It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Ebola patient in Albuquerque New Mexico

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheppie
The problem is not just letting infected into the country and then city. But look what happens right before. Someone who was exposed to a virus gets on a plane. Trips takes at least few hours and everyone is kept together in one closed space so whoever could have been infected already is and then it spreads to all different countries, cities and so on and so forth.

They're not letting people who are obviously sick on planes. If the infected person is not noticeably sick you can't catch it from them. Ebola strikes hard from the onset. High fever weakness. Those people aren't being allowed to board. This said she was not exposed to the virus only that she was in seirria leon. She probably doesn't have it.
edit on AM000000310000000883433312014-08-18T11:33:10-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

hahahha too funny but you hit the nail right on !!!

armakirais

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
We are being told that the chances of her having the disease are low. Why she is in New Mexico has not been said. Ebola and Flu seem to have similar symptoms in the early stages. This could very well be a case of a media outlet doing a little fear mongering to get better ratings. At least that is what we hope.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

You can say that again!

Why aren't we stopping flights? It's insanity. I saw a news article where the WHO chastised Japan for not flying into Africa. It was ridiculous. It's like they want a pandemic.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Ranthenae

That is scary. In the town I live in (Florida, east coast) the health department has been going to door-to-door asking about Chikunguya virus. I read this in the paper here. So far, they haven't knocked on my door but I'm expecting it as we were warned about it in the local news. I thought the same thing, perhaps they are worried about Ebola? With the flu season approaching, things are going to get interesting.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Since chikhungoya is spread through mosquito bites they are probably trying to ascertain where they need to spray to control mosquitos. It has nothing to do with Ebola. Authorities would NEVER keep the threat of a disease like Ebola a secret. Dispute conspiracy theorists ideas of population reduction. a reply to: quirkygirl

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
It's not true that Ebola hits hard right away. Ebola has a 2-21 day incubation period from the time of infection to when symptoms been to show.
edit on 19-8-2014 by Virole because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I hope we all can stop the spread of this Ebola Virus. I read that there are some people in New Mexico as Ranthenae has stated above that are missing from the treatment clinics. This is some scarry stuff:

ebola in new mexico

I think we need to think globally on getting rid of this virus before it gets to black plague status. Education is the best way to do that. Proper hygeine (coughing and sneezing into your shirt or blouse, washing with non anti-bacterial soap, treating infections rapidly) and boosting your immune system.

[url=I hope we all can stop the spread of this Ebola Virus. I read that there are some people in New Mexico as Ranthenae has stated above that are missing from the treatment clinics. This is some scarry stuff: I think we need to think globally on getting rid of this virus before it gets to black plague status. Education is the best way to do that. Proper hygeine (coughing and sneezing into your shirt or blouse, washing with non anti-bacterial soap, treating infections rapidly) and boosting your immune system. Ebola Virus - What to Do?
edit on 19-8-2014 by homeopath because: missing link to story

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I still think it's possible for one who has Ebola to be symptomatic w/o anyone noticing.....at least when the symptoms first become apparent to the patient. Take, for example, this report of a Nigerian woman who collapsed at a job centre in Germany with Ebola-like symptoms.

Isn't it possible for someone to feel ill and that no one around them will notice? At what point do the symptoms of Ebola become so apparent that a person becomes contagious?

There are other illnesses that have some Ebola-like symptoms. I believe that people who've been stricken with Ebola might mistake their symptoms for something less severe, like the flu.

Here's a very brief excerpt:

"The mass-circulation daily Bild said the woman had fainted, that she hailed from Nigeria and that she said later that she had recently been in contact with people infected with Ebola."

What would possess this woman to travel by plane, knowing she had contact with known Ebola patients?

Could it be that when she arrived in Germany she already felt ill but assumed it was something else?

If she fell ill prior to boarding the plane, how many people did she infect?

This report doesn't state how long she was in Germany.

I've got a bad feeling about this.

www.dailymail.co.uk... -quarantine.html
edit on 19-8-2014 by dianajune because: typo

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Any mother will tell you how often they've had to suck up their own illness to take care of their baby.

The beginning stages of Ebola seem to appear as more minor ailments. NOW that we know this, now we can say better safe than sorry.

Most of us have been immunized for ailments people still die from in places of the world. Who's to say what this woman thought of as normal?

a reply to: dianajune

edit on 19-8-2014 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Any word or updates on this yet?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

The unidentified patient returned to the U.S. earlier this month before complaining of a sore throat, headache, muscle aches and fever.

Those symptoms are usually followed by vomiting, diarrhea, rash and in some cases, bleeding if in fact infected with the virus. A person infected usually does not have symptoms from two to 21 days, according to the World Health Organization.

As of this week there are no known Ebola cases in the U.S. other than two U.S. health workers who were evacuated from Liberia earlier this month.

Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

It looks about the same as before.

New York Daily News

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

What about people that become symptomatic while in flight? Flying (altitude changes) make people feel worse. I think flying is a horrible idea and we should not be flying into and out of West Africa.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
There is also a report of a possible Ebola parient in Sacramento California at South Sacto Kaiser.

And in Sacramento, Calif. hospital officials say a patient “who may have been exposed to the Ebola virus” is also in isolation as blood samples are tested to rule out the virus.

Less is known about the California patient, who is, being treated at the Kaiser Permanente South Sacramento Medical Center.

New Mexico woman, other patient in Calif. both being tested for Ebola virus

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The film Contagion says it all for me.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchPlayer

LOL, just watched this last night and it is freaky how much the handling of this virus mirrors that movie. It made my hair stand on end watching it. It's like this outbreak is scripted from that movie. Weird!
edit on 08/11/2014 by quirkygirl because: spelling error

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: quirkygirl

Possible I guess. It would have to be a long flight. It's not like you're perfectly healthy one hour and at deaths door the next. It could happen yes however I'm thinking you'd feel pretty punk and wouldn't want to travel.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
That's the incubation period when there are no symptoms. When the symptoms start they get pretty bad pretty quickly. a reply to: Virole

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: quirkygirl

My father always said that anything that happens in America is thought of at least 15-30 years in advance, and always hinted about in films. He was a big sci-fi head. When Contagion came out, he actually said they were practicing in Asia with Hoof and Mouth Disease, and then watch something bigger come out. He was right!

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Sorry to burst you bubble. But no he wasn't right. And in this case one would hope that you would want him to be wrong. . But it sure sounds like he would have fit in here. LOL . I love my daddy too but I sure don't think he knows it all. 87 God bless him. a reply to: ArchPlayer

edit on AMu31u0883424312014-08-22T08:24:53-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join