It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the green flame

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
UFO report with illustration:

Approx 12:45am Friday, December 07, 2012 My daughter and I were driving northbound on the 1-25 Freeway last night at about 12:45am. Right as we reached the Woodmen exit I saw something out of the corner of my eye that attracted my attention. My daughter was driving so i was able to stare at this until it disappeared. Up and to the left of our car I saw a very fast moving bright green/yellow ball of light that had a green trail like a commit. I’ve seen "falling stars" before and it looked a lot like that in that it got bigger and brighter until it "disappeared" only it was bright green and it wasn’t way up in the sky. It was very low. I know this wasn’t an optical illusion because I could see the outline of the mountain and it was definitely below the mountain line, in front of the mountain, and was parallel to the freeway at that point. I immediately stared at it as it passed our car like we were standing still. (we were traveling at about 75mph at the time). It came down at about a 30° angle then it disappe! ared out of my view. It looked to me like it would have been pretty much right above Falcon Stadium at the Air Force Academy when it "disappeared." At that point I can’t tell if it landed or it actually disappeared... it was low enough at that point that it was behind trees & buildings and I just couldn’t see it anymore. This thing was completely silent. I’ll tell ya what, it freaked me out. I’ve never seen anything like that before.

www.nuforc.org...

LARGER IMAGE

hmmmm..
edit on 8/19/2014 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

That's exactly what I thought when I first saw it, but then I know what meteorites look like and this thing was no meteor. It came on fast and I could've sworn I saw it turn rather than fizzle out, like if the nozzle was pointed my way but then powered down or slightly turned to the side. I've only seen it going paralell with the ground too so it must be something other than a meteor. I haven't seen that same shade of green either, until I just saw that video of it. I remember the first time I saw it was about an hour after I noticed fighter jets towards Nellis dropping flares and messing around. It was a color I've never seen in the night sky and I did some research on it and found that other people in Vegas have also seen the green flame in the sky, but they attribute it to meteors, mistakenly I think, because like I said I've seen tons of them out here and this thing moved way too slow to be a meteor.

Why don't they just use hydrogen? I thought it was the most energy dense fuel by weight. I'd imagine a hydrogen plane or airship using the sun to produce it by taking in air then condensing it or storing it for night time. Probably a question for another thread but I was just curious.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: NiZZiM

The fuel mix is highly efficient at all altitudes. It blends with JP7 well, hydrogen doesn't.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It blends with JP7 well

I fear you have given the game away with that one, sir

Actually it's amazing how brilliant it probably is.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

SR-72 ? ? ? Or some other thing? Hypersonic high altitude black triangle type thing with green glow on exhaust? Sounds cool. JP7 fuel like SR-71 for hypersonic high temps?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkpr0

Not at all. We know the Air Force recently bought a LOT of JP7, and JP8 will never be used for a high speed craft. So I haven't given away anything at all that wasn't already known.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Hydrogen is really bad for energy/volume efficiency despite good energy/mass.

In an aircraft, more volume means more surface area and more drag and more expense.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I'm trying to figure out the mission. The optical spectral lines must be unmistakable. So night-time bombing is certainly out.

Even in daylight, if your optical detector had an astronomy-quality narrow band filter you could probably find it through instruments fairly easily. There isn't much else burning boron up there.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

It crosses from horizon to horizon between 90 and 120 seconds on average. Even if you detect it, what exactly are you going to do about it in that time frame? And that's before you add in the altitude that it is at.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Radio to the missiles 500 miles further ahead on its path?

It would take a big missile no doubt, but there were missiles even in the 1970's to intercept very high upper atmosphere ICBM warheads and those were going Mach 15+. They didn't have the accuracy of today's certainly (that's detection & electronics) but kinematic capability was there.

edit on 19-8-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

There are maybe two missiles today that could touch it, both are in the US inventory. Even if they were ready for it, the time of flight for the missile going up is going to be so problematical for figuring out the launch time to even get close, that even if it COULD reach up to it, they would stand a one in a billion chance of hitting it. It's the exact same problem they had with the SR-71. They knew it was coming, they knew where it was going, and exactly one aircraft MIGHT have taken minor shrapnel damage.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

True, but those are missiles "today". A boron flame seeking optical seeker could be outfitted on a big missile, and it's well within Russia & China's capabilities. It might be uneconomic for them, but technically feasible.

As far as time of flight, there were ICBM intercepting missiles which got the incoming warheads when they had 10 seconds to go.

I may be mistaken but I thought they never used the SR-71 over the USSR directly, as they did believe that a shoot down was possible.

edit on 19-8-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

It was close enough to be chased by Soviet fighters repeatedly, and flown over China and other high threat areas where a shoot down was possible, and it survived for years.

You're assuming it's using Boron though. Yes it's within their capabilities, but there's a lot about this aircraft that is not out there, and won't be, that makes it a lot harder for a shoot down to occur, even if you know it's coming. It's possible that they may eventually bag one, but my bet is on the bird coming through just fine.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

High altitude hypersonic the mission would be recon with advanced sensors. If it had some stealth technology it would be hard for a missile to get lock and even if you could detect it, it might be difficult to track it accurately enough to hit.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Just a guess but I'm pretty sure you can find most the information on these two threads, intelgurl is proberbly saying I told you so

SR-72 Confirmed: Mach 6 Project Blackswift

(the whole thread is worth a read but if your time poor just read the summery by intelgurl linked)

DARPA Lifts the Covers on Vulcan Engine

It is also fascinating how many green meteorite sitings in California going WE early in the morning
lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com.au...

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: lambchop

Now why do you think that would be?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

The meteorites lol ? or why I think its a version of the blackswift?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

All the sightings in the California area.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Groom lake, flying over other rocket launch facilities.

Is this new platform making boom noises?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

No. To both. They're so high by the time they go through the sound barrier you don't hear it.
edit on 8/19/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join