It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Jay Nixon signs exec. order to send Missouri National Guard to Ferguson

page: 106
<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
As far as I know it was a quiet & peaceful evening
among the protesters.

Right now there is some concert showing on
"I AM MIKE"...is that in Ferguson? It says live
but we know now LOL! that it might not be.

Cheers
Ektar

Edit....ok that is Live from St Louis.
edit on 2482014 by Ektar because: more info

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Man, I missed your post when I replied to the one before, this is terrifying for me as a mom. I got pulled over for doing 6 over the speed limit in a residential one time, and just the fact that I was stopped was terrifying to my toddler-at-the-time daughter, I can't imagine if I had been put in cuffs. Something needs to change. PDQ.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice
How did it go last night? I had to crash as I was getting ill. Still the same?

Ugh, same, the kids and I all have colds. Kindergarten is gonna be the death of me.

It's actually cool now in Ferguson, because the protests are allowing people to have debates, sometimes even heated, about the issues they are dealing with but without a simple scuffle turning into a riot. I have mixed feelings on this, as I'm sad at how many people have dropped out of watching and caring because it's now just discussions about Malcolm X and such, but I can't regret the fact that no one is losing their lives or being harmed just for protesting. I hope that they never stop protesting until the issues in their community are resolved, so maybe the media can pick the story back up as "unending protests disrupt community to bring real change" and the end result is relief from police oppression for the community there and around the country. I don't have high hopes, though. Tomorrow is another work/school day, and people need to pay the bills. I think it's up to us to help them with that so they can continue to ensure justice is served in Ferguson and everywhere else. If this succeeds in being a big enough issue to make other police departments make fundamental changes to how they police, then I will give as much of my kids' food money as I can spare by cutting corners and buying generic, as I can. This is worth it. They will be stupid teenagers one day, and I will be grateful if they are given the benefit of the doubt when LEO deals with them, as I was when I was a teen.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Thank you for the update. I hope the mother's wishes are respected as well.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
UPDATE This is "The Peace Fest"...besides all the live
music they are talking about Michael Brown!
Pastor Fields just did a prayer & included "MB"

Rick Brown just spoke & included "MB"

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Does anybody know if the S.E.I.U. is going to march ?

Have they commented anything ?

How about any more big groups.

Maybe this is it?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 00nunya00

Thanks as well, nunya. I think the reason why it's dropped out of being watched is that it's been shifted off the media but that's just a guess. I'm not sure if it is because the media personnel there were considering themselves a problem and that's why they largely departed or if it was the criticisms being launched at them. Remember the discourse being exchanged by members of the press down there on their role?

I'm making sure that people are aware that the protesting is ongoing elsewhere. I had to drop due to illness. Pushing myself too far can cause serious health issues even if it's getting crappy amounts of sleep just watching what occurs. I'm a wimp. I hope that both the issues within Ferguson and those greater issues that the public was finally made aware of actually have some level of correction as well.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Right now they are talking about "Community Policing"
from the community.

There was alot of mainstream media there yesterday
for the NAACP Youth March. I don't have TV...I get everything
from the news here on ATS & others.

Sounds like they are having public officials from St Louis
speaking...sorry I am trying to grill at the same time...

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice

Thanks as well, nunya. I think the reason why it's dropped out of being watched is that it's been shifted off the media but that's just a guess. I'm not sure if it is because the media personnel there were considering themselves a problem and that's why they largely departed or if it was the criticisms being launched at them. Remember the discourse being exchanged by members of the press down there on their role?

I'm making sure that people are aware that the protesting is ongoing elsewhere. I had to drop due to illness. Pushing myself too far can cause serious health issues even if it's getting crappy amounts of sleep just watching what occurs. I'm a wimp. I hope that both the issues within Ferguson and those greater issues that the public was finally made aware of actually have some level of correction as well.

Totally, I hear that, take care of yourself or you can't help to spread awareness! My role, too, is not to be on the street but to spread these streams and updates to my friends and family who can also become aware and help the cause. We all have different roles to play, all just as important as the next. It's those who simply drop out because the "must-see TV" ended, that I take issue with.

Side note: I don't understand why the parents of Mike Brown would ask that protests not take place *at all* on the day their son is buried. Maybe "not show up to the funeral and protest", but I don't know if they realize that if protests end or lose significant steam, their son's killer will never be indicted, no matter how guilty he might be. No grand jury is going to re-ignite these flames once they've died, all they can do is to quell them by indicting the cop. Misguided request, in my humble opinion.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ektar
Right now they are talking about "Community Policing"
from the community.

There was alot of mainstream media there yesterday
for the NAACP Youth March. I don't have TV...I get everything
from the news here on ATS & others.

Sounds like they are having public officials from St Louis
speaking...sorry I am trying to grill at the same time...

Cheers
Ektar

That's a fraught subject. "Community policing" takes a group, and that group invariably becomes (or becomes known as) "a gang." There are already gangs policing the streets from those they feel are a threat to the community. And we know where that ends up.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
This new "Horn Band" is Bloody Smokin!
I am so glad I checked to see if the site
was up! This band is really good.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

It could be a move to restore the focus to the death of their son. If you have protests going on along the sidelines or the streets, then that will be a distraction really from the fact that the young man who died to spur those protests is being buried. It could also be a moment of silence request or a sign of fatigue in regards to being caught in the middle of chaos. Hard to say. I don't think it''ll necessary disrupt the protesting too badly. If anything, it may actually assure attendance at the funeral by those protesters in a moment of respectful peace. We'll see I guess.

