It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petsmart Letting Fish Die

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I never buy fish from Petsmart. The tanks all have cloudy water. Petco maintains their fish much better. I prefer to buy from a locally owned fish supply, but they closed down. A shame, as they always had a great variety and reasonable prices.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
That's a spreading sickness in America (probably other places as well, but I do not know). We have tons of folks who can't use common sense. If it isn't protocol, policy, ruled and regulated, folks don't know how to function. The fish are dying but our books don't tell us what we need to do if we can't get what we need, so I guess all the fish will die. What else are we supposed to do?

It's ridiculous but it happens in most places these days including our own government. People seem to be losing the ability to think for themselves and fix things in alternative ways if the solution in the book doesn't work.

"Losing" implies that someone or some group had possessed something to begin with, in order to have been able to lose it.

People, in general, have never been able to think for themselves, and thats why throughout history there are the rulers, and the ruled. The ruled like to be governed, because they dont have to make choices for themselves, and can complain its someone elses fault when things go south. The rulers like to govern, but could not govern without the willing consent of those to be ruled.

"You cant herd cats" comes to mind. Its a simple way of saying that ones nature is going to be the driving factor into determining what they will or will not do, whether due to an inability to do it, or simply due to having all or most behavioral tendencies tending towards them not willing to do it.

Neither of those things really change, at least not on non-geological timescales. A species nature is what makes it that species, and if its nature changes, the species itself is no longer the species it was.

In general, humans do not want to accept personal responsibility for their circumstances and subsequently their actions, and those actions consequences, taken in light of those circumstances. This leads to being willing to be ruled, and "not thinking for themselves".

Its part of what makes a human, a human.

Nothing has been lost.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Fish steaks and fish filet sounds good to me, did the employees get to take the fish home for supper?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Most shelters euthenize. Its a sad fact. I've been totally discusted with PETA for years. You would think they would at least try to set the example in shelters.

a reply to: charles1952

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Yeah it sickened me to the point that I quit. They make the employees cut the clothes up and toss em in a dumpster and sometimes pour bleach on top.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

What year did you work there. This was about 3 years ago.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fargoth

What year did you work there. This was about 3 years ago.

It's been longer than 3 years, so they may be doing exactly as you said. That's why I said it the way I did. I worked there about 8 years ago. There's no telling what could have changed between now and then.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy
That happened in my town. The pet store had been arou d for 25 years and closed in june of thos year. Such interesting fish and animals...i should have snapped up a chinchilla cage at a low price

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I no longer work for them but there are some articles about them shredding clothing

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Wow, I didn't know so much was wrong with PETA. I knew the general consensus is that they were not to be trusted but I never really knew why until now. Thanks everyone!

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Petsmart always abuses the fish. Had a friend work their years ago and she complained about the same thing.

I mean how can you not expect them to not gaf when they sell fish that have been juiced, you know injected with a florescent dye to make the fish more appealing for you to buy. Painted fish.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join