It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the green flame

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackDog10

looks cool.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Yup, my conjecture at this point is that Kingfish flew, likely at least as long as the SR-71 did, and almost certainly it or a derivative was the "fastmover" sighting that was detailed at DLR. The size, planform, and details match perfectly.

As to the GL, I'd guess at this point that the progression goes like this:
XB-70 ---> derivative (built off of AV-3?) ---> Lockheed's 1990's quiet boom craft with the long nose and big tail ---> Green Lady

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Awesome 36 pages of work and we have an identity
Why I love this forum..Now for those pesky triangles.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barnalby

Yup, my conjecture at this point is that Kingfish flew, likely at least as long as the SR-71 did, and almost certainly it or a derivative was the "fastmover" sighting that was detailed at DLR. The size, planform, and details match perfectly.

As to the GL, I'd guess at this point that the progression goes like this:
XB-70 ---> derivative (built off of AV-3?) ---> Lockheed's 1990's quiet boom craft with the long nose and big tail ---> Green Lady

I keep thinking of this (with a much longer nose):

edit on 10/13/2015 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

*cough* Valkyrie*cough*

seriously read up on it, they thought/planned lenticular SAM/interceptor missile

Pye Wacket is an oft cited, UFO likely suspect.
You cant help but look at the proposed manned lenticular re-entry vehicle and wonder.

ETA: Link www.astronautix.com...
edit on 13-10-2015 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

Thank you for that link! I had heard of lenticular missile defense with the Valkyrie, as well as lenticular re-entry, but had never taken the time to hunt down information of them. Love the name Pye Wacket and the stories behind it also.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
We haven't talked about this one in a while...

So what are the chances that yesterday's mysterious sonic boom over southern New Jersey was related to our green-spitting friend?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

According to the DoD, an F-35C and F-18 were conducting super sonic testing off the coast there.

6abc.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

with the green lady in particular I'd say no she's not the culprit for them booms.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Too high? Is the green fame a high atmosphere "skimmer" as they say, bouncing in and out of the upper atmosphere?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I know, I know, I just felt like dredging this one up...

Maybe it was the LRS-B going transonic

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

you're gonna give Zaph fits.

lol

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

My green lady sighting was completely silent, window down and all. Horizon to horizon in seconds as well so definetly supersonic to hypersonic range.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Was there ever any follow up on the YJ-93 engines?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bfirez

Did the green flame remain steady the entire time it transitioned between horizons? Same size flame? Same length, etc? Same color?

What I'm getting at is, how do you know it was flame and not meteor?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BigTrain

Steady flame, size, speed, the timing of the sighting, the direction, height, all matched on the nose. Also a hint from someone more or less confirming thats what it was.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Flipper35

that engine was outperformed by the P&W J58.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I have a question I haven't seen asked (but I'm sure must have been... but IF not) possibly because it has less to do with aviation and capability and more to do with applicability.

These things sound amazing to my layman's mind. But what I wonder is: are they all purely test vehicles/demonstrators/spring boards to future applications, or - without asking what they would be - have these things (the Green Lady etc.) actually been operationally deployed for practical, valuable purposes?

I would assume the answer has to be yes - as it's been mentioned some such deep black projects have flown for multiple decades, as I would have to at least imagine that means they're worth maintaining and operating with all of the costs associated with that.

But that's what I wonder most about personally. Not so much what they are or how they came to be and remain secreted... but what their applicability (beyond the obvious - surveillance) is.

Great, informative, enthrallingly fascinating thread incidentally. Thank-you very much to all the knowledgeable posters taking part.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

What I might imagine as missions for operational black craft.

*) long-range strategic surveillance

*) short-range tactical surveillance/air to ground targeting/signals intelligence

*) logistics for special forces at night

*) electronic counter measures

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join