Glad you're acting to remind people that it is ongoing. People tend to drift off focus and that takes the pressure off of those politicians in terms of making an actual concerted effort to change things. Rather ADD world we seem to live in sometimes.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Ektar

LOL, I know, I leave IAMB open on a tab during the day just to be sure, and this afternoon has been awesome! "Superstition!!!" Smokin band, indeed.
"Brick HAUSE!" xD

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

Not sure if you saw me post yesterday in regards
to the NAACP Youth March...the first loop was in
Total Silence for MB. The did 3 loops.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
OK the Peace Fest...Father of Trayvon Martin
is suppose to speak next...
OK band is good...drummer sucks!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: 00nunya00

LOL, I know, I leave IAMB open on a tab during the day just to be sure, and this afternoon has been awesome! "Superstition!!!" Smokin band, indeed.
"Brick HAUSE!" xD

Evening everyone,

Beeen busy babysitting for a friend so they could have some quality time and been having troubles with connection. Good to know everythng has been going smoothly for the most part with only minor hiccups. Even better knowing you guys are still on top of this.

I think asking for no protests is to show respect and I hope others respect their wishes but the protests do not lose thier momentum. It would be great if they showed their numbers at the funeral while being respectful for sure, that would send a statement...so long as the family is ok with that.

We will have company tonight for dinner and a movie so I will be in and out of conversation and might not get to see steams.

Nunya (and everyone else) if you are using Firefox (not sure if it is on other browser's) there is an addon Tile Tabs that allows to have tabs be tiled onto each other. It is great if you want to watch a stream and browse or keep up-to-date on here without switching back and forth.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AllSourceIntel

originally posted by: 00nunya00

"Brick HAUSE!" xD

Evening everyone,

Beeen busy babysitting for a friend so they could have some quality time and been having troubles with connection. Good to know everythng has been going smoothly for the most part with only minor hiccups. Even better knowing you guys are still on top of this.

I think asking for no protests is to show respect and I hope others respect their wishes but the protests do not lose thier momentum. It would be great if they showed their numbers at the funeral while being respectful for sure, that would send a statement...so long as the family is ok with that.

We will have company tonight for dinner and a movie so I will be in and out of conversation and might not get to see steams.

Nunya (and everyone else) if you are using Firefox (not sure if it is on other browser's) there is an addon Tile Tabs that allows to have tabs be tiled onto each other. It is great if you want to watch a stream and browse or keep up-to-date on here without switching back and forth.

Wow, super cool, I will check that addon out! It will make watching tonight's streams much easier, for sure. (Click, click, click, click, it's getting tiresome! LOL)

About the funeral: I've been through my father's funeral at Arlington; I was an emotional mess. Just the people there for tourism made me angry at the time, although, since, I have obviously come to understand and respect the fact that someday, *someone* will see my father's gravestone and not know him, but take a moment to pause and reflect for his sake. I hope the protesters leave Mike Brown's funeral alone, because the family deserves to be able to dissolve into a snotty crying mess like I did, in privacy and peace. We didn't even have a funeral when my brother died at 21, because it was all just too much for us to handle, and organizing some sort of public function where we had to shake hands and listen to how much the people who really didn't even know him that well were all "so sorry" that he had passed. The fact that Mike Brown's family has to deal with the media at all is sad for me, because they deserve to be able to just cry and get drunk on stiff vodka drinks and eat themselves to 50 pounds overweight like me and my family did in the wake of both of those deaths we had to deal with.

But if my brother or father had died in the manner Mike did, I would appreciate that *especially* on the day his young body was laid to rest, they did not take a single day off from making sure his killer was brought to justice. I would never be able to get out there and be part of the protest, and I would ask that they not bring it near my house so that I didn't have to suffer any more PTSD than I already had. But to know that people out there who cared about my son and the circumstances under which he died, were still caring enough to make sure his killer was indicted, especially on the day he went six-feet-under, would be a silver lining, for me personally. I'm not judging the family or the protesters or the people agreeing that they should take the day off, because everyone has different life-experiences and views to bring to this issue and they should all be respected. But my main hope is that one night off doesn't get the protesters' bums comfy on the sofa again and caught up with the primetime-TV they have missed. Because that would be the death of Mike Brown for the second time. So if they *do* take the day off, I hope they come back in even stronger numbers with a stronger voice that will never be silenced. Because we all deserve to make mistakes without dying for it.

Peace, y'all. If we can achieve justice through peace, then PEACE. If not, then "by any means necessary."

Edit: just for the lulz, cuz we all need them:
DJ Jazzy Jeff on Mike Brown
edit on 24-8-2014 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
There will be a MARCH next Saturday in Ferguson
with 3000 people from St Louis...just announced
from the St Louis Annual Peace Fest....

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
NewsRevo livestreaming the event right now! Gotta watch this channel, they seem dedicated!

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

At least we both have a live stream connection
so we can both monitor & post results.

Cheers
Ektar

top topics

<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join