It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's my bloody life! Can | say bloody?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I am totally willing to be here. But when I can no longer take care of myself, then it is time to go, and I don't want any law or organization to tell me I am breaking a law if I exit before I die in a hospital attached to tubes. It is my life, and it is my body. Don't tell me how I should manage my last months. Butt out!

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Ah its never as bad as you think, whatever you might think there is ALWAYS some one doing worse who cares more.

You know when you are ment go? when you die naturally.

Till then do increasingly dangerous stuff, like go parachuting or base jumping, eat some raw fish, go sword fighting, surfing, race some cars, street luge, kill a bull, climb a mountain, dive, shoot something big and evil make friends with a lion.

And the best part? If you dont die you have an epic story.

link   
I totally agree and think that assisted suicide should be an option for anyone over 18 for any reason whatsoever.

Who is anyone to judge what another person can live with or even want to live with? Who is anyone to judge how much dignity lost is too much? Who is anyone to judge how long somebody should live in extreme pain? Who is anybody to decide that your pain is not bad enough to warrant a more peaceful exit?

The government DID NOT GIVE ANYBODY LIFE so they should not be allowed to say when that life can be terminated. Do what you need to do when the time comes. The government only thinks they have the right over your death because people ask them to give them the right to die. It's a God given right... Not a government one IMO.

It should be your body = your choice.

This is coming from someone who doesn't really believe in suicide (more for religious reasons). However... I do believe in your right to have your say over your life. That goes for everyone.
edit on 8/18/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: droid56
I am totally willing to be here. But when I can no longer take care of myself, then it is time to go, and I don't want any law or organization to tell me I am breaking a law if I exit before I die in a hospital attached to tubes. It is my life, and it is my body. Don't tell me how I should manage my last months. Butt out!

Ditto.

Context?

If you have Grim Reaper at your door then sorry to hear it. Tell him to f.ck off!!

Best

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

I'm not sure where you live, but I don't know what you're afraid of. Unless somebody calls an ambulance (and if you're living by yourself, no one will), I don't think there's a law requiring you to check yourself in to hospital. Besides, if someone says you're breaking a law, what kind of penalty can they impose? You'd be dead before trial.

There might be some pressure from your conscience, religion, or family, but it's up to you what you do with it.

As long as you can type or talk, you have a lot to share with the world.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Unfortunately I had just found today that someone I knew, who has terminal with lung failure, did ask to go because they didn't want to spend their last moments wasting away on a machine. If you are in a terminal situation, you are conscious, I don't believe anyone can say no. Otherwise you, in a hospital setting, you would have to check with your local area as some now legalized the option.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Many many years ago I worked in a nursing home. One of my favorite residents was an old college professor, her body had gone long before her mind, which was still sharp as a whip. I'll always remember the stacks of books beside her bed, and the first time she talked to me, she pegged the part of the country I was from based on an accent I didn't know I had. She could not take care of herself and required my help for basic things like going to the bathroom.

I loved to provide the care, have conversations with her and enjoy her wit. She had taught people her whole life, and this was her down time after decades of service, her time to think and relax and be, and be cared for.

And she was cared for. This care, like for so many seniors who can't take care of themselves anymore, came from a SUPREME moral authority. I would DARE any Wall Street jerk to say what you said, that it was time - after a long life of work - for her to die when she couldn't work any more. I would watch them be crushed by the wheels of moral truth.

I don't think this is the point you're trying to make, I think you are expressing a personal choice. But I still feel its important to say, you do have a choice, you have a personal value that goes beyond your contributions to the economy and some one else's pocket book. I think its really important to always remember that.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Euthinasia is a big ethical issue. There are states in the U.S. that require patients to refuse food. That's horribly painful.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Then get a living will written explaining - do not revive .. do not resuscitate... do not put on life support ..
Should be able get any lawyer to write one up or some hospitals have the forms there to fill out.
edit on 18/8/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18/8/14 by Expat888 because: meh.. typo.. grr

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs
That really isn't a helpful statement to someone who is suffering. It dismissive and invalidates the feelings of the sufferer. No one should have to suffer in agony against their will.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
a reply to: Biigs
That really isn't a helpful statement to someone who is suffering. It dismissive and invalidates the feelings of the sufferer. No one should have to suffer in agony against their will.

Suffering is all in the eye of the beholder.

If you think your life is that bad, go ahead throw yourself off a roof. But there are other ways.

Im starting to get old and all the things that were too dangerous to do as a young man are more acceptable now, i plan to make the most of life, but you cant do the dangerous stuff young, its not worth the risk.

When you start getting old and think life is over you are wrong, but you CAN start to do more dangerous #.

I didnt mean to sound depressive or incite bad ideas, thats just how i think about things. I do not wish anyone to end it all and do somthing dumb like just topping yourself. Enjoy what life you have, the older you get the more dangerous stuff you can do.

Ive never been parachuting before, but its on my bucket list for damned sure and if somthing goes wrong? Well i have no regrets.

new topics

top topics

join