It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the green flame

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

My guess would be the Marshall's, given the US military's history of high-tech stuff going on there, but I could also see the Solomon's working, esp given their proximity to China.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

That proximity is also a disadvantage too.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

So the Philippines, Guam def out. Too close. Japan out. Solomons and the Marshalls cutting it too close, but maybe.

Autrailia is a good bet. OR even islands owned by the UK or australia in the indian ocean or south pacific.

Would want someplace that has other air strip nearby incase of an emergency I would imagine.

Heck maybe even Hawaii if the range on the birds are long enough.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

In flight refueling. The range is long enough from the mainland.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

That makes more sense. Take her off from the west coast. or even west coast adjacent. Have a tanker take off from Guam. Meet up somewhere over the eastern pacific n refuel. Then proceed to penetrate someplace sovereign faster than a parolee stumbling into a Abercrombi & Fitch Men's changing room.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

going the other way around, fly a tanker from Thule Greenland for a mid-morning snack over North Sea?

In the Pacific, Wake Island seems usefully located.
edit on 20-3-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel:
Wake Island

DING DING DING!!!

I think we have a winner here folks, take a look at the facts:

Restricted island in the middle of nowhere (thousands of miles from anything else)? Check.

10,000 foot runway? Check.

Way, way more exotic looking fuel infrastructure than you'd expect for such a minor base? Check.

Evidence of recent construction near the hangars, including a small, SR-71-sized climate controlled clamshell hangar just like the ones for the B-2s at Diego Garcia? Check.

There's pretty clearly SOMETHING exotic based there. It may not be our fastmover, but there's definitely SOMETHING...
edit on 20-3-2015 by Barnalby because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

That is perfect. Kudos to MBKennel and Barnalby. Pretty place to vacation if you are a fast paced jet setting lady.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

There aren't hangars on Wake. What look like hangars along the taxiway are parking pads for larger aircraft.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Looky here...

Look again, and tell me what those structures on either end of the tarmac are...
edit on 20-3-2015 by Barnalby because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Not big enough for aircraft. They're shops and work areas.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Since the Mods are annoyed with me lately (OK all the time) I will use this opportunity to suck up to Zaphod and side with him. They do look like the types of tents they put up for show rooms, storage and work areas.

Although if one were to hide something there they would use a hanger that looks like something else.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

HERE on the other hand is in the middle of nowhere, has lots of large hanger space, new hanger construction and is just a hop skip and a jump from the entire Asian continent and has tanker support.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

If you scale Wake Island and Diego Garcia both to 200 ft/whatever-length-it-is, the tents on Wake Island are definitely much smaller.

There's definitely a ton of trucks and little apparent overgrowth on Wake. Why do they need so much work shop area on the island in the middle of nowhere? I assume they still do something there given the fact it's clearly not abandoned.

Also, man Diego Garcia looks like such a nice spot to vacation. Not joinin the Navy just to go though.
edit on 20-3-2015 by framedragged because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

There aren't hangars on Wake. What look like hangars along the taxiway are parking pads for larger aircraft.

You know if somebody wanted to make something go away a movable tarp which looked just like parking pads for aircraft from the top would be interesting.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

it moved in a arcing motion and if something was out side the atmosphere and moving away from you but in a straight-ish line it would kind of dim out to nothing. that is what it looked like.

i have my crappy handicam on a tripod batt. ready to do waiting by the door where i smoke.

mbkennel

stealth tarps you say??

theultimatehang.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Looks cosy in there!

I have to agree with Zaphod and framedragged, when you compare the temporary structure on Wake and Diego, the ones on Diego Garcia are considerably larger. Of course that doesn't mean theres nothing at Wake, just nothing when the images were taken :-)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: gfad

The B-2 looks both rather light grey and spit-shined & freshly waxed compared to earlier pictures. Except the leading edge which is still matte.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: gfad

i wonder what that scaffolding in the general shape of the b-2 above its for? and is that guy taking a selffie in the lower right corner of the pic? i KNOW he's not smoking in there
edit on 21-3-2015 by penroc3 because: ETA

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Hold equipment needed to work on the top of the aircraft. Safety lines and the like.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join