It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"No, Thanks" Best DHS Checkpoint Refusals EVER!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
this summer my son has taken the opportunity to harrass the border patrol.

The first was shortly after leaving Del Rio to come home from Piedras Negras. The other time was in Sierra Blanca (long standing checkpoint there often used in movies as a set for an actual border crossing) as we came back from El Paso.

Both times I pull up, roll down the window, and have the BP officer ask, "Are you an American citizen". Before I could answer, my son blurts out, "Why, are you?"

Obviously they aren't amused. But seeing that he's a teenager, they don't bother with us once I answer, "Yes, we all are"

I agree: this is just one step from "Show me ze papers!!!" But ain't nobody got time for that.....i was just wanting to get home.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This disturbs me and I've had to deal with checkpoints in Florida but not for immigration issues. We were held at a mandatory checkpoint after leaving a nightclub area two weekends ago. Everyone was given sobriety tests, merely for being in a restaurant/bar area of our city.

Then, on I95 Northbound from the Hobe Sound exit --general vicinity, vehicles were being pulled over and given random drug screens on the side of the road!

Is this America? It sure as heck doesn't feel like it.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kauskau

i believe that answering that simple question affects you even at a metaphysical/spiritual level. you are attatching yourself to something an idea created by man. Thats just what my head tells me.
edit on 18-8-2014 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-8-2014 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

and you know what`s so stupid about asking people if they are a citizen?
If you`re not a citizen are you really going to say no?
so, everybody just says yes I`m a citizen and then they let them go on their way without verifying their citizenship.
so, then what`s the point of even having a checkpoint and stopping people and asking them about their citizenship?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

"Yes sir."
"Move along."

Much simpler solution.

"Ja, Sir."
"Bewegen Sie sich entlang."

Viel einfachere Lösung.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

laying eyes on someone can give you insight into the truth of the matter.

but you are right. growing up in el paso, any idea how many blonde haired, blue eyed mexican folks i knew that worked in the states without a visa? they don't "look mexican" and were able to move around freely.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
I live on the east coast we don`t have checkpoints so I wasn`t entirely sure how they work.
I suppose if you say "yes" but they don`t believe you then they would ask for some kind of documentation or verification?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

They can have you pull over for further investigation. Typically, checking ID's is enough to prove your own provenance. If they suspect drugs/people being smuggled, you may be there for awhile.

ETA: I have dealt with no shortage of BP agents in my life. I have never met one that I didn't have a good interaction with.

INS or ICE, on the otherhand....i haven't met one that didn't piss me off.
edit on 8/18/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
This is just idiotic. They're wasting people's time. Plus, the cops and agents aren't the ones making these rules, so what's the point? I could get behind it if they were refusing a search, but they aren't. They're just going "Haha, I'm not answering whether I'm a citizen or not, I'm so smart!" They aren't doing anything that's worth so much fuss and effort.

Now I'll wait for people to respond to me in German, or whatever makes you feel smarter than me.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienUFOHunter

I'll respond to you directly since you're clearly responding, at least in part, to me.

Plus, the cops and agents aren't the ones making these rules, so what's the point?

Oh I know, these agents didn't make the rules that are violating your rights as a citizen. They're just, you know, following orders.

The point is that it raises awareness that these checkpoints shouldn't exist in the first place, they're unconstitutional and in direct violation of the 4th amendment. It sets a bad precedent that can easily lead to further breaches of your rights, right up to the point we're at now were the government can grab you, throw you in a van, and hold you in an undisclosed location for as long as they wish (NDAA). Who needs due process anyway right? Besides, I'm sure it will only be used against terrorists and other potential threats to freedom. I hope the irony is not lost on us.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ExquisitExamplE

I'll respond to you directly since you're clearly responding, at least in part, to me.

I never read your comment, so don't flatter yourself. Also,

It sets a bad precedent that can easily lead to further breaches of your rights, right up to the point we're at now were the government can grab you, throw you in a van

Then they bring you to a fema camp right? If you believe that, you must watch a lot of Faux News.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I never read your comment, so don't flatter yourself. Also,

Duly noted, my apologies.

Then they bring you to a fema camp right? If you believe that, you must watch a lot of Faux News.

