Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

What "Justice" Means To Those In Ferguson Mo.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
To the citizens of Ferguson Mo. that are making their voices heard on the news networks, and whose opinions resonate with the topic, is an idea rooted in prejudice, not facts.

To these citizens in Ferguson Mo., justice simply means anything from the cop, Darrel Wilson, being killed, or convicted of murder.

These citizens care not about the facts of the case.

The black elites such as Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson stand up in front of thousands, possibly millions, and spit off sermons as if they are Martin Luther King fighting for equal rights in the 1960s all over again. Never do they realize that there will ever be another King. King accomplished his goals. Instead, these new black elites lack the purity of heart and mind that King possessed, rather they exploit racial undertones in order to incite the black community. They overlook hard work as a reward for wealth and property, and demand entitlement while defending black criminals and blaming the overwhelming percentage of blacks in prison on a racial bias agitated by law enforcement.

People like Al Sharpton are quick to point out the ratio of whites to black in the police force in Ferguson. They relish in the pre-adult pictures of black criminals, and refer to criminal facts about those lives as "character assassinations", especially as is the case with Brown.

On the contraire, if any opposing facts are pointed out, Sharpton is rapid to call them racist, never stopping to realize that he is the one inciting the racial division through making the white/black ratio in the police force an argument to begin with.

Justice to thugs and thug mentality, to those who protect criminals, always will mean the conviction of cops, regardless of circumstances, before facts come out, and even proceeding them.

Justice means anarchy. Justice means anti-cop. Justice means anti-government. Justice means pro-black while racially smearing white authority.

Justice for Ferguson.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It is important to know the difference between people that want to end exploitation and people that just want to be the ones doing the exploiting. Jackson,Sharpton,et al.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: PansophicalSynthesis

I would say that you have been looking at the wrong media.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Without mudslinging remember these are people too. Maybe not what some want or respect, but they all have rights and are humans just like all of us. Yea they didn't grow up like the norm, still doesn't give anyone the right to cast stones.
edit on 8/17/14 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

They overlook hard work as a reward for wealth and property, and demand entitlement while defending black criminals and blaming the overwhelming percentage of blacks in prison on a racial bias agitated by law enforcement.

Sorry but that is quite naive.

Have a look at who owns the majority of the land and the wealth in your country.

A country where your health is determined by your wealth( i.e health insurance costs)

A country where those who do the work get paid 300 times less than those who are the CEO's.

Not to mention the THUG mentality of Banking Groups in relation to housing loans to the poor, while they get billion dollar bailouts.

Both sides of the spectrum need to clean up their acts, yet in reality it's the same primal human behavior being instigated.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I haven't weighed in on these threads regarding this issue. I tend to hold back, read as much as I can before forming my opinion, listen to witness accounts, listen to character analyses, view the pics and videos, evaluate statistics, and watch lots of news. Even with that, we still can't form an accurate assessment until all the facts and forensics are made public.

I know what LEOs have to deal with on a daily basis. I have a close relative and a few friends in law enforcement in a major metropolitan area and the stories they tell are jaw-dropping. They are trained to let insults, name-calling, and cursing roll off them like water off a duck's back. They hear it all, see it all, and smell it all. They don't take things personally and usually just consider the source and proceed according to protocols.

I think the OP may be right. Some of these people simply want this cop's head...period. Never mind that the 6'4" 300 lb. young man may have been attempting to strong-arm Wilson and steal his weapon and may have been coming at him in a threatening manner to inflict bodily harm and take his firearm. It might be a fact that Brown was hyped up on something, feeling powerful and emboldened by the robbery he had just committed, and determined to harm this LEO before being arrested.

None of that matters to the people that are racist and full of hatred and just want to see the white man suffer regardless.

I'm just afraid if the truth exonerates Wilson, the racial haters will riot all over this country and do more than just vandalize a few businesses in their own neighborhoods. Truth and justice aren't really what they want. They want revenge.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Quick question (technically several). Are you from Ferguson? Have you asked anyone from Ferguson that is protesting what "justice" means to them in their chants?
edit on 17/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: added parentheses

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Video on Facebook

I couldn't find this on youtube so I can't imbed.

