It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Ebola patient in Albuquerque New Mexico

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
This is being reported by KRQE news. Apparently there is a woman from Sierra Leon at University of New Mexico Hospital that may have ebola. She is undergoing tests. She is isolated from other patients at this time. In this age of global travel, a disease can spread very fast. Hopefully that is not happening so close to home.
KRQE

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Please delete posted on wrong post.
edit on 8/17/14 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Visited from Sierra Leone. Is a 30 year old teacher and they claim she had no exposure to the virus.

CDC Testing To Rule Out Ebola

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I wonder if she has infected others. It could spread very quickly here due to our dense population in some areas..

Hope the test comes back negative..

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImpossibilityOfReason
I wonder if she has infected others. It could spread very quickly here due to our dense population in some areas..

Hope the test comes back negative..

www.youtube.com...

The US isn't as clean as they're touting it to be. Sanitation exists but it's still gross in many areas particularly high density areas like cities. Walking in NYC there's garbage, urine and feces on the streets in some parts, filthy public facilities and the buses and subways make it perfect since everybody's packed in like sardines. Doesn't take much and being packed doesn't help when you're making direct contact with numerous people. It's a chain reaction and the end result is death.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
From the article..

According to the CDC, Ebola “poses no substantial risk to the U.S. general population.

phew..nothing to see here American people..move along please...

Pffft....

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: baddmove
From the article..

According to the CDC, Ebola “poses no substantial risk to the U.S. general population.

Pffft....

no substantial risk?....say the people that put on hazmat suits, and enclose the victims in specially sealed-off rooms.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: baddmove
From the article..

Pffft....

Well they were quite lax with bringing the infected doctor into the hospital. Looked so casual.

"Hi I have ebola."
"No problem. Here, take no precautions. Nothing to worry about."

no substantial risk?....say the people that put on hazmat suits, and enclose the victims in specially sealed-off rooms.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Now where in this article does it say how she got here, what she was doing here, or how long she has been here!!

I need detaaaaails!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Fantastic. Just what this city needs.....God, I hope it comes back negative....

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
This makes me very nervous!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
This makes me very nervous!

Common sense has been lost. You just don't let people into the country that have been in them areas with this type of killer disease. You just don't. Period.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Don't worry people - she couldn't have infected anyone else. LOL virologydownunder.blogspot.com...

I can tell you what it is like to be trapped near a person on a plane with a potentially fatal disease.

I was on an airplane and across the aisle was a small child. The child was listless, with the look of high fever that mothers know from the flush, and coughing deep coughs.

When I asked the Mother if the child was sick, she shook her head no. She then moved the child from her lap on the aisle seat to a relative on the window seat. The child was old enough that it had it's own seat but was too sick to sit in it after takeoff. The family was from South American, which I could tell because my brother in law is from South America.

Within days I was seriously ill, hospitalized with virulent pneumonia and nearly died. I was sick for a total of 3 months because my immune system was destroyed and I caught 2 different strains of flu after catching the disease on the airplane. Even though I had been vaccinated for flu that year.

If that child would have had Ebola, I would have caught it. Because he was just across the aisle from me on an airplane for hours on end, coughing. From what I can tell from how far the droplets in mucus from coughing with Ebola fall, I was within the range. As would be anyone across the aisle from an Ebola patient who was coughing, not to mention the person sitting next to them, in front of or behind them.

There is real risk of catching it from coughing and a real risk of spreading it that way also. At the close distance on an airplane the person next to the cougher could even get the droplets in their eyes which is acknowledged to be the way many of the health professionals caught it.
edit on 8Sun, 17 Aug 2014 20:54:35 -0500pm81708pmk170 by grandmakdw because: added link

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Were so ......... sigh

I knew it was only a matter of time. Once again my Govt. proves to be totally inept when it comes to keeping the infected with ebola outside our borders...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
That was a story that I'm certain hit close to home for many of us.

I have a family of three. My kids get minor ailments that hardly phase them and they get over it very quickly but, if I get it from them its like I have it multiplied. I'm certain many families are like this.

My kids and I had a germ talk again recently and while we agreed they were most likely to bring germs home. It was unanimous that I was mostly to be majorly ill. Again, I'm fairly certain all families are like this.

a reply to: grandmakdw

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
The problem is not just letting infected into the country and then city. But look what happens right before. Someone who was exposed to a virus gets on a plane. Trips takes at least few hours and everyone is kept together in one closed space so whoever could have been infected already is and then it spreads to all different countries, cities and so on and so forth.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheppie

At least according to Dr. Tom Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

People aren't contagious until they show symptoms.

So according to that this person should get sick in the airplane.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: borracho

Really does seem like people are deliberately trying to spread this disease to other Country's. I'm wondering why ALL flights hav'nt been suspended to and from these Infected Country's in Africa! Why are they letting people fly from these Areas? Doesn't make sense to me unless someone or some people want it to spread!!

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheppie

In a commercial aircraft the cabin air is exhausted out the outflow valve as new air is brought in by the air cycle machines and pressurization ,,, The cabin air is all new air every 4.5 minutes Plus or minus depending on the aircraft.. The people who are infected an spreading their germs could do it if you were in close proximity and they sneezed or coughed a contagious agent on you but usually with sidewall exit most of the air is sucked down and out .

On a lay over for international flights someone usually walks through with a spay can of disinfectant.. Think of watching someone spraying air freshener is what it looks like they are doing.. The Lavs are cleaned disinfected and dumped and if time is permitted the aircraft is vacuumed or otherwise the flight attendants do a quick walk through and grab any extra trash and place the seat belts crossed in the seat..

I would not want to be on the next flight out and be seated in the same seat as someone infected with Ebola on the prior flight.. No telling at this stage what they might have left behind ?

edit on 18-8-2014 by 727Sky because: ...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I live in New Mexico and about Thursday of last week I got 2 phone calls from the health department saying they were conducting a survey about the health of New Mexico citizens. I wasn't home, otherwise I would've answered the phone and taken their survey. I'm curious if they were asking if anyone had flu like symptoms now. Anyone else in this area getting survey calls like that? I'm actually hoping they will call back so I can take it. I'm starting to wonder if this may be spreading more than they let on and they are putting feelers out to see how far. It's a bit too much of a coincidence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join