It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Lion Attacks a Person in a Circus - VIDEO

page: 1

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:04 PM
This is why I'm against the Circus with animals. Soon or later that is going to happen.

WARNING : Don't watch it if you think it can disturb you.

On the video they said the lion was already annoyed by the trainer, it's clear.

I read about it a few days ago but was waiting for a video to come up.

The terrible attack victim who was a teacher in a circus of Cusco was recorded by an amateur camera.
As seen in the short terrifying, the woman was told where the trainer for the trick which had been called.
From time to time, the lion jumped on her and bit her neck directly, to the stunned eyes of the present.
Amid the screams and scares, chases the lion tamer. Bringing drags the body of teaching that seems faint.
Students did not stop mourn face the fact that left the woman with serious injuries.
The animal is currently isolated, pending the court ruling to determine whether it will be slaughtered or sent to a shelter. It would penalize both tamed and the circus responsible for negligence.
edit on 17-8-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:37 PM
not a very good video its blurry

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:47 PM
a reply to: aightism2

Is that important ?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:53 PM
Cats use smell to identify things and she was not someone it had been accustomed to. It is possible the combination of this lady's red jacket and the lions obvious distaste for her perfume triggered the attack.

With that said, animals DO NOT belong in the circus and should only be held captive if there is a serious threat of extinction, usually brought on by poaching or loss of habitat. Again, another stupid human endeavor.

This isn't the first attack and certainly wont be the last.

edit on 17-8-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:06 PM

originally posted by: aightism2
not a very good video its blurry

... the video is clear enough to see what's happening. It doesn't need to be any clearer.

This kind of thing is bound to happen every once in awhile with the amount of animals they have in circuses and zoos. Sure, it's cool to go watch animals do tricks at circuses or whatever they're doing with them, and it's cool to see exotic animals up close in a zoo. However, this isn't fair to the animals that we capture and put in there. In some cases some animals may be safer and live better lives in a zoo, but not always. Same way in places like Seaworld.

This whale could have an entire ocean to swim in, instead it gets this

It's not fair that we do things like this to some animals just for our enjoyment.
edit on 17-8-2014 by Havox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:31 PM
Good for the cat.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:31 PM
Keep a wild cat in captivity and force it to do tricks and that's what you get, a very unhappy cat!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:34 PM
a reply to: Trueman

Getting in a cage with a lion, that's some Darwin award stuff.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:39 PM
note to everyone....don't trust wild animals, even if some yahoo says it's fine...there is a very good reason why they are called wild.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:59 PM
i think sooner rather than later societies worldwide will cease to use animals as performing slaves, probably in the end due to to the practice becoming unnaceptable, to ever greater numbers of people and so, unprofitable.

i'm sorry for the trainer all the same. and the lion. i hope they don't destroy it.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:05 PM
a reply to: Night Star

Hi Night star...I knew you'd be here!

Anyone who knows me KNOWS my love for the big cats. They are beautiful and powerful. They were not put here for us to hold captive and be forced to perform "tricks" for our amusement. They are predators...certain behaviors and scents will cause them to attack...not to mention being forced to do unnatural things by force pissing them off all the time.. If I were that lion I would do the same. BTW it is not just big cats, but elephants and other animals who "snap" after years of this stuff. They were made to be free

new topics

top topics