It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the green flame

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Bassp,
I dont now think that what is saw was the actual pumpkinseed aircraft, but it wasnt the x47b either.
I does fit the general description that 1947 boomer gave though, of a lozenge or ellipsoid shape.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

It could have been though. You never know.
As far as it being a bunch of other things besides the x47. Well they have a lot of toys and projects they've done so you could have seen any one of the bunch of exotic or highly interesting things developed riding on the back of that flatbed.
edit on 9-6-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: punkinworks10

It could have been though. You never know.
As far as it being a bunch of other things besides the x47. Well they have a lot of toys and projects they've done so you could have seen any one of the bunch of exotic or highly interesting things developed riding on the back of that flatbed.

It very well could have been what i saw.
I would image, with the advances in RPV's and AAV's, some of those older "sketchy" programs could have new life breathed into them, as Zaph has alluded to in past posts.

I wait with baited breath till i see the green lady, and i still look out for the piercingly brilliant, pulsating white point of light that rises from the desert and goes NW at improbable speeds

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

a reply to: 1947boomer

"Thank you sir. Not that it bears repeating but you really do have some of the best posts here in the aviation forum. ".....

Aw shucks, you're making me blush.

....... "Then, if youre lucky you see confirmation one day that its all really true and you realize that the USA hasnt dropped the ball, infact they are kicking so much ass that there really is no comparison to the tech. its just gotta all stay on the down low. Those good folks havent let me down at all in fact i felt very safe after witnessing all i had knowing that somewhere out there right now is astounding stuff watching all of our backs. Unbelievable stuff even sometimes."....

I feel the same way. I've always thought this was a good use of my tax dollars.

edit on 10-6-2015 by 1947boomer because: Forgot to insert text.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: drwire

Wow. Even if that's a lens flare, it's still sort of eerily beautiful.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Being where we are I doubt I will ever see the girl..If she is using similar clothes to what the X-37b is wearing on reentry then the phenomenon of reentry will look the same.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I was reading up on Nasa's website about some scale rocket engines they were testing for the SLS and every pic had green exhausts. Ha! Spit my tea all over my keyboard, jerks.....

Google image search "Scale Model Acoustic Testing for Space Launch System" and check out what pops up.

Is that about the same color green everyone has seen?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: jackx6949

wow interesting link.

as for the color. it's pretty damned close, the difference with what I had seen being that its slight lighter in color in the shots on the link. It could have been my subjective perception effecting the slight color difference as I saw it at night time and the color seemed slightly deeper in hue. but that could be because it was night time as opposed to broad daylight like in the shots in the link.

I find it notable that in one of the descriptions it mentioned that the green color is due to an additive used during the first moments of engine ignition. when i saw it, the green started and lasted a few seconds (maybe five. ) and shut off after it accelerated a bit leaving just the dull candle flame yellow blob at the front (presumably the vehicle) to finish racing across the sky.

also the green flame trailed like a concise streak quite a distance (a mile or so at least ) behind the vehicle and didnt fan out like in the shots. not sure if that's from the speed of the craft at the time, or if some ionization from the exhaust or propulsion leaves like a filament behind the aircrafts path that contains the exhaust particulates leaving them glowing for a while.

interesting post and link references.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Hey the movie maximum overdrive comes to mind about green glowing gas lol.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
So if nasa are only testing these now, who owns the green lady?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick
So if nasa are only testing these now, who owns the green lady?

USAF and the agency, silly rabbit.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Does NRO fly any air-breathers?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Not many.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I cant stop thinking about the "start up" fuel. I keep thinking that she has air breathing engines then something else kicks in, hence the green streak. What a complicated craft that would be though.

Here's to wishing she would fly over north eastern Oklahoma, just a glimpse.....

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

well, most worldly, gorgeous and sleek ladies tend to be complicated in my opinion.

but what do I know. I usually just admire them from afar. something about them being out of my league. with the green lady that's for sure. she's way over my head.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

well, most worldly, gorgeous and sleek ladies tend to be complicated in my opinion.

but what do I know. I usually just admire them from afar. something about them being out of my league. with the green lady that's for sure. she's way over my head.

About 130,000 ft to be exact over ya head right?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Do you think ISR mission or strike too for the " legendary Green Lady " ?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

I think she is purely ISR for now in the form she is in. That's my gut feeling anyway.
IIRC, I seam to remember an LM commercial where they mentioned global strike in reference to their SR-72 bird so I think eventually they will work toward that end.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

The best advice I ever received buddy:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

That's one of those things they would like, but a clean release at those speeds isn't the easiest problem to overcome.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join