's always tomorrow.
Nice break for the BBQ Man too.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
New audio = 11 shots?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

WOW.

I bet we start hearing that the "audio" is tampered with.

Assuming there was 11 shots, where did all those come from ?

A second shooter ?

Wilson's gun ?

Hmmm.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Definitely interesting. I looked up how many rounds can be in a LEO's gun and 11 is certainly possible.

CNN is still waiting for confirmation.

CNN cannot independently verify the authenticity of the tape and has asked the FBI for confirmation of their interview with the man who made the recording.

www.cnn.com...

I hear:

Shot 1.....slight pause.....6 rapid shots.....longer pause.....single shot.....slight pause.....3 rapid shots.
edit on 25-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Can we have the context about this "11 shots" audio? What is this referring to? Obviously it was already after Mike Brown, right? I'm slow tonight, sorry.

Wait, this is an audio recording of the Mike Brown shooting? WTF? How is there audio, but not video?
edit on 26-8-2014 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

"Mutual friend"? This is a recording of some radio broadcast, yes? Anyone have any context for this?
edit on 26-8-2014 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Hmmm, where did the other five bullets go if there were only 6 in the victim?
How many bullets were in the clip? Anyone know what sort of weapon the FPD use?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

Hmmm, where did the other five bullets go if there were only 6 in the victim?
How many bullets were in the clip? Anyone know what sort of weapon the FPD use?

I'm assuming they were "missed" bullets, if this is indeed a legit copy of the shooting audio. That's why I want the context so badly!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Definitely interesting. I looked up how many rounds can be in a LEO's gun and 11 is certainly possible.

CNN is still waiting for confirmation.

I hear:

Shot 1.....slight pause.....6 rapid shots.....longer pause.....single shot.....slight pause.....3 rapid shots.

Curious. If this recording turns out to be legitimate...
Brown was struck 6 times if the autopsy report by Dr. Baden is correct. Two assumed final shots struck him in the head.

We know Wilson fired his weapon while Brown and Johnson ran away. Supposing the slight pause was after the gun discharged in the vehicle, and suppose he turned around during the longer pause... at least two shots that struck Brown were during the initial rapid discharge, if my math adds up?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
More on the context of the recording is here, sorry for the delay...

Forensic audio expert Paul Ginsberg analyzed the recording and said he detected at least 10 gunshots -- a cluster of six, followed by four.

"I was very concerned about that pause ... because it's not just the number of gunshots, it's how they're fired," the man's attorney, Lopa Blumenthal, told CNN's Don Lemon. "And that has a huge relevance on how this case might finally end up."

The man, who asked that his identity not be revealed, lives near the site of the shooting and was close enough to have heard the gunshots, his attorney said.

He was speaking to a friend on a video chat service and happened to be recording the conversation at the same time Brown was shot, Blumenthal said.

The attorney said she learned of the man's recording late last week from a mutual friend.

"I had to get his consent before I could reach out to the FBI," Blumenthal said.

CNN cannot independently verify the authenticity of the tape and has asked the FBI for confirmation of their interview with the man who made the recording

More on CNN

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt
I can't remember which thread I posted a link to an article which stated Officer Wilson's weapon is a Sig Sauer P226 .40 caliber. It is most likely equipped with a 15 round magazine. The largest magazine for that caliber.

The SIG P226 is a full-sized, service-type pistol made by SIG Sauer. It is chambered for the 9×19mm Parabellum, .40 S&W, .357 SIG, and .22 Long Rifle. It is essentially the same basic design of the SIG P220, but developed to use higher capacity, staggered-column magazines in place of the single-column magazines of the P220. The P226 itself has spawned further sub-variants; the P228 and P229 are both compact versions of the staggered-column P226 design. The SIG Sauer P226 and its variants are in service with numerous law enforcement and military organizations worldwide.
en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join