It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange 'Could Be Planning To Surrender'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Julian Assange could be considering leaving the Ecuadorian embassy and handing himself in to police, Sky News understands.

After spending two years holed up inside the central London building, the Australian is holding a news conference this morning - when he is expected to spell out his next move.

Widespread reports suggest the WikiLeaks website founder needs hospital treatment for heart and lung problems.

But, under continuing surveillance since he requested political asylum from Ecuador in June 2012 and with police stationed outside the embassy around the clock, he will be arrested if he leaves.

Julian Assange 'Could Be Planning To Surrender'

Julian Assange may be considering leaving the embassy and surrendering to the police, amid reports that he is suffering from severe heart and lung conditions. He is allegedly suffering from arrhythmia, as well as chronic coughs and high blood pressure.

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has a serious heart condition but risks arrest if he leaves the Ecuadorian embassy in London to seek hospital treatment.

WikiLeaks supporters have told London newspapers that a lack of sunshine has also left the Australian with a Vitamin D deficiency that could result in other conditions such as diabetes and asthma.

Mr Assange already suffers from arrhythmia, or irregular heartbeat, a chronic cough and high blood pressure, reports the London Daily Telegraph.

Officials at the Ecuadorian embassy have asked for permission to take Mr Assange to hospital, but have had no reply from British authorities at the Foreign Office, it is claimed.

www.smh.com.au...

Ultimately, i do hope Assange chooses what's best for himself, and it is unfortunate to see that 2 years inside the Ecuadorian Embassy has taken its toll on him.

Julian Assange is expected to hold a news conference shortly, to outline his future plans.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Might a focused HAARP-attack also be responsible?

Either way, I think jail would be a more healthy environment than what he was stuck in already. But without internet access...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: corsair00
My question is to our ##TEA PARTIER## posters on ATS. Do you many of you still think Assange is false opposition?
Alex Jones and Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck etc.. all seem to think so!

edit on 18-8-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Aug 18 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Looks like more of a challenge to the legal system than a surrender. Like he said, he's never been charged with a crime and as the record shows that is the case.

Justice currently worldwide is a bit of a delusional concept so I suspect he will not do well.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
Looks like more of a challenge to the legal system than a surrender.

Assange has already exhausted the appeals process and will be put straight on a plane to Sweden. He can face his accusers, as he should have done two years ago.

He might plead he's too sick to travel.

Regards

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It is hard to believe Assange never once tried to escape on a rainy London night when no cops were around or the streets were busy , across the roof's or by the drain to a waiting private jet .

Maybe Bradley Manning should have given him tips as how to dress as a woman to escape

imposter mee thinks

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Then off to sunny America for a well earned vacation.

I don't think Sweden really wants him at all.

He will be sharing a cell with Chelsea Manning.

I always hoped he would escape.

I remember back in the days just before their assets were frozen, Wikileaks were going to expose the banking sector, starting with the Bank of America. I think it went pear shaped for Assange from that moment on.

edit on 18-8-2014 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

How CAN he be charged given that he has not been taken into custody ? Maybe that's the reason don't you think ?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: midicon
a reply to: paraphi

Then off to sunny America for a well earned vacation.

I don't think Sweden really wants him at all.

He will be sharing a cell with Chelsea Manning.

I always hoped he would escape.

I remember back in the days just before their assets were frozen, Wikileaks were going to expose the banking sector, starting with the Bank of America. I think it went pear shaped for Assange from that moment on.

Remember that shortly before they were going to break the BofA story they lost their documents. Makes you wonder just what was being kept hidden.

Anyways I think Assange has his publicity to protect him. He might end up in a Sweedish prison on trumped up charges but by virtue of not being a US citizen, and not doing his work on US soil he has broken no US laws. Not that the US won't try, but he's visible enough that he's not going to disappear.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Remember that shortly before they were going to break the BofA story they lost their documents. Makes you wonder just what was being kept hidden.
Anyways I think Assange has his publicity to protect him..

This^ Also, I always thought it was odd for Assange to go to England, of all places, 5 eyes and all. I'm still waiting for the guy to drop the motherload something that would benefit us commoners. Something earth shattering. Which i'm sure he possesses.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: sayzaar

Fair enough, however, there are all sorts of things the Swedish legal system can do now and could have done, even without charging him. Check this one out;

Swedish court convicts dead man for assault

Confidence inspiring and no mistake.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Looks like more of a challenge to the legal system than a surrender. Like he said, he's never been charged with a crime and as the record shows that is the case.

The only reason he hasn't been charged with a crime is because he has spent the past several years running from and evading it. He insists he is innocent, but won't go to answer questions or try to defend himself. Hmmm, not really the actions of an innocent man.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

The only reason he hasn't been charged with a crime is because he has spent the past several years running from and evading it. He insists he is innocent, but won't go to answer questions or try to defend himself. Hmmm, not really the actions of an innocent man.

Its obvious if he does go to answer questions in Sweden he'll be taken by US spooks and extradited to the US. Even they have advised the DOJ they want him in relation to wiki-leaks.

Also, no charges have been laid against him, and he has made himself available for questioning by means which others have been allowed to use.

If you look at the amount of security, money and time wasted on him you'd see that having sex without a condom has nothing to do with anything. This entire charade is because the UK and Sweden are under direct instruction from the US to get him and hold him until they arrive.

Lets not pretend like you didn't know that.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Its obvious if he does go to answer questions in Sweden he'll be taken by US spooks and extradited to the US. Even they have advised the DOJ they want him in relation to wiki-leaks.

