Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Ferguson: A Thin Line Between Humanity and Animalism

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
"We've got anger inside us. Lots of it. Simmering and stewing and waiting for an excuse to let it blow. And if it's a good excuse--something big--something terrible, we're gonna go all the way. Watch us! We demand it! We've got something to prove... something to say... something to show the world. We've been wronged and we've been damned. We're turning into animals. The law means nothing anymore. It never really did. The law is just something we've agreed to. It's a piece of paper---easily ripped---easy torn and shredded and trod upon. We're about to prove it. Justice? We've seen your justice. We don't like the taste of it. There's a justice that sates a thirst for blood and violence that no courtroom can ever quench. Fu*k your justice. We have our own. Fu*k the rest of the world that follows that thin line--abiding by those scales of blind justice---it ain't blind. It sees... and it sees in color! We demand respect. No matter how we act. No matter what we do or say or teach the world and our children about ourselves. We're humans! We're people! We're somebody! And the only justice we know is the justice of the animal inside us. Inside us ALL. To eat. To kill. To steal. To destroy. Look at us! Watch us now! We demand respect! Humanity. Animals. What's the difference?!"
edit on 17-8-2014 by jupiter869 because: typo

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
U ok?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Have you tried decaf?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Wow this is pretty brilliant writing! Exactly what attitudes are out there too. I assume you're making tongue-in-cheek commentary on the barbarianism out there.

edit on 17-8-2014 by bootlug because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
It may be tongue in cheek, but there is a thread of truth in it. Of course there is a thin line. The only things that really separate us are we usually try to control our impulses, we work hard at hiding a lot of our impulses, we can judge others for not being able to control their impulses, and most important... A lot of us have a conscience to help prevent us from acting on impulses as often as we might would like.

That's really the only difference between us and animals IMO. And of course you do see full blown animalistic behavior in the likes of Dahmer, Bundy, Berkowtiz, and Shawcross. That might tell us how thin that line really is.
edit on 8/17/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
It may be tongue in cheek, but there is a thread of truth in it. Of course there is a thin line. The only things that really separate us are we usually try to control our impulses, we work hard at hiding a lot of our impulses, we can judge others for not being able to control their impulses, and most important... A lot of us have a conscience to help prevent us from acting on impulses as often as we might would like.

That's really the only difference between us and animals IMO. And of course you do see full blown animalistic behavior in the likes of Dahmer, Bundy, Berkowtiz, and Shawcross. That might tell us how thin that line really is.

What a brilliant post Kanga
edit on 17-8-2014 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
We are animals (although not simply animals). This is what inevitably happens when animals decide they've had enough of being caged and chained. They turn on their masters.

It will only get worse (or better, depending on your perspective) and become more widespread. Our civilization is an incredibly fragile facade, thought up and perpetuated by those who believe we are somehow different and separate from the natural world we live in.

It is a doomed philosophy.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Humanity. Animals. What's the difference?!"

You hit it Kanga. What IS the difference?
Our choice, as individuals.
I chose.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: jupiter869

One portion I disagree with. You cannot demand respect.

Respect is a gift that one person gives to another person. The act of giving and receiving respect shows more of the character of the giver than the receiver.

You can give me respect even tho I do not deserve it or you can withhold respect even tho it is deserved. Either way, the action reflects more your values and believes than the receiver.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: feldercarb

One portion I disagree with. You cannot demand respect.

Respect is a gift that one person gives to another person. The act of giving and receiving respect shows more of the character of the giver than the receiver.

You can give me respect even tho I do not deserve it or you can withhold respect even tho it is deserved. Either way, the action reflects more your values and believes than the receiver.

You CAN demand respect... many people do. Just look at the folks in Ferguson. But you will never GET respect if you demand it. That is the irony of it all.

The very thing they want will never be given to them because their actions don't warrant respect.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

It's a thin line. Thin but armed to the teeth.
A head on collision is what they want.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

In order to get respect from others, one must be respectable in his/her actions. You cannot get respect any other way, its all in if you are worthy of respect.

Some people in this life demand respect because their actions demand it, others scream "respect me" and they never get it, because they forgot others respect you due to your good and respectable actions - which they are sadly lacking.

new topics

top topics

join