It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"No, Thanks" Best DHS Checkpoint Refusals EVER!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

The Supreme Court must have re-written the Fourth Amendment.

My advice to the young considering joining the military, don't. There is nothing to fight for anymore, certainly not freedom.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Over all I liked your post except for one thing.

While I am not a big fan of the state of the Military at this point.

If you don't have many options coming out of high school the military is still a good option as long as you do your research and choose a job that can translate into work out of the military.

don't think of it as serving tptb think of it as using them to learn a skill and better your options down the road.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Dear MOMof3,

You have that quotation quite correctly. Remember, though, that it forbids "unreasonable searches and seizures."

The court has held that some searches are reasonable, and some aren't. The Court has already held that the types of stops put on by the Border Patrol, up to 100 miles out, are reasonable.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Not my son. I do without health insurance because I need that money for his last year of college. After 911, our country became something else. Not worth our children dying for anymore. Some professor told him he would make a good Ex-pat. At first, I did not like it, but now I think he should think about it in the future.

I have read in the history books how our (mine) ancestors from England suffered terrible abuse from unwarranted searches and seizures and "detaining". The Supreme Court is bought like everyone else.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

"There is nothing to fight for anymore, certainly not freedom."

Really Mom? So if TPTB come to your door to take your freedoms, you'd meekly give them up? You would, without a fight, give up those freedoms?

I'm really sorry to hear that, because imo, that's the attitude that has gotten to this point to begin with.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2ndthought

Really Mom? So if TPTB come to your door to take your freedoms, you'd meekly give them up? You would, without a fight, give up those freedoms?

I'm really sorry to hear that, because imo, that's the attitude that has gotten to this point to begin with.

It's pretty clear that the 400 million American slaves will not be rebelling against their corrupt, violent masters. A peaceful protest in the streets will get some power tripping swat officer to point automatic weapons at you and maybe tear gas you, anything less than peaceful will get you shot full of holes.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 2ndthought

They are taking our freedoms away 100 miles at a time. Soon checkpoints will be everywhere on the roads. Where was your outrage when they came up with the Patriot Act? There are no freedoms left when the police can detain law abiding americans for no reason. You have the freedom to be a slave, that is what is left. I will help my son go where the slaves are treated better. Like Norway or Sweden.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: centhwevir1979

The fight is soon to come. If you want to run, maybe Mom has room for you in her trunk.

Me. I'll fight for my rights and my freedoms, or die trying. Running from the country that gave you all you are is a cowards way out. Run, and you continue to live as a slave, in Mom's words. Run, and further slavery will catch up to you. Stay and fight, and you at least go to your grave with your pride and dignity intact.

Btw. I believe we're only 320 million slaves, to date.

Mom. Same reply to you.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
We need checkpoints 100 miles from a border, yet we leave the border open like a door.........Nothing to see here.

Sometimes it's seems Illegals (yeah that's the word) get treated with more rights and respect than U.S. Citizens.

Seal and secure the border, then we won't need the check points 100 miles from the border.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: 2ndthought

Frankly, I am too old to run. I wish you luck sweetheart, because you are losing the battle. Losing your rights 100 miles at a time til we are all rounded up in the big cities. Have to use all those tanks and armory for something.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

You mentioned something here that struck a nerve with me, because my father keeps saying the same thing and that is "people are rounded up into having to live in cities or a suburb by design" He says that to me nearly every time we speak, he always goes back to this. He truly feels that our living far away from our loved ones as most of us do is something that was planned and not just happenstance. Your response above seems to indicate you feel that way also.

If you don't mind, could I pick your brain and have you elaborate on this theory. I'm just curious and well, curious.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: quirkygirl

I will give it a try. My age, in my 60's, gave me an opportunity to live in a time that we truly felt free. Compared to now. There was inequality, but those of us who experienced those times were lucky. If I could change anything, is that there were no racists.