Quite right too - he distributed classified documents. Do you honestly believe you or I would be treated any differently? In fact, I reckon we would, because we wouldn't be allowed to sit in the Ecuador Embassy for 2 years, we'd be turfed out straight away to face the music.

Also, no charges have been laid against him, and he has made himself available for questioning by means which others have been allowed to use.

Why, again, is he being held to a different standard to anyone else? If I am accused of a crime in Country A, then run to Country B, I wouldn't be able to insist Country A interview me in B, especially if a EU wide arrest warrant is out on me. It is perfectly normal (and happens every day) for the accused to be handed over to the investigating authorities, in this case, the Swedish Police.

He has had all the legal opportunity to fight the accusations here in the UK and has exhausted his appeal process against extradition. You cannot give him some special case status and not hand him over simply because of who he is, otherwise what message does that send?

"It's ok if your accused of sexual crimes in another country, because we won't send you to face the music as long as you have rich celebrity backers or dodgy Central American friends!"

If you look at the amount of security, money and time wasted on him you'd see that having sex without a condom has nothing to do with anything. This entire charade is because the UK and Sweden are under direct instruction from the US to get him and hold him until they arrive.

Lets not pretend like you didn't know that.

I couldn't care less if that is the case, because quite frankly he is guilty of offences in the US as well. Everyone knows handling documents you don't have clearance for, or disseminating them to people who do not, is something no country on Earth would tolerate.

If people engage in this sort of activity, this is the risk they take. The lucky few manage to flee to a country willing to provide asylum, usually the one wanting the documents in the first place, others do not and are punished for their treason.

It's like that Snowden chappy ATS get's all gooey for - hands over classified documents and Russian welcomes him with open arms, as if they are the bastion of personal freedom themselves. If the situation was reversed, mind you, you could bet they would have him killed and horribly, too.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

I don't agree, if your a whistle blower revealing crimes of a government then other nations (if indeed they are just) should do what they can to protect you. If they willingly bend over and take orders like the UK and Sweden are doing, then they are no better than the US them selves. The focus should be on what he has revealed, not these phoney boloney charges.

IF the charges were legitimate, then there is no reason Swedish prosecutors cannot question Assange in London, none at all. But they wont, they'll refuse all available legal avenues for Assange for one simple reason.

They don't care about the false accusations any more than we do. This isn't about answering questions this is about getting Assange into the open so he can be detained and delivered to the US.

There are murder suspects on the run who aren't under this much surveillance. Whats Assanges crime? apparently it is sex without a condom?.. tell me, if he committed a sexual offense against this young girl - why did she bring him breakfast the next day?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

I couldn't care less if that is the case, because quite frankly he is guilty of offences in the US as well.

The world needs more people like Assange. At least Ecuador gave him some breathing space for a time. He is not guilty of anything in the US, he is not a citizen. Dodgy central American friends...don't make me laugh...and Assange is not guilty of treason.

That Snowden 'chappy' didn't choose Russia as his asylum destination...America forced his hand. Probably just as well for him though as there are few places left in the world free from America's insiduous influence. His action were not treason...is it treason to expose corruption?

You should go in to mainstream politics...you would fit right in.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

There is no such thing as a "just" Government and nor is any Government on earth innocent of any crimes, so I'm not going to be naive and pretend so.

Bottom line is, he is accused of certain offences and, for some reason, has managed to evade facing those accusations when plebs like you and I would have no such chance. I care not for the details of it, for all I care, he could be accused of postal fraud much less any sex offences. Why should he be able avoid his accusers?

And with all the attention on him, I highly doubt the US is going to do anything that isn't above board and correct, so once again, if he isn't guilty of anything, why run?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

You don't have to be a citizen of a country to have committed crimes there - Christ, otherwise we'd all be going to America to pillage, rape and plunder! He has handled classified documents he had no right too, he knew the risks.

And yes, Russia might be free from "America's insidious influence", instead it is permeated with Russia's own "insidious influence". Don't be so naive to think one is any better than the other. Both have their own agenda's.

And I am pretty sure he didn't just "expose corruption", unless your definition of the word "corruption" is pretty much anything you don't like. The guy has a criminal record for hacking various organisations around the world, he has even been criticised by Human Rights Watch and Amnesty for what he exposed, which could have very well led to the deaths of hundreds, if not thousands of Afghans that worked with the NATO force.

But no, it's "poor old Assange" being persecuted for doing nothing but "exposing corruption" - let's just ignore the damage he has done to real people around the world.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Bottom line is, he is accused of certain offenses and, for some reason, has managed to evade facing those accusations when plebs like you and I would have no such chance. I care not for the details of it, for all I care, he could be accused of postal fraud much less any sex offenses. Why should he be able avoid his accusers?

Actually, plebs like you or I would be able to walk around freely if we slept with someone without a condom, because every court would throw it out - especially with such confusion, misreporting and back pedaling coming out of the accusers corner.

Assange taking refuge in an embassy has nothing to do with bogus charges in Sweden, he wouldn't need to take refuge in an embassy over these phoney charges. He has taken refuge because the US don't want him releasing any more 'secrets' revealing criminal act on behalf of the US government.

don't be naive!

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

He has handled classified documents he had no right too, he knew the risks.

No, he setup a medium for people to send evidence of a governments crime. He didnt steal, handle or leak the information.

As said, Julian Assange isn't wanted for his crimes. the DOJ isn't chasing Assange for his crimes, the DOJ are chasing wiki-leaks and its founders. Thus, Assange.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join