It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Post by a Former Non-Believer. Daylight sighting Kelowna, BC, Canada. Mind BLOWN!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
If you quickly pause then play the video, you can see the object passes in front of the trees on the right of the screen as it appears in our field of view. I can't get a clear screen shot of it just as it comes into view, but it seems like the object is very small.

It's hard to see, it's almost invisible but if you look closely you can see the object first appears in front of the trees. Watch the video and do rapid pause/play cycles while watching the area I've highlighted. I'm going with bird or bug, which I'm sure is extremely common in the area.
edit on 8/18/2014 by ChaosComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

it looks to me as if it comes out of the cloud and drags some of it with it but my gut is that it is cgi.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: bottleslingguy

it looks to me as if it comes out of the cloud and drags some of it with it but my gut is that it is cgi.

Does anyone read a thread before posting anymore?

NOT THE METEOR/COMET LOOKING THING WAY UP IN THE SKY.

There is a cut to a white truck just after that, the object in question passes through the frame from right to left just as the man says "they're coming really fast" in regards to the erratic winds.

Come on, it's only one page of replies...

edit on 8/18/2014 by ChaosComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaosComplex

Good catch. Confirmation of what most of us thought.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: yourmaker

Of course the obvious thought is that some thing falling from the sky would go from top to bottom but the reality is that the earth is a sphere and meteors get pulled into its gravity so they dont enter the atmosphere at a right angle from all viewing positions. From some viewing positions they will even go from bottom to top.
edit on 18-8-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dawgishly
The commentary focuses on a UFO flying throw a small gap in the clouds and picking up a cloud contrail ( some say this is proof it is not Photoshopped.) IMHO that is likely a meteor. What can I say, I am a skeptic.

Watch closely when the video cuts back to the white forest service pickup truck. An object will move blindingly fast from right to left across the screen. It even looks vaguely metallic.

So you are NOT talking about the white object that the video focuses on, but rather you are talking about the black object that moves right-to-left in the scene with the white pickup truck.

I think it is possible that that black object is an insect. It may be the case that it appears to move very fast because it is close to the camera lens.

Here's why I think it could be an insect:
The closer an object is to the camera, the more quickly it would appear to move across the image frame. That's because the amount of image frame an object close to the camera needs to cross is far smaller than for objects farther from the camera. It would only take a fraction of a second for an insect close to the camera to cross the field of view, considering it needs to only cross a foot or so in that time.

edit on 8/18/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

a reply to: PLAYERONE01

OK that makes. It was weird that they cut to the white truck for seemingly no reason just when this thing streaks across "the sky" then they don't even comment on it.

As I said above, the black object you originally talked about looks like an insect.

However, in response to your comment about them "cutting away" from the white object...
It's not like this was a live feed with multiple cameras catching all of the action live, with some director in a TV truck deciding to switch back-and-forth between live camera feeds.

Instead, what this is is a bunch of footage that was filmed on site, and then edited together later. If they wanted to hide the white object (and I believe that is what you are implying when you say "it was weird that they cut to the white truck for seemingly no reason just when this thing streaks across 'the sky' then they don't even comment on it") by not calling attention to it, then they would have simply cut that part of the film during editing.

edit on 8/18/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

The video focuses and comments on a UFO moving through the clouds left to right. Probably a meteor as you said.

There is a second object shown when the video cuts to the white pickup truck. It is easy to miss because it is travelling extremely fast. Do you think that one is a meteor as well?

No, that is an insect crossing in front of the camera. Possibly a bird but based on the speed I am going with insect. As stated above it is visible in front of the trees. I have grabbed 10 frames and arrowed the bug/bird. It is not visible in two of the frames as the background is too dark (question marks).

Click for larger version.

edit on 18-8-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: yourmaker
Would a meteor that has already entered the atmosphere travel sideways and as a bright white light?

Or would it be closer to orange travelling downwards?

Depends on the angle of entry and composition of the rock. To me, it looks exactly like a meteor lots of people saw here, during the day, in Phoenix a few months back.

The difference between the meteor concept and CGI is the fact that the object appeared from the clouds...and its exit point was not a shatter...it just disappeared.

That said, nice idea for meteor...but meteors generally will disappear in a "flash" or burst. Could be a CGI blip. But I would't rule out birds if we kept insisting on meteors.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: yourmaker
Would a meteor that has already entered the atmosphere travel sideways and as a bright white light?

Or would it be closer to orange travelling downwards?

Depends on the angle of entry and composition of the rock. To me, it looks exactly like a meteor lots of people saw here, during the day, in Phoenix a few months back.

The difference between the meteor concept and CGI is the fact that the object appeared from the clouds...and its exit point was not a shatter...it just disappeared.

That said, nice idea for meteor...but meteors generally will disappear in a "flash" or burst. Could be a CGI blip. But I would't rule out birds if we kept insisting on meteors.

It doesn't disappear (at least not on the video as we are watching it). The video of that scene ends before the white object gets to the next cloud on the right, and the video switches to the next scene (the scene with the white pickup truck).

If you are talking about it disappearing from the scene labeled "Repeat: zoom", that's because the video loops back to the beginning again, with the label "Repeat: zoom & slow down". The white object doesn't disappear, but rather the video of its appearance repeats itself.

...unless there is some other video to which you are referring that I have not seen.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaosComplex

There is a cut to a white truck just after that, the object in question passes through the frame from right to left just as the man says "they're coming really fast" in regards to the erratic winds.

really? the bird? really? you're all fired up over a bird? why would you think it was anything other than a bird?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaosComplex

really? the bird? really? you're all fired up over a bird? why would you think it was anything other than a bird?

By asking if anyone read threads before replying, you got that I think it is something other than a bird...priceless.

Again, an example of where reading the thread would benefit you.

At the top of this page you will find my post, with (crappy) screenshots, describing why I believe it to be a bird or bug.

I was "fired up" because the meteor wasn't the object in question, within the first few posts from the OP that was made pretty clear, yet there was still speculation about the meteor.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Dawgishly

I will never get these people that can be satisfied with just seeing little dots in the sky.. same for those that watch the sky with the only purpose of seeing little pixels. When i can look at an alien right into the eyes and "shake hands", THIS will be worth it!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join