My husband and I were both born in small towns. Supported by farmers or an industry. Which in turn supported Grain Suppliers, Farm Equipment,. Which supplied jobs. Which funded schools, etc. The railroads use to come through towns for passengers. When we graduated from high school, you had a choice. Leave or go to the city for bigger pay. You had a choice where to rent because there were no credit checks. I never saw a credit card until I was in my 20's. You had a choice in jobs. Lots of jobs did "on the job training" because they expected you to stay for a long time. Then, starting in the 80's the small towns began to die. It is so true, when the schools are gone, the town is dead. Even people of color could buy land, even an acre. But they changed that to 5-10 acres you have to buy. My first house in the 1970's cost me $15,000 and it was easy to make the payments. Going to the doctor and hospital was affordable and not an economic disaster. Each county had its own hospital. Most jobs were required to offer really good insurance to compete with other employers. All the money and expansion was funneled to the cities. My theory is what it always has been, Follow The Money and then you will know the why. I sympathize with your dad about families having to live apart.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Agenda 21. Type it in, you'll find plenty to read.

Mom. I'm 57. Will still fight. I refuse to give up and be one of those that get rounded up. I'm sorry you feel as you do, and wish you luck too.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: milkyway12
a reply to: SlapMonkey

If you refuse a pat down, for example if you're walking in a high crime area, or you have been called in as a suspicious person,

We will ask you if we can do a search of your vehicle, we can't just search it and we won't, as long as we dont have a PC to search it. However, we can do a pat down of your body, not a full search of your body, at almost any point. The pat down is making sure you dont have any weapons.

-----

Agitating the LEO means he can charge you with some bullcrap charges if he wanted to. It saves him the paper work and you the anger of being to taken to jail for the stupidest reason. Swerving in your lane?

-----

I am just warning you, if you come up to a road block, in Mississippi any way, dont try apply your knowledge.

to the 1st part, what defines a high crime area?
to the 2nd part, the vehicle search. you say you wont 'unless' you have PC. how many times has that PC been invented on the spot?
to the 3rd part, and my favorite.... agitating the cop means he can charge me with bullcrap..... o well thats nice. thats professional. way to protect and serve.
the last part is awesome too. 'dont try to apply you knowledge'....

translation=play dumb and follow my orders or i will charge you with some BS just to be a jerk and make your life harder.

yup. you seem like the typical LEO to me. listen to what i say or else!!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
That was pretty funny actually.
I like how they stood their ground and knew their rights.
I know most LEOs don't like it when you know enough to stop them messing you around but it is definitely good to see.
At times I think it would just be easier to say "Yes I'm a US citizen" but the video wouldn't be nearly as good, also it's the principle of it really.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Childish. People need to grow up.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Thanks for the explanation. You are similar in age to my parent's (62 & 63). I value your generations opinion because you remember a different time and life. The checkpoints are scaring me because they are popping up all over the place. If someone would have told me even five years ago that the police would have roadblocks set up, I would have thought they were off their rocker, but now it's a common event.

Someone with more information and knowledge, please inform me on why this happening.

I read this article today:
www.newarkadvocate.com...

Ohio ranked 11th in the nation for the value of military equipment that local sheriffs and police officers have received from the Pentagon — $40.3 million between 2006 and April, according to a Gannett Washington Bureau analysis of Department of Defense data. Florida topped the list with nearly $252.6 million worth of military goods from the Department of Defense.

Why? Why oh why do our police need to be soldiers? Are US citizens so out of control that they need monitoring from police in mine resistant vehicles? I've never seen anything that warrants that.

"One of the most alarming trends we've seen has been the militarization of American policing," said Tim Lynch, director of a criminal justice project at the Libertarian Cato Institute. He said paramilitary units such as SWAT teams were initially only in big cities, but now they're in small towns across America.

"And they are not just being used for extraordinary situations, as they were in the beginning," he said, citing, for example, a hostage standoff. "Nowadays, they are called out for routine policing."

Exactly! A couple weekends ago when I was out with my husband, the police had a roadblock set up for DUI's but the police didn't look like police, they looked like military personnel. I asked my husband why the military was there and he mentioned that he felt they were really the police, even though they had nothing written on them to indicate that they were. We walked down the street to investigate and saw all the police vehicles and military vehicles and that is when we realized it was local police. But why do they feel the need to exert such power over average citizens who were going out to dinner and listening to live music? So troubling.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Thanks for your input. I take care of a disabled husband and grandchildren and do not travel anymore. I did know about the checkpoints expanding. People should read "The Diary of Anne Frank" and how insidious a police state is and grows like cancer.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join