It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"No, Thanks" Best DHS Checkpoint Refusals EVER!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
*double post - see below
edit on 8/18/14 by GENERAL EYES because: double post

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: mwood

You're lucky you have "freedoms". I can't say I'm as fortunate.

But that's neither here nor there, you know, the whole "sworn to uphold and protect people who want it all NOW" thing....

I suppose standing in line at checkouts infuriates you too?

Damn that antiquated system....everything should manifest out of thin air by our command...for we are not mere mortals, we are GODS BY GOLLY!

Compromise and accountability, civil service and civil behavior? Patience is a virtue? PURE PROPAGANDA! That's for the PEASANTS!

So bring on your hyper-drives, free energy, one of those nifty endless bank accounts and pure matter compilers....feed the world, house the homeless and world peace. No war, famine or death any longer.

But no, we have to answer simple questions that some perceive as inconvenient.

Just saying, it's not all about unbridled FREEDOM until those big issues are taken care of. Sadly, more people are interested in what they can "get out" of America than what they can "give in".

"Yes sir."
"Move along."

Much simpler solution.

Have a glorious evening.

edit on 8/18/14 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: NoAngel2u

Yeah, nothing ever lands out in the desert....like PLANES or anything.
Derp.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: mwood
I have absolutely zero problem with what they are doing at the check points. They should stop EVERY vehicle and check id's to ensure you are a US citizen....

The problem is that the checkpoints need to be moved 30-50 miles south to THE BORDER and do it there!!!!!!

Crazy stupid procedures.

All that manpower wasted on road blocks when they walk across the border by the thousands unchecked.

I am curious to know how many Illegals they have caught at the checkpoints. Not that illegals aren't driving around but they know about the checkpoints and avoid them so I am sure the captures there are almost zero.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is a thread about the bill of rights. I'm sorry idk how to get that link. That thread has info on this topic. 100 miles inland you are in a border zone. If you can find that thread its on all 10 bill of rights.
edit on 18-8-2014 by Iamthatbish because: added link i hope

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

You obviously do not understand what our founding fathers meant by Liberty and Freedom...

Having checkpoints is unconstitutional, no matter what crimes will be committed...

You should move to Canada if you aren't strong enough to handle freedom...

With freedom comes danger...

...and it is more than worth it.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
"Did I stumble into Mexico?"

Bahahahaha...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: applesthateatpeople

Oi vey.
I feel like I'm in a fourth grade attempt at civics class.

Even the Laws of the Universe have fundamental constants.
If not, there would be no cohesiveness holding anything together.

Everything is fractal, even our "rules and regulations" in society.

You want absolute freedom?
You are, of course, free to do as you choose.
Funny thing is, that would mean so are THEY, right?

Imagine how bad it would get if THEY weren't subject to laws and regulations.
There's something to ponder.

Oh well.
I won't be in that line up anyway.
Have a nice day.
Happy posting.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

I don't know why you wouldn't obey such simple questions, I've been through many of these checkpoints and was on my way after 15 seconds of complying.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

What's the matter with Mexico? This is happening in the good ol' USA not Mexico. Are there checkpoints in Mexico?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ElOmen

I understand the viral nature of going against the system, the uncomfortable but invigorating feeling that you're making a difference or standing for something....however....what these people are doing, solves nothing. Those same check points are still going to be there the next time they roll through. All they've won is a pat on the back and a "you tell em'" from a bunch of mindless zombies on youtube, who would sooner wet themselves in front of an audience before arguing with enforcement officers (whom represent 'The Law').

I think a lot of us know that feeling of unease (a void in your stomach) when you see those flashing red and blue lights behind you.... It's not a pleasant feeling. You're conditioned from a young age to fear (obey) 'The Law' and whom enforce it. If stunts like these actually got 100's of 1000's of people to act, then sure, they'd be worth it, but that's all it is....a stunt.

Good on them for having the knowledge of our constitutional rights, but....they're winning "likes" not hearts and minds. It's childishness at best. If this is all we can do to bring awareness to an encroachment on our livelihood....what does that say about our society?

imho, the system has won because the people have bought into the lies for far too long. These little stunts are now just the icing on the cake...

The cake is a lie
Remember?
edit on 18-8-2014 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
awsome vidoe, does this tatic work at DUI check points also?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Whats wrong in asking if you are a citizen ? i don't get what the drama is all about. Americans are upset about uncontrolled immigration but also are upset when Authorities simply ask them . And no ...don't assume i automatically agree with NDA and other Nazi style laws but this is taking it to the extreme ...

certainly a good way for an illegal immigrant to avoid the authorities

edit on 18-8-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: cerbium
a reply to: VoidHawk

I don't know why you wouldn't obey such simple questions, I've been through many of these checkpoints and was on my way after 15 seconds of complying.

15 seconds!
Ok, so exactly what did that 15 seconds achieve?
A security check takes way more than 15 seconds!

I notice you said "15 seconds of complying"
Complying is what its about, you've just proved that by saying it only took 15 seconds, and then you followed up with "complying"

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElOmen
i just learned something from this video today that id like to share with everyone.
Know your rights and stop all this tyrannical nonsense.

Excellent video! Thank you for posting that!

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
So i am confused...the ones complaining about checkpoints like that...are those the ones that are also complaining about illegal imigrants? I guess not...but if yes: how should they make part of their work when they are not allowed to search cars...?

edit on 18-8-2014 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
One one hand, these guys are doing a good thing in either (a) asserting 4th-Amendment rights, or at the least, (b) showing that IF they're incorrect in their assertions, these checkpoint agents are failing at their jobs by just letting them move along.

I applaud those willing to take a stand like this--I agree that many of these checkpoints are a waste of time and resources--but I also feel that they often take it to an unnecessary extreme.

I'm too lazy right now, but someone please tell me, during the midst of high-profile illegal immigration problems, how just simply asking if you're an American citizen is crossing the line of an "unreasonable search." In my opinion, it's not. Now, I agree with not letting them just search one's vehicle on thier every whim, but answering that one question, imo, is not unreasonable. I would just answer the question, and if for some unnecessary reason the agent wanted to take it further and do searches or whatnot, THEN would be the time to assert your claims of unreasonable action.

I'm 100% with the whole crowd who knows that greater freedoms and liberty come with inherent costs and dangers, but I also understand the battle cry that these are unnecessary. Whatever happened to good ol' imposition of current, applicable laws and using THAT as a deterrent over wasting money and manpower asking thousands of vehicles, "Are you a U.S. citizen?" It's a tactic that so bad that I wouldn't even wipe my own azz with it...BUT, I disagree that the simple question is unreasonable given the vicinity of the border and the problems we're having right now.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
That'll be quite enough.

We are not here to discuss each other. We are here to discuss the validity, or lack of same, of checkpoints.

There will be no more accusations of sheepledom, or whatever other stupid titles y'all can come up with.

It stops now.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

We need to start tracking what states and at what times these immigration "check points" are occurring. People have a right to know where these are becoming a problem. Great information though.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

i would understand if this guy reacts like this in case someone wants to search his car...but to react like that over a simple question is just over-dramatic...It was in the 80 miles radius from the border....

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

LOL

That went over your head, I see.

It's okay... most people don't understand liberty these days.

"He that would give up liberty for a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Or something similar.

Good luck with your love of Nazi rule.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join