It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the green flame

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

If only I could make a spherical cow in real life, I'd be a billionaire!

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
So the other day my mother causally mentions on the phone a strange green light she has seen a few times over SE Davidson county TN. while smoking outside in the evening. So after the interrogation that didn't have to lead to waterboarding thankfully, she describes it as not streaking like a meteor does but just a very fast moving point of green light. Seems the times she sees it are between 9pm-11pm CST doesn't know what direction it came from or was going, installed compass on balcony.

edit on 17-3-2015 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: framedragged

If only I could make a spherical cow in real life, I'd be a billionaire!

Nah. Chickens that lay steak instead of eggs.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: StratosFear
So the other day my mother causally mentions on the phone a strange green light she has seen a few times over SE Davidson county TN. while smoking outside in the evening. So after the interrogation that didn't have to lead to waterboarding thankfully, she describes it as not streaking like a meteor does but just a very fast moving point of green light. Seems the times she sees it are between 9pm-11pm CST doesn't know what direction it came from or was going, installed compass on balcony.

EDIT: changed my mind after mapping.

BTW a great circle route from Las Vegas to Baghdad passes right over central/east Ukraine. A two-fer, right?

edit on 18-3-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Thanks for the responses!

Would it not make sense for someone like nasa to have been trying this or even whichever of the armed forces create icbm or even missile tech?

You could potentially design a system to reduce drag on a rocket for cheaper space flights ? Could be ejected and reused. Single stage to orbit.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

i hear tonight might be a good night to be looking up. wed that is

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Even with any drag reduction system an SSTO would require massive amounts of fuel on board.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

What do think is flying tonight? Or what did you hear in regards to tonight (wed) being a good night to look up. I've seen stuff on Wednesdays before back in the 2000's and the second sighting I had last may was I think on a Wednesday. I'd have to go back and look at the exact date again thought to be sure.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

What if you make your own fuel instead of carry it on board? Thinking of NASA's new "virtual" particle ion engine.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

During twilight day hours over certain parts of the US I hear.....

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: aholic

For tonight? Please clarify.

Interesting. When I saw the green flame a few months back it was exactly at 9:05pm. Sun had just set maybe 45 min earlier. Was travelling outbound westward.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

last wed. i was out with a telescope looking at the moon and stuff and i saw something in the sky that was for sure not a normal satellite, it wasn't green but it moved VERY fast.

it was a honest guess with everything going on in israel,africa, iran etc. seems like allot of people see stuff on Wednesday

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Even the MSM is commenting on the Aurora sightings!

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

lol so cheesy, but good pics

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

You know I actually looked at that link there, thinking really? What have I missed?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Well....you'll see green....

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Would it require lots of fuel to go SSTO?

What about the XXXXX ? I heard it's pretty small for it's size and what it can do. It's supposedly able to SSTO. I think it's much further along in it's development then people say.

edit on 18-3-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

To reach LEO would require either a first stage aircraft launch platform, or huge amounts of fuel.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
What if someone invented an engine that could create its own fuel from having a reaction to the nitrogen or oxygen in the atmosphere?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Reminds me of the Plasma Thruster Engines that use natural gasses found in the atmosphere. They burn different colors depending on the gas they are using. I think NASA was looking into them as a propulsion system for small unmanned exploration craft that would fly through the atmospheres of other planet or moons in our solar system. Uses their atmosphere as the fuel to save weight so they don't have to bring it with them or as much of it. Plus the thrusters would be able to convert just about any planet or moons natural gasses found in the atmosphere for fuel, I don't think it was too picky, just so long as it could turn it into a plasma.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join