They can take you wherever they wish. Are you saying that NDAA does not provide legalese that allows for the indefinite detention of American citizens? I'm not sure why you would associate anything I wrote with the same type of viewpoints commonly espoused by Fox, but let me assure you, I'm not a supporter of their style of programming, and I use that word quite literally.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
a reply to: ElOmen

Because human trafficking doesn't exist, right?
Because drug trafficking doesn't exist, right?
Because arms trafficking doesn't exist, right?

The worst offenders on the grandest scale are the ones mandating the use of the checkpoints in the first place. Consider that?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Well I know that the scope of American rights changes when you are in an airport and I would assume this is true at any border crossing. Were these people crossing the border? If they were crossing into America then I would guess that they do not have the same rights as if they were already in America. Take an airport for instance...They can search you and your belongings whenever they want.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
You know what I find highly amusing is we have people here applauding people that do this because of "freedom" when the person recording this is just being a jerk. Its not difficult to answer yes or no if you're a citizen. On the other side of this, I bet the same people claiming the guy in the video is a hero for standing up for his rights are the same people bashing the govt for the poor border security and the illegal immigrants.

Explain how you can be for this kind of behavior towards someone doing their job in border patrol and then turn around and bash them for not doing their job. It makes no sense to me

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Great thread and video.

There is something I am not clear about -- that doesn't make sense to me.

Failure to comply with a lawful order order from a Federal officer HAS GOT TO BE against the law. (I looked for this on the web and I see a lot of regulations that about this, mostly state law, and there must be Federal law too.)

If that is true (and I am positive it must me) then these particular officers were OBLIGATED to arrest this guy.

So the videos actually point to some serious LAZINESS and / or CORRUPTION. No?

For example, why wouldn't the officer think that this was part of a larger plot -- something related to smuggling, human trafficking, etc.? Maybe related to some car stacked up behind this car, now pulling out their automatic weapons? Something like that?

SO I am a little disappointed in our law enforcement as a law-abiding citizen that these guys didn't get arrested. I wouldn't expect any punishment, but -- at least arrested? At least challenged to obey the law a little bit?

I would say the bigger problem would be if these guys had complied with the DHS and THEN they were harassed on top of that. That would be something worth shouting about -- something REALLY bad (and that probably happens, but there is no indication of that here.)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

Erm... didn't you watch the video? It's mentioned several times that these checkpoints are set up anywhere between 30 and 50 miles from the border, inside America proper.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: doubtit

It would probably help if you address your question at someone in particular, as I'm sure even those of us with similar views would have different ideas and would answer your questions in varying ways.

Interesting registry date by the way o.O

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Axial Leader

Reply to myself -- (bad form?)

Failure to comply in Ohio:

2921.331 Failure to comply with order or signal of police officer.
codes.ohio.gov...

Is failure to comply in California much different?

Having spent too much time on this thread, I think this video was probably staged, or heavily edited, or there is something that we didn't see here. I think the officers could have escalated this up to the point where there were arrests and handcuffs. Maybe it happened and this was edited out.

So the point of this video? To encourage lack of patience with the police, civil disobedience and disrespect. Maybe. It is a free country. No offense taken. But it seems like an attempt to manipulate the viewers, perhaps for some end that is more sinister than anyone here right now can know.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
First. These are Border Patrol checkpoints, not DHS.

Second. These checkpoints have been in place for years.

Third. Illegals come over the border sometimes (most times) far from the normal border crossings. They cross the desert and catch rides in several ways. They then hit the highways, ( or travel 50 miles through the desert or longer on back roads) and unless they're very savvy, they may find themselves facing one of these checkpoints. When asked the question, and they don't understand English, it may give them away. A van packed with 27 people is another giveaway.

Fourth. (ironically) How does asking a question trample on your constitutional rights. Will it be argued that the question alone is illegally 'searching' for an answer?

Fifth. 5 seconds to say 'yes sir' and be waved on, versus 5 minutes in a stupid argument. I'll take the 5 seconds.

I drive truck for a living. I've been though these checkpoints countless times. Late at night I'll hang for a couple minutes to talk and joke with the officers, given the time and no traffic. I've asked if the checks really do any good. Apparently they do. As another member said. Putting eyes on someone could be all it takes to spot a criminal. Get rid of these checkpoints, and those criminals will end up in your neighborhood. Have fun with that.

Nest time I'll have to ask what they feel about idiots that give them a hard time for asking a question.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join