It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspected Case of Ebola in United Arab Emirates, Uganda On High Alert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Nigerian Woman Dies of Possible Ebola in UAE

A Nigerian woman died after showing symptoms of Ebola in the United Arab Emirates. Tests are currently underway to determine the cause.

Uganda On High Alert

Uganda is also on high alert after Kenya was placed on the "high risk of infection" list.

"In Uganda, we've alerted... every week, we alerted the population. We give an update on the status of Ebola in West Africa and still remind people to be alert, to be vigilant", said Anthony Mbonyi, an official with Uganda's Ministry of Health.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Yep, people, nothing to see here, move on like good little sheeple, there there.

It's not spreading, don't worry.

Go back to your internet wanderings and TV shows, play games on your smart phones

Remember, it's not airborne, just repeat after me, it's not airborne

Just because it can be caught from sneezes, it's not technically airborne.

Just because coughs and sneezes are probably how health care workers catch it, don't worry it's not technically airborne.
virologydownunder.blogspot.com...

Run along, like good little sheeple.

There is nothing to worry about, it won't spread to western countries, what, New Mexico, no, no, just go back to your iphone, now that's a good sheeple.

edit on 12Mon, 18 Aug 2014 00:29:11 -0500am81808amk181 by grandmakdw because: added source

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
There is really no reason to be so condescending. Just because people don't leap onto the doomtrain doesn't mean they are sheeple. The healthcare workers are overworked in a harsh environment, and are exposed to all sorts of bodily fluids. The symptoms from an Ebola victim are terrible.. and produce a heck of a lot of fluids that they can come in contact with.

It's not airborne at all. Being in the air for 2 seconds during a sneeze is quite different than a virus hanging out on dust particles and living in a room for 3 hours.

I think many people are cautious.. I am much more worried about this than H1N1, SARS, etc. But I am not assuming it will become a pandemic. Some of you seem not only to assume it will become a pandemic, but also act as if you WANT it to be. Which is very disturbing imo.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
thanks for the info. i have a couple friends that are to travel to Nigeria next week. one to work on a hospital, and the other to work in the hospital. just hoping they will be alright. and especially they don't say catch it just before they return to North America. any info helps.

top topics

join