It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Jay Nixon signs exec. order to send Missouri National Guard to Ferguson

page: 107
<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
My kid kicked me off my main computer which is usually command central. And this android tablet doesn't like to stream too well. Will be watching for updates from here though. Good to see some still sticking around in this thread.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
NewsRevo online, sweet! Doing interviews now, pretty peaceful so far.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Twitter @Crewof42

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Occupt IT! online now too

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Where are the white people? I can think of 4 off my head... 3 in portland and 1 in arizona

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: palmalBlue2

Where are the white people? I can think of 4 off my head... 3 in portland and 1 in arizona

It's just more fuel to make it white vs black, I've come to expect things like that throughout this whole debacle.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Please don't start the race issue. Police brutality is a concern no matter who is victimized. There is already a thread for discussion of whether white people or black people being victimized by cops is more "special." (See the "white teen killed by non-white cop" thread). This thread is about the Mike Brown protests. That is all. Let's not get off-topic.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaosComplex

It's just more fuel to make it white vs black, I've come to expect things like that throughout this whole debacle.

Really? I think most people in this thread that support the protesters are white. In fact, most people on this forum are white. I'm a white chick. Want to do a race-roll-call, or can we drop the dirt on our shoulder?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Ferguson Police Officer Justin Cosma Hog-Tied And Injured A Young Child, Lawsuit Alleges

WASHINGTON -- A Ferguson police officer who helped detain a journalist in a McDonald's earlier this month is in the midst of a civil rights lawsuit because he allegedly hog-tied a 12-year-old boy who was checking the mail at the end of his driveway.

According to a lawsuit filed in 2012 in Missouri federal court, Justin Cosma and another officer, Richard Carter, approached a 12-year-old boy who was checking the mailbox at the end of his driveway in June 2010. Cosma was an officer with the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office at the time, the lawsuit states. The pair asked the boy if he'd been playing on a nearby highway, and he replied no, according to the lawsuit.

Then, the officers "became confrontational" and intimidated the child, the lawsuit claims. "Unprovoked and without cause, the deputies grabbed [the boy], choked him around the neck and threw him to the ground," it says. The boy was shirtless at the time, and allegedly "suffered bruising, choke marks, scrapes and cuts across his body."

The 12-year-old was transferred to a medical facility for treatment, but the lawsuit says Cosma and the other officer reported the incident as "assault of a law enforcement officer third degree” and “resisting/interfering with arrest, detention or stop."

Jefferson County prosecutors "refused to issue a juvenile case" against the young child, the suit says.

The allegations against Cosma were made in September 2012, shortly after he was introduced as a new officer at a Ferguson City Council meeting. Jefferson County is just south of Ferguson.

It doesn't end there...

Cosma isn't the only officer whose past has received new attention in the wake of the shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown and the subsequent protests in Ferguson. Eddie Boyd III, an officer who faced allegations of hitting children while serving under the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department, quietly resigned and sought employment with the Ferguson Police Department. Boyd faced three complaints of physical abuse against children between 2004 and 2006, two of which were dropped. Internal affairs sustained the third complaint against Boyd, saying there was sufficient evidence to support the allegation that he struck a 12-year-old girl in the head with a pistol, and recommended Boyd be fired. The St. Louis police chose to demote him.

Less than a year later, a teenage boy alleged that Boyd hit him in the nose with a gun, and the officer quietly resigned from his role at the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department. His license was not revoked in the ensuing lawsuit. Boyd was hired by the Ferguson Police Department sometime between July 2009 and December 2010.

It doesn't end there either.

Read more here

These militarized police chose to go after the journalists in Ferguson covering the shooting of Mike Brown. Because they did this though, lots of digging is going on into police brutality. That's one thing to be thankful for...even as the stories they are uncovering show how horrible it is. Shine a light and end this out of control behavior.

(post by 00nunya00 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: palmalBlue2

You are welcome to share those as well. The photo is a disturbing Tweet I found. It has become obvious that police will use every means at their disposal to exert their authority and control. Tear gas and rubber bullets and more were used against citizens of every color and age. We have a police problem in this country, in addition to the outrages committed against predominantly African American citizens. The statistics speak loudly about what people have endured.