The Ferguson the media isn't showing. Why should these people be judged by the actions of so few? This isn't just a black thing and those of you celebrating the death of just another thug should open your #ing eyes because it's a poverty thing, this # with cops (not all) being too quick too shoot happens in poor white, poor spanish, poor asian neighborhoods too. You are being taken advantage of through your racism, so that you don't rise up and don't get angry and won't give a # until it happens to you. Demand better justice that our tax dollars pay for.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Wrong. It'll never happen to me because I don't rob stores, hit cops, and act like the world revolves around me and has to stop for me.

These types of things happen to thugs. Go ahead and try to go find an isolated incident where an innocent person has been involved. We all know, that happens. This isn't that.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: subtopia

You just proved my point. Like I said, if you want it, then work for it. These types of people expect everything to be handed to them for nothing, including health insurance. They expect the working man and woman to pay for all of their expenses while they sit around and receive government subsidies. These government subsidies are payed for through the working man and woman's tax money.

Stop smoking weed and robbing stores, get your kids in line, and maybe they'll make something of themselves (not you, obviously talking about all the mothers and fathers of these thugs, and the thugs themselves).

YOU have the thug, entitled mentality! You're angry at those who have worked to attain their positions and their wealth, and you want to take it away from them!

This country has legalized theft through such means as "wealth redistribution", now they're literally trying to legalize theft!

Hey, I didn't bailout the banks! Take it up with the man in charge and his administration.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I think you might want to do a little more research into how many people have killed, beaten or arrested... regardless of color and without just cause before you make a statement like that. It's not just 'thugs' (dog whistle anyone?) that are being brutalized by police.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Well, I never said that "only thugs" have been subject to police brutality. Please don't presume my position and then attempt to make it look like I'm wrong and you're right.

Usually, you have to do something stupid to put yourself into a position to have ANYTHING done to you. If you don't go around doing stupid stuff, then you shouldn't have to worry!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I think you might want to do a little more research into how many people have killed, beaten or arrested... regardless of color and without just cause before you make a statement like that. It's not just 'thugs' (dog whistle anyone?) that are being brutalized by police.

Tell us, then, who else is brutalized by police. I would like to hear.

And I am sick of people calling every little word like 'thug' a dog whistle. There are plenty of white thugs, too.

Let me add that maybe your definition of "brutalized" differs from mine.
edit on 17-8-2014 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

95 year old veteran in a nursing home good enough for you?

Link

A 95-year-old World War II veteran was killed by police when he refused medical treatment, and his family wants to know why.

John Wrana needed a walker to get around, according to the Chicago Tribune. When he resisted medical treatment at his retirement home in Park Forest, IL, staff called an ambulance and they brought police with them.

Police entered the room carrying riot shields. First they tased him, then they shot him in the stomach with a 12-gauge shotgun loaded with beanbag ammunition.

Wrana bled to death internally, according to the Cook County medical examiner, who ruled the death a homicide, according to the Southtown Star. Illinois State Police are investigating the incident.

The police version of events differs from that provided by family's attorney Nicholas Grapsas. Police claim Wrana threatened staff with a metal shoehorn, a metal cane, and a 12-inch kitchen knife. But the assisted living home's staff later told Grapsas that there was no such knife in Wrana's room, according to the Tribune. They also said that Wrana was sitting in his chair and posed no imminent threat to staff.

Wrana's stepdaughter Sharon Mangerson told the Tribune that she doesn't believe her stepfather would have been a danger to anyone.

A senior police official gave the Tribune a different perspective: "We don't know what information they had at that time. If you don't have all of the facts, it's hard to judge someone...Anyone can be dangerous."

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Yeah, yeah. We know that some things happen to innocent people. Plus, many times reports are trumped up, fabricated and altered. I have no way to authenticate yours.

I'm not talking about that. You're just all anti-cop, anti-authority. Trying to sway to opinion into the arena that police are bad people.

I'm talking about Ferguson.

Additionally, when hispanic thugs are detained or killed by cops, we don't see the mexican pope (al sharpton, jesse jackson) holding vigils in churches and trying to incite race wars and anti-government sentimentalism.

It's ONLY the BLACKS. No, I'm not a racist. Deal with the facts.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

"To the citizens of Ferguson Mo. that are making their voices heard on the news networks, and whose opinions resonate with the topic, is an idea rooted in prejudice, not facts."