This is everyone's problem which is why people of all backgrounds are standing up together. It is long overdue.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 00nunya00

Really? I think most people in this thread that support the protesters are white. In fact, most people on this forum are white. I'm a white chick. Want to do a race-roll-call, or can we drop the dirt on our shoulder?

I don't really care who the supporters are and what their races are. That banner is full of black individuals while there are countless whites who have met similar fates as Mike Brown, i.e. cops going too far. The fact that those individuals are not represented tells me that the people who are holding that banner see it as 'cops pushing around black people', not 'cops pushing around the citizens'.

Unless I missed something and those are all people killed in Ferguson by the police...

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I don't really care who the supporters are and what their races are. That banner is full of black individuals while there are countless whites who have met similar fates as Mike Brown, i.e. cops going too far. The fact that those individuals are not represented tells me that the people who are holding that banner see it as 'cops pushing around black people', not 'cops pushing around the citizens'.

Unless I missed something and those are all people killed in Ferguson by the police...

95% of all TV shows and commercials are full of white-only people. Do you always ask "where are the black people" when you see that? Just because a meme is full of black people doesn't mean it's racist. "Racist" means you believe one race is superior. The banner says nothing about black people being superior. It simply highlights a bunch of police brutality cases, and they all happen to be black. Care enough about white people who have been victims of police brutality and make your own meme, and we will applaud it here, too.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Harry Link live now

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

95% of all TV shows and commercials are full of white-only people. Do you always ask "where are the black people" when you see that? Just because a meme is full of black people doesn't mean it's racist. "Racist" means you believe one race is superior. The banner says nothing about black people being superior. It simply highlights a bunch of police brutality cases, and they all happen to be black. Care enough about white people who have been victims of police brutality and make your own meme, and we will applaud it here, too.

Please show me where I said anything about being racist. Black vs white doesn't imply anything racist, it only implies a very obvious division. And just a little FYI, I do happen to wonder about why the few things on tv I watch are the way they are.

Please don't throw statistics at me without citation, especially when you choose 95% as your stat.

"77% of statistics are made up on the spot"

See what I did there?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Harry Link live now

My favorite streamer so far.

I enjoy debating you, so please lets keep our discussions civil and respectful. You are one of the few members that I have encountered on ATS whose opposing views resonate with me. Let's both stay classy, shall we?

Link is broken, BTW.
Harry Link
edit on 8/24/2014 by ChaosComplex because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/24/2014 by ChaosComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Harry Link live now

My favorite streamer so far.

I enjoy debating you, so please lets keep our discussions civil and respectful. You are one of the few members that I have encountered on ATS whose opposing views resonate with me. Let's both stay classy, shall we?

Link is broken, BTW.

Crap, let me try again: Harry Link

I hear you. I honestly think I saw "race" in your post and trying to skim while listening to 3 livestreams is hard, lol. I apologize for the mistake. I just think that when we bring up race or anyone's color of skin when in a discussion like this, it just leaves that "racist" taste in everyone's mouth. I hear you on the issue that *everyone* needs to be represented when it comes to police violence, but right now, in this case, because it's a black man that's the subject of these protests, I'm a little gun-shy about the race issue. And I support this protest because cops need to be reigned in so they don't shoot my white son when he turns 17, because he WILL make stupid mistakes and run into LEO if he's my son, lol. So I just want to stick to the main topic of police brutality, and not race, you know?

Peace, man. I respect you. Thanks for the olive branch.

(post by 00nunya00 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 00nunya00

WOW! that is incredibly nice & not cheap.
Thanks for posting, maybe people will chip in.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ektar
a reply to: 00nunya00

WOW! that is incredibly nice & not cheap.
Thanks for posting, maybe people will chip in.

Cheers
Ektar

No kidding; he's feeding them PROTEIN, meat! That ain't cheap at all. I hope his BBQ truck takes off for-profit after the protests are done; he deserves it! He asked especially for donations of single-bottles of water, as many get out there and don't realize how dehydrated they will get from marching in the heat and chanting (or yelling, in some cases of chant-leaders, lol!) He's got a great head on his shoulders, very concerned for the kids out there.

top topics

<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join