This isn't about falling into your trap regarding your idea.

Take a look at my opening sentence and you'll see that I already covered that.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: Kali74

Tell us, then, who else is brutalized by police. I would like to hear.

And I am sick of people calling every little word like 'thug' a dog whistle. There are plenty of white thugs, too.

Let me add that maybe your definition of "brutalized" differs from mine.

Okay how about this kid: www.oregonlive.com...

As you can read from the story, this 16 year old young man went down to a protest and got struck across the face with a baton. Now this kid is very civic minded. Here's why he went down there:

Prettyman said he and his family had been interested in the Occupy protests -- demonstrations around the country against economic conditions that have concentrated wealth in the hands of a few while the vast majority -- "the 99 percent" -- cope with high unemployment, foreclosures and debilitating college loans.

So kid cared, goes down to basically check it out and participate in his First Amendment right. Gets a baton to the face (he says accidentally).

But he does believe police used excessive force in dealing with him and other protesters. The riot gear also seemed to elevate the tone from a peaceful protest to one of confrontation.

So here you have a kid who cares about today's issues going down to a protest instead of sitting at home playing video games and who took a baton to the face.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I'm anti-bad cop. I'm anti-police militarization. I'm anti-training to use excessive force. The thing is... it's spilling over out of the ghetto's and into the rest of the country, you have to be blind not to see it. Maybe in a couple of years you'll change your mind... wonder how many innocents will have suffered by then.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I think many will look at this as an opportunity for self gain.

I think that before this incident, they didn't complain much about police racial demographics.

I think that most just want this to be over so they can go back to their lives.

Beyond that, I have not a clue.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I must respectfully disagree with both the premise and theme of your post. However, your opinion is certainly as valid as mine or anyone else's for that matter. That said, please allow me to disagree and rather vehemently if I may. Perhaps the greatest covert enemy of America today is the pervasive superiority complex evinced within most every square mile of her borders by every segment of her population.

The rich tout their superiority of every lower economic class; they feel it is their burden to financially provide for every other American--economically speaking--which of course keeps their hefty bottom lines in constant flux. The middle class, well, we loathe the working poor and the impoverished; we spew daily across the internet comments advertising our superiority of those "less fortunate" whose very survival we claim to pay for with our federal and state taxes; from the "crust" of our income breadcrumbs for the downtrodden. The poor? Well, they feel superiority over us, the rich and anyone who has ever supposedly exploited an opportunity unavailable to them.

Now, I do not claim to know the minds of all other Americans--not the minds of the rich, the middle class, the poor or the residents of any city, those of Ferguson, MO included. The above paragraph in my opinion, however, describes the stereotypical "party line" or popular belief that is rampant in our America of today, injected deep into our minds and reinforced on a daily basis. These feelings of superiority--and I assure you, I catch myself harboring them as well--only serve to divide us; divide the people of our neighborhoods, our communities, our cities, counties and states.

Stir into that cauldron of superiority based on economic class racial, political, religious, cultural and fear induced hatred and what simmers up to the roiling surface is disillusionment, distrust, apathy, and frothing at the mouth bigotry among a people united by citizenship and joined for the so-called common good of their fellow people. Intolerance for those outside of the groups we perceive ourselves to be a part of has truly accumulated into a volcano of hatred and condescending ignorance.

No teenaged boy or girl sits in class dreaming of one day going on food stamps or welfare. Opportunities abound in America, certainly, and yet so long as our system cycles there will never exist truly enough equal opportunity for all. The result of that is, some will have less and others have more. That's cold steel reality. When varying segments of the population perceive they have not had a similar fair shot at success or any real shot at all, psychological self loathing will occur along with envy, hatred of authority and higher crime rates among certain demographics.

Many of the comments I've witnessed scrolling in chat alongside the Ferguson live feeds ... almost make me feel ashamed to be a citizen of this country. Racism. Superiority Complex. Calls for violence against our fellow citizens. Apathy, complete lack of compassion for our fellow citizens. Is it any wonder at all the government so easily intrudes further and further into our lives? Doesn't surprise me, I will tell you. Not when we the people, our superiority complex, racism, condescension, and loathing for our fellow Americans essentially has turned into one of the greatest weapons in its arsenal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join